• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Bridges!

Started by Ennedi, June 03, 2007, 06:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

I was surprised that there was no place to show our bridges in this section. Bridges are not only useful engineering objects (to solve traffic problems), but they are often an important element of the landscape. So I decided to open this topic.

There are some good reasons to do it:

In first, building bridges is sometimes difficult - both in RL and in SC4. It needs vision to design (see Millau viaduct, Akashi bridge), knowledge and patience to execute. Many of us can learn a lot seeing other's work.

Also, there are some new amazing bridges in the LEX. Some of them have specific limitations. Different bridges look good in different surroundings.
I would be good to see these fantastic creations working in SC4.

Today I present a bridge from one of my older cities (spring 2006). Nothing special, but I like it and it explains my intention. I don'develop this region yet, because it was my first region and my Plugins folder wasn't organized at all (and it reached 2,5 GB). So I decided to organize my plugins in a new way and I will start a new region. But I think I will make MD with some random pictures from the old one.

Cheers
Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

rooker1

WOW...Very nice bridge and incredibly high.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

flame1396

Here is my only scenic bridge I have in the game at the moment:

And here is a picture of a bridge junction island and the downtown CBD that goes with it:

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Ennedi

Thank you, Robin,  :)

flame1396, you found very interesting place for your scenic bridge, Also, there is a good piece of scenic road above it.
It would be good to see it again after some development of this area.

I like also your junction island and the peninsula. All area is very well planned.  :thumbsup:

Today I'd like to show a bridge from Blue Coast city (Aurina Bay region):

...And another one (from the same city):

New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Wonderful pictures of the bridges @ all! :thumbsup:

sEAhAwk fAn121

one of mine Oskaloosa Bridge (Meadowlark Falls Region)

based off of this bridge

(one in the back)

bat

Great picture of that bridge, sEAhAwk fAn121! :thumbsup:

flame1396

EDIT: Had posted these before... oops
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

bat

Two very nice picture of that bridges, flame1396

Gaston

Ennedi,
   On June 8th, you posted an interesting photo.    I an refering to the last one in the set.   In the upper left hand corner the road goes through the mountain.    What is the structure ovr the road on both sides of the tunnel?   It looks like some sort of glass cover over the road.   Inquiring minds want to know.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Ennedi

sEAhAwk fAn121, beautiful image!  &apls

I like its colors, it was also a very good idea to show a view of real bridge. Maybe your bridge could be a bit lower? I think it would look better than ever  :)

flame 1396, I like your pictures. But I don't know why did you put some of them twice?  ()what()

Gaston, this structure is a filtering tunnel. You can find it here http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=14995. It is transit enabled, has versions 3x1 and 2x1, but occupies only 1x1 space. It gives interesting possibilities. I used it in several cases, for example to hide transitions from one kind of road to another (see my post on "Show us Your Highways" thread - the fourth picture). I also used it in industrial objects.

Why did i cover the road? This is a recreational area of a modern city, the road is covered to prevent an environment against pollution. There are filtering installations inside  ;)

And some more bridges...

New Horizons Productions

rooker1

Spectacular pictures...........Ennedi, your last picture is perfect.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Excellent pictures of your bridges, Ennedi! Also like the last one! :thumbsup:

Filasimo

ohhhh now you made me go and do this:

enjoy!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Ennedi

Ha! Tsing Ma Bridge! It looks spectacular  :thumbsup:

Also, great start of harbour  &apls
Maybe you will show it when finishing?

The Shanghai - style highway circle (fourth picture) is my favourite  :)

BTW, I don't see the last picture Is it something with my connection or not?  Edit: Everything OK  :)
New Horizons Productions

Filasimo

ennedi try to refresh the page the pics showing fine for me  ()what()
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

flame1396

dammit....

i seriously didnt remember posting here....

:bomb:

sEAhAwk fAn121

great bridge fila  &apls saw it in your CJ and loved it ever scince  ()stsfd()

heres one of mine (again)  ::)

Main bridge in Meadowlark Falls
6 laner  :o

bat

Beautiful pictures of these wonderful bridges @ both!

Shadow Assassin

Some very nice bridges here, people. :P Good job.

Meanwhile, here's Olympia Bridge in Mordicar, Ensenada. It's an infamous bridge because it already suffers from congestion, two years after being built.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!