• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 6

Started by cameron1991, June 24, 2009, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

Here's my challenge six.

My hotel, restaurant and beach were all located in the same area in tile A. The Hotel has multiple cabins located on the hillside leading down to the beach. The beach isn't a sandy one as there aren't any sand beaches in my region, but there are a lot of water activities such as kayaking and sailing to do instead. A geothermal vent warms up the water in the bay to a comfortable temperature for swimmers.
I wanted the hotel to be sort of like an escape from the rest of society, so it was built away from the rest of the region where people could relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery in peace and quiet.

But here's the pictures anyway.

An overview of the hotel, beach and restaurant.

The road leading to the Hotel.

The restaurant is was built on the top of a hill so that it could offer people great sunset views of the region while they dine.

And here's a picture of the gravel path that winds up the hill to the restaurant.

Here are various pictures of the hotel and beach.

Here's a picture of the checkpoint separating the north and south parts of the region.

And lastly here's a picture of the entire region

Pat

Hey Cameron great resort here and beaches too!!  You have caputered a Northwoods Wisconsin typical resort down to the T here!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Border Crossing: It's a bit minimalist, but it's certainly unobtrusive. A spot to stop and check all the papers are in order. 4 points

Hotel: I like the idea of a camping resort. The cabins look fancy enough to support the idea that they would be occupied with those who were willing to spend a bit and wanting to get away from it all. It looks exclusive, and tranquil. Linking things with paths was a nice touch. 5 points.

Restaurant: Putting it at the top of the hill for the views is a great touch, but that's a rather long walk. Seems like it would be worth it, but I have the feeling that for a resort in the sense that The Governor is looking for, there would be a way for folks to get up there that didn't require walking. However, those who would go to a resort like this probably wouldn't mind the walk. Certainly worth 4 points for me.

Beach: Not the white sand that appears to be expected in the challenge, but then that would look out of place here. I like that you kept it natural. I think a few more bits around the beach (flora and other beach props) would be better, but the boats and kayaks were a nice touch. 3 points

Total: 16 points

soulchaser

Hi cammeron1991,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: The checkpoint looks a bit cheap in my eyes, sorry. Some smaller buildings on the left or right would help. Only 2 Pts.

And to make it short: The whole Vacation resort totally fits my personal taste. Id love to go there.
2. Beach: 5 Pts.
3. Hotel: 5 Pts.
4. Restaurant: 5 Pts.

I hope that makes the 2 points appear less hard ;)

That's a total of 17 Points.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

turtle

Hello Cameron1991

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: It being in the middle of nowhere sort of justifies the tiny checkpoint. 3 points

2. Beach: Very nice, but could use a bit more detailling. 4 points

3. Hotel: Excellent resort. I could see myself staying there. 5 points

4. Restaurant: Excellent choice. Long walk up,  but I bet the view is worth it! 5 points

This gives a total of 17 points
My name is Thomas...

BarbyW

My points:

1. Border crossing - minimalist but satisfactory 4pts
2. Beach - just a beach - nothing to attract me. 3 pts
3. Hotel - not my idea of luxury. 3 pts
4. Restaurant - difficult to access for less mobile patrons. No road access at all. 3pts

This didn't seem to fit the brief from Fred at all, sorry.

Total points: 13
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jmyers2043

Here are my points given to Cameron

Border crossing - 4 - One of the better ones I think.  Simple – effective – non imposing.

Beach - 3 - Not my idea of a beach. It reminds of a place where I would spend time swatting flies or mosquitoes all day long.

Hotel - 4 - Indeed a nice concept as those luxury cabins do look like they are far and away from the hustle and bustle of everyday sim life.   

Restaurant - 4 - The bat does make for a nice main lodge building.

Points = 15

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)