• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge #5

Started by CabraBuitre, May 18, 2009, 09:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CabraBuitre

Thanks a lot guys!

This challenge was really hard for me for a couple of reasons.  First off, I was forced to use a lot of different types of things than I'm used to... the seawall (though I had wanted to use PEG's new* board walk) the coal mines, the rail yard, high density anything, rails...

*as opposed to his old one... I know it's been around for over a year, but I hadn't used it yet!

These orders certainly stretched me as a city builder!  The Gov-ordered ones were tough too... I haven't built any military bases in any of my cities previously either...

So I had to pour though all kinds of custom content and try to find great looking things that I had seen before and put them together in an aesthetically pleasing way.

That's part of the reason why it took me so darn long... and it didn't help that I kept building stuff and then had CTD's.  That scenic rail pic, unfortunately, is one of those that I lost.  Took the pic after creating the area... and then lost it about 5 mins later.  I'm glad I actually got the image, because I like it too!

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

I know the feeling Cabra as playing in GRV has really pushed me to play the game and learn new things!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 5

I finally got around to continue the GRV II Challenges and we will continue with the judgement of Challenge 5, 6 and 7 in the next weeks. Make also sure to read the *speach* that I wrote in the General discussion thread, maybe giving an explanation to all this delay.
How this challenge was judged can be found in the Challenge 5 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 5 also.

This challenge wasn't any easier than the one before to judge, because we had to look at many different points and from different views. Thank You.

1. All re-connections are well done and we gave you 3 points for this.
2. The orders you gave your adversary were well though through and we decided to give you 4 points.
3. Completing the orders of the rebel's were done very good. You spent a lot of time  by doing this and we decided to give you 4 points.
4. Your armybases are well placed and you made good use of custom lots, but the airport is a little too exagerated. 3 solid points were added to your total.
5. Not much of a scenic rail what we were looking for, but still nice little strip of wildflowers and forest. It is worth a good 3 points.

You have earned yourself a total of 17 points in this challenge. Very good.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)