• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge VI Beaches and some R&R!!!

Started by Pat, June 15, 2009, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Challenge Six will get posted here as soon as I finish off challenge 5.... I promise that challenge 6 will be done asap!!! I don't plan on leaving again anytime soon to Montana again....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

OK here is the Challenge 6 finally done and hot off the presses wooohoo!!!

So we start off with a brand new check point in Flint on Route 10

Yes that is a brand new banner as well since we are reunited here and Mayor Pat cant be all the happier woohoo!!! OK so now we'll cont' in Flint with shots of the hotel that the governor will be staying at while here in the region....

Beachside Resort Inn with all the creature comforts one could ask for!!! There is even access the yacht club here when any guest staying at the Inn can come on down and use a yacht for free!!! Yess that is right free use of a yacht and it ain't no skimpy thing either.... Plus there is even an outdoor amplatheater for the best outdoor preformances ever seen in the world!!!

Don't have any pics of that yacht but here is some more wonderful pics of the Beachside Resort Inn...

OK now I am soooo very hungry and I need some great wine and dinning time.. What about you? OK so I heard that there is this great place in the city of Flint and its the Swan Majestic... WoW talk about the best chefs have trained here and even the great Bobby Flay has been seen here working!!! OK so here we are on the top of the Swan Majestic in the Penthouse floors I should say cause man this place takes up the very Two top floors... OK here is what I have been talking about......

Floor one is the banquet halls and dance floors and also meeting rooms with a kitchen on this floor... Top floor is the main restuarant rummored to hold up to 600 dinners at any time with two full working kitchens!! Yes that is right two kitchens working cause one wasnt enough cause the best of the best come here on a nightly basis...

OK now we leave the City of Flint and head over to Laona where the best beaches can be found!!! The Town of Laona was soo excited that they are the ones to have this wonderful white sand beaches they had to give the area some real flare..  So lets take a look what they have done...

Laona also brags about the best life guards around!! How that has happend alot of the life guards are former military and since they have the best training of any one these soldiers have dropped their guns and picked up the life saving buoys!!! Around the clock services are provided cause the waters here are warm all the time and plus gotta protect the partiers on the beach at night....

OK one last thing to show here tonight before I leave the office is the newest Region view and here we goo!!!

EDIT had to fix two pics as I uploaded the wrong ones.... All corrected now...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

WOW....great night shots.......you must have really high progressed agricultural research in your area.... flowers and fields on sandy beaches  %confuso

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jmyers2043

Hey Pat -

I like the night shot with the neon towers. Getting off topic - I find it interesting how you did your fields in that zoom 2 shot. With those diagonal crisscrossing roads. I'll have to incorporate that idea into my next region some how   &Thk/(   (e.g. the one I do just for the fun of it all) ...

Cheers - Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

zzsteven

Very nice, the white sand looks great. I was trying to find something like that but never could. Those are some cool looking night shots.

zz

TheTeaCat

Nicely done Pat.  &apls

I'll certainly make use of the free yacht. High Tea on the High Sea  ::) :D Hmmm Yummy
Making my travel arrangements asap ;D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

turtle

Hello Pat

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: Great work on that crossing. It looks real. 4 points

2. Beach: Nice beach, but too empty. the amphitheater is a nice touch. 3 points

3. Hotel: Nice choice. it fits well and looks luxurious. 4 points

4. Restaurant: Nice bat from the SHUR project. 3 points

This gives a total of 14 points
My name is Thomas...

soulchaser

Hi Pat,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: You did a great job in lotting, but the textures stop very abrupt. 4 Pts.
2. Beach: Changing the ground beach textures seemed like the best idea for me, too. but then I realized how crappy it looks in regionview. That's ot the case in your pics, but you should have watched the sandy farms and some other details, too. 3 Pts.
3. Hotel: I like the hotel, but it seems a bit empty and small next to the skyscraper. Without this one, it would have been a 4. 3 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Good idea to think of a "penthouse restaurant". It was just the wrong BAT. But an extrapoint for creativity. 3+1 Pts.

That's a total of 14 Points.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

BarbyW

My points:

1. Border crossing - good border crossing with plenty of room for vehicles  4 pts
2. Beach - can't see the detail of the beach clearly enough from that zoom   3 pts
3. Hotel - There is not a lot of landscaping for a luxury hotel and a lot of parking. I don't like the skyscraper so close either.  3 pts
4. Restaurant - this doesn't give the impression of a luxury restaurant. 3 pts

Total points: 13
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

Border crossing: well designed, looks official and one of the better ones I've seen for this challenge: 5 points

Hotel: I like the complex, but the fire pit seems out of place with the rest of the theme: 4 points

Restaurant: creative idea with the penthouse, but I would expect a fancy restaurant to also have a fancy location. the tall buildings surrounding it seem to take away from the potential view too. 3 points.

Beach: it's good, but if it's in a different town, it's a bit far I think for the purposes of the challenge. Looks pretty good though.  3 points

Total: 15 points

jmyers2043

Border crossing - 4 - Good crossing

Beach - 4 - There is certainly a lot of white sand beaches in your city. Even the farms border the beach. 

Hotel - 4 - You've used the hotel to its advantage when you placed a similar looking building next to it. It helps it to blend in with the surroundings much better. 

Restaurant - 5 - I think I'd eat there as long as I can get the table with a view. 

Points = 17
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)