• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

XD Challenge 4

Started by XiahouDun, May 03, 2009, 10:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiahouDun

Awaiting orders (and prepping to dish some out too) :thumbsup:
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

XiahouDun

These are the orders I have left for Splime:
Quote from: XiahouDun on May 05, 2009, 01:16:10 PM
There, now that we have our attention Mayor Splime, we have a list of demands for you to go over. We like to think they are reasonable, and that you should have no problem accommodating us. Our demands for tile D are as follows:

1) We need space! We want a residential area to house 1000-5000 people, and some distance between these houses. You can have no more than 3 lots side by side before giving 1 tile of seperation. We need room to stretch out and for our children to play.

2) Recreation is a must. We want a small sports facility of some kind, as well as at least 1 park that is 5x5 tiles.

3) Education is even more important. We want an elementary school, high school, and a library. At least one of these needs to be near the park that you have built for our demands.

I think we have been more than reasonable in our demands. Good day sir.

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

wouanagaine

Hi

Sorry for the very late orders, I was on holidays without net connexion and didn't know you were the one I had to give order

1 ) build a road from town in tile A to town tile B
2 ) build an education system ( elementary school and high school ) in town on tile B
3 ) develop a ID/IM zone between the 2 towns

Screenshots needed:
Traffic view for point 1
1 or 2 pic at zoom 3/4 or 5 of school and highschool
2 pic at zoom 3/4 of the ID/IM zone preferably showing the connexion with main road

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

XiahouDun

Those all seem like fair demands. I'll get right on it :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Reminder:

Don't fordet that the limit for this challenge is in a little over 24 hours. Keep this in mind!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

XiahouDun

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 16, 2009, 05:06:23 PM
Reminder:

Don't fordet that the limit for this challenge is in a little over 24 hours. Keep this in mind!

Fred
Its coming :-[ was having issues with the game earlier, just needing to finish one part an its good to go :thumbsup:

XiahouDun

Sorry for being slightly tardy. Given the time restraints I was faced with I hope you don't mind my late posting.

New region view, complete with the new road connecting Tile A to Tile B.

The mayor clearly couldn't be bothered spending all the money on a new, high tech school. Apparently he couldn't contact JBSimio school designs for a new model, so he decided to build stock schools instead.

To meet Wou's demands, a new city had to be built in Tile A (since there wasn't a city in Tile A). The next shots are of the new city, and the requested industrial park that was requested:

The last shot shows the positioning of the new industry. The road to the bottom is Route 10, the road north of the industrial park is the new route connecting Tiles A and B.

So, we were ordered to build a memorial. Why build a simple statue, when you can build a whole park around it?

I think our friends in the north will be happy with this. Located on the small island on the south side of tile E, so its close enough for either side to visit (since its next to my road that was left open).

And the requested pictures of my new developments:
Tile D has a new city on my side of the river, connected by the bridge that was blocked off:

My main city in tile H has continued to expand southward also:

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

XiahouDun

Fixed the broken image link that I completely missed last night :-[

wouanagaine

Nicely done,

I've completly mess up with the region view, I thought the original town was in Tile A not in Tile D, my bad :(

Very nice industrial with the surrounding parking. Is it a lot you made ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

XiahouDun

Thanks Wou. And its fine, I didn't mind making a new city anyways. Was planning on putting a city there before the split. And those parking lots are Industrial Parking by tomdapom on ST.

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  You have been very reasonable with your demands to your adversary, maybe too much. We have given you 4 points for this.

2.  You yourself received very reasonable demands from your other adversary and have completed them correctly. Some little things have forced us to give you 4 points for this part of the challenge. The highschool does not quite fit into these settings and the industrials are a little too big for the residentials, somewhat unbbalanced, although workers could come from elsewhere. But 4 points are still considered as *very Good*.

3.  The statue is simple and nicely surrounded, there was some effort involved and 5 points were given.

Basically well done, could use some more intensive building and some wildgrowing trees. A total of 13 points were added to your total.

Fred and Lynn