• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Track.dat

Started by whatevermind, January 17, 2012, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatevermind

This isn't so much a missing file as trying to identify a file I already have.  As you might have guessed, the file is Track.dat, which contains 4 rail textures that are also located in BSC Textures v3.  It was created in May 2008.

What I can't figure out is:
- Who created it/what BAT or mod it belongs to
- Whether or not it was absorbed into BSC Textures v3, since that file is from October 2008, and thus newer - it's not immediately obvious to my eyes if there's any difference between the textures in this file and those in the BSC pack.

I'm guessing it came with some mod, and got orphaned along the way.  Based on the date I installed the file, it may be related to the AC Functional Airports or one of their dependencies, though that's just a wild guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

JoeST

Are the TGI's different between the BSC Textures v3 and this Track.dat? if not then they are the same and you should be able to delete Track.dat
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

whatevermind

Yes, the TGIs are the same.  Still no idea where the file came from.  I also found the cleanitol for BSC Textures v3, and sure enough, it's listed in there...along with a whole bunch of other files I had.  Mark that up to side effects of installing mega packs first, and old lots later, guess it's time to find all those old cleanitols and rerun them  ::)