• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bordertown - Challenge 7 by tooheys

Started by tooheys, August 10, 2009, 10:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Industry

All three pic's show the industrial development at Bancroft Hill

Commercial

The highrise commercial development of Jolinda Creek shown above and below.

At the other end of the scale, the commercial area near the station at Munmorah Ridge

Resources
Timber

To the right of the rail you can see some the regions forestry industry. Starting at the bottom of
the pic you can see the workers' housing, timber storage yard, the main sawmill, maintenance yard and
top right, a lumber crew at work.

Just down the line is the woodchip mill and you can see another lumber crew at work.

Bricks

Upper centre you can see the main brickworks and claypit which is shown in more detail below.
To the left is another claypit and rail sidings. Off to the right are the remains of the old brickyard,
converted to community marketplace.

Farming

Wheat and Barley south of the rail line. Cattle to the north.

Tobacco to the south and nursery plants to the north.

Central Park

Set amongst the highrise of Jolinda Creek, this park is a popular lunch spot. The regional art gallery is
situated in the middle of the park.

beutelschlurf

moin tooheys,
those arrangments look really nice, ... keep it up!  :thumbsup:
most i like your rail-network ...

b_schlurf

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 7

Now that you have judged Challenge 6, you know how difficult judging is....;) Glad you understand now and thanks for judging. The judging of Challenge 6 is still open to everyone and will stay so for awhile to give everyone the chance to judge. Just remember, your judgements will only count as long as you have judged all Challenge 6's.
How this challenge (7) was judged can be found in the Challenge 7 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 7 also.
The pointage will follow in a short time and the judging of Challenge 8 will be after that. Then we will get a new Challenge to work on, while giving me the time to get the Challenge 9 judging done. I will have to do my own part of Challenge 8 first before I start judging yours.
Not everyone will get their judgements of Challenge 7 at the same time, so please have some patience so I can do them all, a matter of two or three days only.
Thanks.

1.  This is one nice industrial center you created there, one of my favourites yet. Excellent work on the combination of different industrial buildings and the rail's access. Well done and wellobserved. Nothing less than a solid 4 points.
2.  Your commercials need to desire though, I liked them less, a little sparce and empty looking. The Munmorah Ridge station picture looks sharp though. 3 points well earned.
3.   Great looking resource pictures, well located and well organized with super good looking lots, no less than 4 points. I love the railaccess and the especially the location of both ressource buildings.
4.  That first farming picture showed is just perfect. Darn real looking terrain behind that greenroofed barn, excellently done and observed. One of the best detailed pics I have yet seen. Very convincing realistic looking. A solid 4 points earned here. I'm impressed.
5.   Wow, what city wouldn't love a central parl like this? Great job and no less than 4 points were given.

Great job, well done, no doubt. Congrats. 1 bonus point for being within time-limit and 1 well earned Challenge-Bonus point for your ability of detailed terraincreating you got yourself some 21 points added to your total. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)