• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Oooo OOO Challenge IV is here and wow its a whopper of a one....

Started by Pat, May 03, 2009, 08:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Here will be challenge IV from me and my little attempts at a back story of being a YANK.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Rayden

Pat, could I have a Region Census (not traffic) and an image of your Tile E? If you could have them on a bigger size of your normal ones, ie. 1024 px width would be better. ;)
Nice work with your challenge 3 :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey Silvio a wee problem about E if you didn't see my post in my challenge III thread I need your permission to rebuild it as it was... When I exited the game yesterday I hit the wrong button whooopsie, "exit without save" cause when I came back to it this morning before work it was gone all gone...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

Well Silvio I got this pic done with the population since E is the only one developed at this time....

click for full resolution!!!

If you need more Silvio just let me know!!

mrbisonm

Just to remind you..........
If E was deleted after the picture was taken, it should be redone to the exact (or most exact) possible way as it was before, since the rule said that you may NOT touch anything in the separatist's regionhalf without the permission of the rebel leader.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Hi Fred I gotten it back to almost where the south side was far as farming... The north side in my area is changed a bit but not to much... Anyways here is my marching orders that I gave to Cabrabuitre....

Quote from: Pat on May 03, 2009, 03:35:07 PM
Anywho OK Cabrabuitre here are some marching orders from me OK you ready?

First off I would like a region pic of Northern zone with a population chart so I know what I am working with...

Second I ask that you rebuild the rail connection as I would like to exchange goods, you know to make it easier then using the roads as since well there are a few fundamentilist out there and I have no control over them yet...

Third request is simple at this time seeing as your stuck in the south and we have a nice hot spring I would like to have a small park constructed with any flare you would like it has to be nice though.... But one thing it can't have a hot spring in it.... You may build this park in the south there and it has to be near Route 10...

Once these simple request are fullfilled I will then have further request aka marching orders for the construction and beautification of the North....

Ohh I forgot to mention that in the region view pic can you please have the city boarders and names on for me thanks a million

Patrick

mrbisonm

Pat

Rayden

Sorry Pat, but I need an RCI graph of Tile E, and a Traffic View image of Tile H.
There is not much info I could take from previous challenges or addicional pics you have. You should consider to add once in a while a pic or two from different areas of your region. :thumbsup:

Pat

Silvio I just added some extra pics finally lol... I will edit in the RCI graph in a bit....

Pat

Rayden

Pat

OK Silvio here are the specs you have requested....

Tile H aka Hanover Park:

Tile E aka Edwardston:

soulchaser

WOW...How do you realize passing freight trains??? might also be your freight trucks, as I seem to see in your pics

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Korot

That white/blue-ish colour you see is the default colour which also shows when there is no traffic at all.

Rayden

soulchaser

Darn...now I look like a total Newbe :D Maybe I've worked too much for today ???

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Rayden

This is the demands of the separatists group commanded by El Rayden:

1 - Restore the communications with the north, by rebuilding the rail line, but keep the control outposts either on Route 10 and BRT.

2 - Start by building a Railyard as in the map, and a freight station where the red dot is.

3 - Develop farming within the area as in the map.

4 - Build residential and commercial within the areas as in the map. At the same time, start developing industry within the area as in the map. Try to balance things so the demand flows easily. Don't forget to give a space buffer between the industry and residential areas. A two or three tile space on both sides of the main Route 10 will be sufficient. Fill it up with trees and other stuff you find appropriate, like small rest stops, gas stations or similar.

5 - Build civic services when necessary.

Try to follow this lines by its order, it will easy your job, specially when you have to develop different kind of industries. For instance, as soon as I-M starts growing, the farming demand drops to negative, so, try to develop farming first. The coloured areas are just markers, you don't have to fill them up completely, just use your best judgement.

Most important, don't use high density at all, I don't want to see anything bigger than 3 or 4 floors max, nor high wealth. Play with taxes to make things grow the way you want.

I believe that's all for now, it should give you a few hours play time. Enjoy.

El Rayden :satisfied:

Pat

Pat

Status Update:

Rail Line Connection is Restored as Per requested....

Before:

After:

Now some stats:

Some Pictures of whats happening of the area:

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred