• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

XD Challenge 5

Started by XiahouDun, May 18, 2009, 01:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiahouDun

Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

CabraBuitre

XiahouDun,

The Honorable Colonel Cabra of the Separatists bids his welcome.

I'm wondering if I might be able to see two regional views... one Transit, one Satellite.  I think we may have gotten the transit from our last discussion... but can you transfer it over here so everything is together?  And can you also include some census numbers too?

Once I receive this information and confer with the Council, I will advise you as to your next moves.

-Cabra

Check out Abelfarei!

XiahouDun

Populations
Tile A: 250
Tile B: 2526
Tile D: 2553
Tile E: 193
Tile H: 5281

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

CabraBuitre

XiahouDun,

Do any of the tiles have names yet?

Check out Abelfarei!

XiahouDun

They are all named after the tile letter, so Tile A is still Tile A (and so on), to prevent confusion.

XiahouDun

My orders to Antn
Quote from: XiahouDun on May 21, 2009, 09:30:35 PM
Tile A feels lonely, we need a city developed there. Build a fully functioning, self supported city. So residential, commercial, and industrial, along with police, fire, health, and educational buildings, plus a population of at least 2000. This city must occupy both the east and west sides of the river. Your Route 10 must also run through the city, not just around it. Your new city in Tile A must also proudly display a water tower near its down town area.

We are supposed to give our orders as if we are playing, so I'm going to have you try your hand at one of my specialties. I don't like how Tile K's city/farms just end. Build a small farm town in Tile L that appears as if it is part of the same city in Tile K. I'd like to see at least 5 different zones for farming developed in this tile. Also, I'd like to see a small rural town, with a population under 1000. There are no guidelines for what else the city must have, as long as you capture that small town feel.

CabraBuitre

OK, here are your orders!

First off... The official names (of the tiles) can stay... but the Separatists want to break away... so they want names on their city tiles.  These can be unofficial (i.e. you don't have to go back and rename the cities if you don't want to) but they want to put their mark on the land... by giving the city tiles a name!

The Separatists are upset, toom about the local media's portrayal of their plight.  They would like to make sure that their story is properly told in the next update.
(In other words, I would like to see a story when you are showing your pictures.  Just make something up!  Check out my updates from #2, #3, or #4 for some examples).

Anyway... back to the Separatists.  Like I said, they're pretty honked off that they're not getting to tell their side of the story and so they have created their own media outlet... KSIM.

Somewhere in this update, you need to create the KSIM headquarters, found HERE.

It can be in either tile and anywhere you'd like... as long as it looks natural.

In closed-door discussions with the south, the Separatists have decided to reopen the river crossings... but there will be security checks at each crossing, and anyone could be denied access for any reason. 

Now, to the building.

You will build, next, in tiles F and L.  Start off by building a main road from Hwy 10 east, through F and into L where it turns north and connects with K.  It should follow the coast but it should be an in-land road (able to build on both sides), not a coastal road.

You will then be building on the east side of F (the side towards L) and the west side of L.  You should build two linked towns that have working balances of residential, commercial, and industry, but the industry should be as High Tech as possible.  To achieve this, you will want to make sure you have plenty of schools. Please create these like normal and build a college in tile F as well (You can build one in L if you would like, too, as an extension site of the main campus in F).  Please name the college and make sure you tell us what the mascot is!

Add the necessary utilities/services as you see fit.  These cities should be well-educated and can be well-off if you are able to get the $$$ people to move it!  Keep the densities to low or medium at this time for residential and commercial.  Industrial can have a few large employers if you would like.  You may want to build these kind of close together because of the next part...

Please also build a monorail between F and L.  It should link the residential, commercial, and industrial sections and can travel which ever path you see fit (can be straight line or loop, which ever you choose).

Finally, construct a city center in each of the two tiles F and L as the center for the local governments, with the center of the Separatists regional government being placed in F.  Don't go overboard... but make it show off a bit if you want.  Link these two city centers with the monorail as well.

This may seem like a lot... but you really are just building two working cities, adding one specific building, with a monorail and High Tech industry.  The difficult part may be the monorail... but this may actually help the cities to grow well.  The last part with the government centers can really be done in any way you see fit.

Check out Abelfarei!

XiahouDun

I'll give you your biased media outlet, but I get to pick the building it will be in ;) As for the city centers, how about 1 city center in Tile F and I just build the 2 cities as if they were 1.

CabraBuitre

I suppose you can choose another headquarters for your media outlet...  But both tiles need to have a city center, even if they butt up against each other and appear to effectively be one metro area.  Think of 'em as twin cities if you'd like... but they still are separate.

Check out Abelfarei!

XiahouDun

As much fun as I've had with this, sadly I have to stop down from GRVII. Someone (me) accidently deleted a big chunk their plugins folder and is in the process of restoring about a gb worth of stuff :-[

mrbisonm

Very sorry to hear this XiahouDun, but you could repair your plugins and come back later, no? As you wish. Good luck.

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

XiahouDun

Definately planning on attempting to :D I figured this way I'd at least not be issued well thought out challenges that I can't answer to :-[