• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge Number 7 Economy and Business

Started by Pat, September 15, 2009, 05:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hmmm speaking about the economy and business wow I am soo a day late and a dollar short lol... Well I hope I soo forgiven this time around as there been so much happening with me health wise but anyways lets get back on track here with a copy of the orders that has been sitting on desk for omg how long now???

*Economy and Business*

"Mayors," the Governor announces in his special meeting about our region's economy," times are a little rough right now and we need to get the economy rolling again. The Government will subsidy businesses of all kinds, whether industrials or commercials. Create jobs and increase the manufacturing, so we can export (by road, water or air) soon as much as possible and get our regional economy on top."

In this challenge we want you to increase the industries and commercials and we will not judge the game efficiency, but simply the good looks of your  images.
That's right, if it looks good, it gets good points.

This is one of the easier challenges before the storm.....while most of us are enjoying the summer and some of us will be on vacation, we thought we might put the 7th challenge on an easier table and to gather enough strength to get fully back into the last three very challenging  challenges.

There will some 6 pictures to be taken of industrials and commercials and we want them to be good looking. We will not judge the paintshopping you can do on the pictures (maybe a Bonus point), but only the images themselves.

Also you will build two different Resources that you have in your region, anything like electricity, mining, logging, fishing etc.(No Farming)  Everything that is from natural resources will be allowed. There are so many choices..... We want four pictures of this, two of each.

Plus two pictures of your Farming community. But hey, no hobbyfarmers though, we want real, moneymaking industrial-like Farming. Farms that earn enough to feed a big family and make profit on top. Yap...Big farms! Any farm is allowed, it can be grain, wine, meat, dairy, tree or fruit, vegetable or anything else that we could stick a name like a farm on it.

And at last one more demand. A park inside a closed municipality, something like a Central Park, for your city or townsims to relax off their stress and enjoy some natural looking surroundings. It doesn't have to be gigantic, just make it big enough for your city (balance the parksize with citysize) and make it practical, maintained and beautiful.

To show this time in your 7th Update:   

1.  3 Pictures in view 2,4 and 5 of your best industry settings.(industrial Park, no matter what category)

2.  3 Pictures in view 2,4 and 5 of your best commercial settings. (downtown, whether service or office)

3.  2 Pictures each of 2 different Ressources being harvested in any view, preferable one in an overview and the other in a more detailed view.

4.  2 Pictures of big farming communities in any view between 1 and 3.

5.  Finally 1 Picture in view 2,3 or 4 of your "simmish central Park"

These images can be taken on either side of your region.

The time for this challenge will be several weeks, because some of us will be on vacation and away from their computers (camping, summercamps etc), therefor we decided to make the deadline for Challenge 7 on August 15, 2009, midnight, NY time as always. Ontime Players will get one Bonus point. By that time we will have all the points calculated and uploaded for the last challenges.

OK So I will have the rest of the post here later...

Harvesting in action err umm should actually say resources being used in action lol...

Farmers here and not just them hobby farmers no sir no hobbyist here nope!!!

Remember this is a work in progress as of Sunday September 20, I did have a problem with my SC 1 Dat file but thank god I figured it out that it was that one that was causing my game not to load lol but hey I am playing again and slowly though ~~~ Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

.......niiiiice......it got well started!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

OK Fred I think I got this all done as per orders, I hope...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

Hey Pat. Nice pictures. I think that the farmers will be selling their land to some beach front property developers during the next challenge.  :D   Nice commercial district. You've got some nice buildings - some that I've never seen grow in my game  :( 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Thanks Jim and what buildings would that be?

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 7

Now that you have judged Challenge 6, you know how difficult judging is....;) Glad you understand now and thanks for judging. The judging of Challenge 6 is still open to everyone and will stay so for awhile to give everyone the chance to judge. Just remember, your judgements will only count as long as you have judged all Challenge 6's.
How this challenge (7) was judged can be found in the Challenge 7 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 7 also.
The pointage will follow in a short time and the judging of Challenge 8 will be after that. Then we will get a new Challenge to work on, while giving me the time to get the Challenge 9 judging done. I will have to do my own part of Challenge 8 first before I start judging yours.
Not everyone will get their judgements of Challenge 7 at the same time, so please have some patience so I can do them all, a matter of two or three days only.
Thanks.

1.   Your Industrials look fairly good and are more or less well located, maybe a little too close to the commercials. Still a solid 3 points were added.
2.  Wow, your city has grown and surely is good looking. I gave you 3 points for the commercials also, because you didn't seem to have respected the picture-sizes we demanded, sorry. (3 pics in view 2,4 and 5)
3.  Your resources look good also, could have used a little more effort for the coal and also a little dirtier since coal really makes a mess of the nearby nature. A solid 3 points were added.
4.  I like your farm outlays and it seems that all of them have homes. Different shapes and sizes is what I was looking for in the farming challenge, something you did well. 4 points.
5. Although a little sparce with your central Park, it is without doubt a central Park. Could have used a little more effort to look better. 3 points were given.

Nice job, Pat. I see a lot of improvement since your beginning, it really shows. Well done !
No Bonus point for being ontime (just like myself....;) ) gives you a total of 16 points for this challenge.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)