• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge #6

Started by CabraBuitre, June 14, 2009, 06:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CabraBuitre

It just wouldn't be a challenge if I was on time... This will be up within the hour year! ()what()

Check out Abelfarei!

CabraBuitre

Believe it or not, I've had this done about 3 or 4 times... but I've been interrupted in the middle of posting and haven't finished.

Then, when I come back to do it again, I find something I want to change... 

So, without any more ado, here's challenge 6!

Here is the reunified crossing at the southern short of Erehwon.  A public park has surrounded the "peace offering" of the mail carrier from challenge 4 and the soldiers are long gone.  The riverwalk here has become a wonderful place to watch whales move upriver to their breeding grounds inland, and you can see a whale in the picture.  The checkpoint has been turned into a toll for the bridge to raise money to maintain the new park.  Compare this to what it looked like before.

The city of Blairgowne has been chosen for the vacation location for the celebration of the governor and the mayors.

Blairgowne was chosen for its unique location.

The warm waters from the sea come up to the shores, but the beach is protected from the largest and most dangerous waves by the peninsula.

The area is unique because of the shelf that the beach sits upon.  This drops off, so people can moor their boats off shore (and still have them be relatively protected) and spend time at the beach.

And the fine sands of Blairgowne beach are great for sunbathing!

After a day at the beach, you'd probably get pretty hungry.  There are snack shops at the beach, but Blairgowne offers some excellent cuisine.

You didn't think you'd have to walk, though, did you?  See the carriage in the above picture?

Blairgowne has a network of carriages that serves the beach, the restaurants, and the hotels.

The best of these restaurants is the 6 star restaurant Emanon.  The chefs at Emanon are experts in more types of cuisine than can quickly be named and routinely combine foods from different cultures to make brand new dishes.  And the service is first rate.  In the picture above, the wait-staff is lined up like the military unit they actually are... the culinary platoon of Blairgowne is made up of soldiers who were active during the separation and now have devoted themselves to a more peaceful career.

Also note in the above picture the rail station... this is the entry-point of Blairgowne, as most guests who don't boat in will fly into the airport (formerly the air force base) and then ride in luxury via rail.

In the last picture, you can see the world renowned Kronos Quartet playing for the diners.

After dinner, you'll probably be ready to rest a bit.

And the Palmer House is the perfect location for this!

Commissioned by Porter Palmer, grandson of Chicago hotel magnate Potter Palmer, this hotel has the finest accommodations and service in the region.  Due to its popularity, it has gone through many expansions, but always the service is first rate... beginning, of course, by the luxury carriage ride to bring to you through the Blairgowne gardens to the carriage entrance.

And finally, after resting up after a day at the beach and a fine meal, you can take in the theater or the fine shops of Blairgowne, just a short walk from the Palmer House!

Almost forgot the regional pic!

Check out Abelfarei!

jmyers2043

Nice update. I like simple things - and those criss cross umbrellas on the beach are a neat idea. I don't recall seeing that done before.     :thumbsup:

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)