• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Quote from: Glavespian on January 19, 2014, 03:28:08 AM
After adding the file from memo the lag disappears for me. Although I redrew my tacks again after adding it, so that could be why some people still get lag.

For upgrading stations, is it just a case of using the lot editor to replace the texture with RRW's?

For most stations the RRW texture should appear automatically for straight rail. For custom textures such as NCD's texture packs for rail it will be the same since it has not been updated.

Unfortunately there will be a bit of lag time before any RRW specific textures are created since the original modders made the the textures specific to maxis rail. There is a slight gauge change and alignment to reflect RL in the RRW. I plan to contact NCD and offer my BSC range to create specific textures and catenaries since I myself am a perfectionist and want to offer as much support as possible to the RRW since the Maxis rail has a curtailed future as far as the NAM is concerned.

-eggman121   

droric

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 19, 2014, 03:14:28 AM
Strange, I keep hearing this from people. I'd like it if folks who have installed this mod could report whether or not they experience any lag or pause laying down rails, either RHD or LHD.

Cheers
Willy

PS: Thanks Markus for taking care of that.

I have large delays when laying out RRW tiles.  Any time an intersection needs to be calculated there is a long delay where the game seems to just sit for a few seconds.  I also am unable to make any ortho or diag street/ave/rd STR intersections (I swear this worked without RRW maybe not diag but ortho).  Also all my DTR intersections are reverting to maxis textures.  I cleaned up my plugins folder thinking it was something from pre-release or from development stages but I still seem to have the issue.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Dethsrow

Somethings not right I have some textures not showing up not sure what the problem is.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Dethsrow on January 19, 2014, 11:52:09 AM
Somethings not right I have some textures not showing up not sure what the problem is.

Seems you have Rivit's Rail Upgrade Mod installed; uninstall it, since it and every other Rail texture mod confilcts with the RRW.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

droric

I have some extremely odd behavior.  I was building some retaining walls for a rail overpass and to my suprise the textures that were previously showing maxis textures now show the RRW textures.  Nothing else changed except me rebuilding the overpass and onslope pieces.   It seems I can get it to display the old maxis textures and the RRW textures randomly.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Dethsrow

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 19, 2014, 11:56:10 AM

Seems you have Rivit's Rail Upgrade Mod installed; uninstall it, since it and every other Rail texture mod confilcts with the RRW.

Apparently I believe I did uninstall rivit's rail mod I ran cleanitol and also searched for it in my plugins folder nothing pops up other than the readme files

Dethsrow

Nevermind I found it and uninstalled it, however does this effect why I can't get the STR diagnol crossings to appear properly

Apple Delight

Downloaded & installed the lht patch in Memo's post, but RRW under RD-2 L1 has lht paths on road and rht paths on RRW.

Tarkus

Most likely, there's no LHD path remapping in place for that particular instance.  It likely applies regardless of whether or not the RRW is installed.

-Alex

north country dude

Swordmaster/Willy: sorry, my bad.

QuoteThe fact that the tiles are model-based is relatively inconsequential on the user-end of things; they're certainly no 3D models but just flat planes.

That is probably what I read somewhere and misunderstood. There were some pics presented that showed flora very close to the track-line,... bottom of page 7, and you mention on page 8;

Quote... the reason why I put in the trees is that the attentive visitor might notice the trees are on the same tile as the rails, which also explains how this setup is possible without any new coding or textures. It's a long-standing public request to reduce waste of tiles.

It is this awesomeness that I was referring too. Most rail right-of-ways have weeds, dead branches, old rail ties, rocks and other detritus close to the track-lines, and the ability to place this type of debris closer to the track-lines can make a railroad look natural, while creating the appearance of having been there for a while.

Anyway, keep on creating more awesomeness. Judging from the comments here and elsewhere, you and your design team's work is greatly appreciated by the community and I have the feeling that it will eventually become the standard for rail transportation in SC4.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

Kuewr665

I have traffic on the left, downloaded the patch, and there are paths and no lag after placing rail.

RepublicMaster

Quote from: Dethsrow on January 19, 2014, 12:05:35 PM

Nevermind I found it and uninstalled it, however does this effect why I can't get the STR diagnol crossings to appear properly

My guess is that the pavement mod is conflicting with the level-crossing textures, try removing it.

estescc

Hello, I am having some trouble with the RRW. I have NAM 32 installed and no other mods are installed. I am seeing maxis textures or no textures at all on all my rail x road crossings. Are there any options in NAM 32 that conflict or override the RRW crossing textures?

Geometry123

Quote from: estescc on January 22, 2014, 04:26:18 PM
Hello, I am having some trouble with the RRW. I have NAM 32 installed and no other mods are installed. I am seeing maxis textures or no textures at all on all my rail x road crossings. Are there any options in NAM 32 that conflict or override the RRW crossing textures?

RRW crossings are not supported at this time.
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

estescc

Quote from: Geometry123 on January 23, 2014, 04:11:56 PM
Quote from: estescc on January 22, 2014, 04:26:18 PM

RRW crossings are not supported at this time.

Ah OK. They look great in the photos on this thread. Can't wait for the next update. :thumbsup:

Swamper77

While I realize the RRW is still in progress, could you guys please make sure that the pathfiles for the switches are set correctly. I found myself unable to switch tracks at junctions in UDI with the current iteration of RRW.

Also, are more features planned for the STR? A friend of mine likes to use STR for the main railways in rural and lesser populated areas and was rather unhappy with how limited the STR is in comparison to the DTR.

Thanks.
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

trabman11

Quote from: Swamper77 on January 26, 2014, 10:34:45 PM
While I realize the RRW is still in progress, could you guys please make sure that the pathfiles for the switches are set correctly. I found myself unable to switch tracks at junctions in UDI with the current iteration of RRW.

Also, are more features planned for the STR? A friend of mine likes to use STR for the main railways in rural and lesser populated areas and was rather unhappy with how limited the STR is in comparison to the DTR.

Thanks.

Yes I also have that problem. I also posted a comment on this, and found out that it's just a pathing issue, so you can still switch tracks  :), but you don't know what track you will be switching to  ()sad().
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

FlyHigh

Heya Kids  :)
I'm not really sure if I should post this here or at the NAM thread but, since this is mainly a texture thing, I thought of doing it here.

I noticed that the ground rail to overhead pp (straight) was not textured yet but the same piece for diagonal was updated already. Thought it weird...

Also in the diagonal piece, a bit of the old texture is either protruding or reverting back. Could it be because of the slope and the implementation of the RRW texture?

Can anyone confirm it's not only me or that it's in your 'to-do list', Willy?

PS: Also that are some rail conflicting mods that should be included in the cleanitol, in the next iteration of the NAM. I had to 'search and destroy' two of them by hand. It'd have been a pretty laborious job if my plug-ins folder was a mess.
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

rosto

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered - but I've gone through the entire thread and am pretty sure I didn't find it.

Anyway, while I very much love the new textures and have converted most of my networks happily, I'm having issues with the rail dirt next to occupied tiles. I have tried both the PEG and swamper no dirt mods, but no luck. Someone here mentioned Rivit's mod, which I had just uninstalled due to the conflicts, but I reinstalled just the wealthification options and still there's dirt squares about.

Is there something I'm doing wrong perhaps? If there is not an existing mod, but there is a way to mod this myself, I would be willing to do so as well.

Also, as noted in another post, I'm still having old textures on the ground to elevated viaduct puzzle piece, but the others are correctly textured.

metarvo

I notice I can't build double diagonal DTR RRW, like I could with Maxis rail.  Is this feature not supported, or is it something I'm doing wrong?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.