• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge V... Yes that is Challenge 5!!!! Here I am to finish off woohoo!!!

Started by Pat, May 16, 2009, 09:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Yuppers that is right Challenge V Board will be here when the orders come down...

Here are the orders I just posted to Barbys thread....................................................

Ello eelllloo oooh hi there Barby I am back now I see the transmission is working here again....  OK I have talked over with the general and I am sorry those plans are umm whoopsie never mind lol.... My slip as I miss understood him please forgive me Ma'am!!!

OK what was meant is we see there is no coastel devolpement at all along that wonderful mountain area... What we would like to see is a fishing village or harbor and then devolp the area by the following chart of Fishing Port, Industry, Commercial, Residential, and Farming.... You have full descrestion when building the area and when services are needed IE fire and police please build them in the two tiles...

yes you have permission to clear the logging area there that was left behind as well... Also if power is needed please supply and along with the other services of water and garbage services as well...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

Hello Pat - please post a regional picture at zoom 5 in transportation view. Oh - and please do not overlay fancy graphics on the picture as I'd like to be able to study the region and develop a plan. Thank You.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

what? there are zoomlevels in regional view...I must have missed something

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Pat

Hi there Jim I have recieved your Orders and I will get your request in asap....

Still trying to figure out this new toy lol....

@ Soulchaser lol..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

Jim I shall hopefully have that pic for you soon today!!!

Pat

OK third bump in my own thread ooi OK anyways I do appoligze to you the rebellion leader Jim!! I am surpirsed you havent yelled at me by now gezzs.... OK here comes fax tranmission to you and let me know if it comes threw.....

OK so those are the first parts of your request now I will await the rest of your orders sir!!!

Rayden

You haven't completed the orders I gave you on challenge 4 &mmm

Pat

I know Silvio I am sorry I didnt get a chance to finish them and I am sadden siiiiiiigh....  I was showing off devolpment shots and got stuck with setting up the new computer and lost my time frame....  But at least I got some of it done!!!

jmyers2043

QuoteYou haven't completed the orders I gave you on challenge 4

Sorry Silvo ... he's all mine now  ()flamdev()

Official Orders for Pat

I see that the separatists control your southern region. I feel your pain as they also control mine. I also see that Rayden had you develop Tile H for challenge 4. TheThreeStooges ordered me to develop tile H. Subsequently, we have the same city tiles available.   

I've already received my orders from Miss-Mall <aka> newsimaddict. You may be thinking to yourself "So what?!"  Well, I am going to give the exact orders that I received to you .. because .. I want to see who can best fulfill her desires and dreams. Like two suitors' making an impression. You and me. In head to head competition. Mano-a-mano. I'm challenging you to the proverbial dual. The line is drawn in the sand. Will you cross it? The block is on my shoulder. Will you knock it off?

It would be super if Miss-newsimaddict would be a judge in the end (for the fun of it) to see whose city reigns supreme.

Here are the instructions.
1. Green = woods or areas left to nature
2. Yellow = farm fields
3. Blue is a large shopping mall. This will have to be a commercial plop lot with a lot of jobs to support a city.
4. Cyan = RCI (Residential, commercial, and industrial) the city must look big, busy, and brown. By brown I take it that the predominant style of homes are of the brownstone style e.g. 2 to 4 story medium density residentials similar but not necessarily limited to JBSimio and Marczar's tenement style buildings. You've got Carte Blanch to accomplish this. Schools, Parks, Landmarks, anything and everything needed to encourage this type of growth. The entire area does not have to be filled in. You may leave gaps or open spaces to suite your asthetic preferences. Hint: One strategy I am going to use is the 'make historical' button if one of those brownstones happens to grow.
5. The only stipulation is that the RCI buildings must grow. No industrial or commercial plops. The obvious exception is the Shopping Mall.
6. For some unknown reason a prison on the island off the coast.  ::)
7. Orange = Tram stations. Suite yourself as to the path of the connecting track and number of stops along the route. 
8. White = Curvy scenic road at the edge of town.

By the way – I don't know if you are like me. But I don't have a readymade mall to plop. I'll have to lot one. I can make the commercial plop lot for you if you need one. Just let me know the size and the number of jobs required. I'll make you a blank commercial plop ready for lotting. Or, I may just go searching the LEX. I've not made up my mind yet.

That's about it. Use the map (below) as your guide and good Luck. Oh... be careful. I don't want you to hurt your back or strain you neck.

Pat

heheheehe Jim hmmm this is going to be great a competition within a competition!!! BTW I think its best to say all is fair in shopping and war lol!!!!

EDIT: BTW there is the this linkie here for finding the best mall to your taste Jim.... This will be my only friendly public gesture lol hehehe

jmyers2043

Quotefinding the best mall to your taste Jim

Gaaahhh!!! You've got a mall and you even uploaded it? I am in deep do do.

Pat

Well Jim yea I lotted and modded park place... Urbansprawl said I could re upload the mall and he was happy with the relot and modding but that was sooo long ago... I need to and find the undatpacked model files and find someone to PIM X them to be properly modded cause its also a cheater lot in a way lol... But that's eventually lol

jmyers2043

Hey Pat. How you doing?

I am going to borrow one of your phrases. This challenge 5 is a "Whopper". Huge amount of work. I spent about 6 hours in the LE just getting things set for the 'big' city. But it's about 95% done. Big. Busy. Brown. I am hoping that brown is MrB's favorite color as there's a lot of it. :D  I've got just a few little tweaks to do for the odd screen grab. Such as few vacant lots and a couple of small 'inbetween' parks.

The more I fiddled with the tram lines the more I learned. I wasn't too enthusiastic about trams at first but they're quite nice. I even saw a tram car or tain (what ever those things are called) zooming down the tracks.

I still have my army base to do and a navy base as well <whew> Did the Air Force last week. Spent way too much time on the air base and fell behind. But I'll meet the deadline. How's your progress?

Thanks for the mall link. I definatelly didn't have enough time to make a custom mall for the challenge. Although it took about an hour to find and download the dependencies for the SimGoober Mall.  ::)  I know. I'm slow.  :(

Anyways, here's a pic. Not very clear, but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Pat

Jim very good choice there for the Mall indeed!!! I am doing good and I've been a busy bee building the north lol.... I will have a pic or two later tonight  ;)

newsimaddict

I see the challenge is going well between you two! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how you both go with this...and the brown is looking wonderful Jim. Great going...

(and am glad you're liking the trams  :))

Pat

Miss Mall woman lol hehehe I have to admit trams are going to be a hard thing for me too!!! So I just have to spy in on Jim lol...

mrbisonm

jmyers2043...............maybe I do like brown............ ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

newsimaddict

spying hey? but i thought he was spying on you!  ;D

mrb - who couldn't love brown...you mix enough paints together and you always end up with a shade of brown!

Pat

Newsim,
Touche' or how ever you spell it lol.... Very true though as he is techincaly spying on me but it dont hurt to do my research.... I cant wait to get something good to show off here!!

jmyers2043

Hey Pat! How you doin'?

I've posted the pictures for "Shopping Wars!" in my challenge 5 thread.

This picture, as nice and brown as it is, did not make the final cut. Anyway - I hope all is going well. Marion (my wife of 35 years) is happy that challenge 5 is over as we now are spending time together  :D  and perhaps I can watch some sports on TV tomorrow?    ::)   

Good Luck (did I just say good luck? Well, not too much of it) and may the best city win. . . .