• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on August 27, 2014, 08:02:58 PM
I'm gonna throw things off, but what's a puzzle piece?

(Also testing my new tablet.) :P

Lol, I can see a lot of new NAM users saying that in a couple of years when puzzle pieces are completely dead.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Swordmaster

Gonna tease some more. . .

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

I am glad to see the development of RRW continuing.

Just hope that one day full catenaries set will be released with rail textures pack  ::)

Edit: just see the last upadate of Willy, looks interesting even if the cross texture is not at my taste
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

This is like looking at one of Escher's drawing, you don't know which way is up or down, or anything.

More seriously, nice work. Though I agree with Antoine about the crossing texture. It feels too much of a rupture with the wonderful rail texture.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Thanks guys. In line with the roads, highways, and most everything else default in the NAM, they're North American textures, more specifically based on Oregon. But as always, the texturing is less than 1/4 of the work here. It's what's under the hood ;)

Cheers
Willy

APSMS

My only objection to the crossing would be that I was under the impression that North American at-grade rails have combined concrete (whatchamacallits) so that drivers don't have two small bumps but one large one. It looks weird to have them separated like that.

But that compactness! and the draggability! I wonder how the dragging pattern is for these rails (different from their RAM configuration, I assume).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Jack_wilds

Indiana Joe

Nah, they don't always turn it into one concrete deck.  In fact I can think of some specific places nearby where I always am annoyed by having to go over two bumps.

And the fact that everything you're looking at will be draggable is even more remarkable than it looks.  Willy, you're tearing apart the game's grid.

Simcoug

Gugu3

Haven't been active for a while and I'm catching up now with all these amazing progresses...Willy was that a sort of FAR2 and FAR3 draggable stuff??

Swordmaster

Quote from: Gugu3 on August 31, 2014, 05:33:36 AM
Haven't been active for a while and I'm catching up now with all these amazing progresses...Willy was that a sort of FAR2 and FAR3 draggable stuff??

We have a winner! Finally someone mentioning FA2 ;)

Cheers
Willy

Terring7

Fantastic work Willy. I can't wait to play with them ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Simcoug

&apls

So awesome Willy!

Will the draggable FAR work for STR as well?

Bipin

Excellent work with the FA2, that's "FAntastic"...  :D :-[

Wiimeiser

The Y-Splitter doesn't have paths. In addition, while I cannot confirm this 100% having one in my city causes the game to lag when dragging or demolishing rail.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Gugu3

Quote from: Swordmaster on August 31, 2014, 06:06:51 AM
Quote from: Gugu3 on August 31, 2014, 05:33:36 AM

We have a winner! Finally someone mentioning FA2 ;)

Cheers
Willy

Have I won something??? :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

c.p.

Awesome :thumbsup:
One mind-boggling thing I see here is the ortho-to-FA2 and ortho-to-diagonal overlap onto the same tile.  Will it really be possible to drag these curves so close together? ()what()

Swordmaster

Quote from: Simcoug on August 31, 2014, 06:57:32 AM
&apls

So awesome Willy!

Will the draggable FAR work for STR as well?

It's planned. Don't pin me down on a time scale, though.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 01, 2014, 06:38:31 AM
The Y-Splitter doesn't have paths. In addition, while I cannot confirm this 100% having one in my city causes the game to lag when dragging or demolishing rail.

The LHD issues with the current RRW version are known, and will be tackled next release.

Quote from: Gugu3 on September 01, 2014, 09:18:40 AM
Have I won something??? :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, access to 1 secret picture. :party:

Quote from: c.p. on September 01, 2014, 10:29:04 AM
Awesome :thumbsup:
One mind-boggling thing I see here is the ortho-to-FA2 and ortho-to-diagonal overlap onto the same tile.  Will it really be possible to drag these curves so close together? ()what()

Absolutely! Overhanging models, my friend ;)

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Amazing work Willy  &apls &apls  And quite the surprise pic too  :o

Simcoug

FARR-Diag crossings... sweet!   %BUd%
Will FAR be able to cross FARR? 
All of these fractional angle possibilities... the grid is on the ropes  :D