• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Beautiful work on the viaduct  &apls  Is that a conventional bridge or one made with DBE?

Swordmaster

DBE! Some weird guy requested it, a while ago ;D

I'm approaching the end of OxO overpasses. . . Good thing, since I'm also approaching the end of my IID range :D

There's a few funky ones remaining. . .

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

Simcoug

fantastic!  Your fingers must be melting the keyboard typing all that code  :D
Will you be able to 'recycle' some of this work to create the L1 overpasses, or does that require starting again from scratch? 
(says the completely clueless dude when it comes to transit modding)  %confuso

Simmer2

This keeps getting better by the day, hour, minute...... &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Nice crossings  &apls  Thanks a ton for that viaduct work, besides the specific area in my city sorely needing it now it will make possible some amazing, sloped viaducts crossing the countryside but not following the terrain elevation below them. Building those kinds of rails with winding curves at ground level and tunnels regularly was 90% of why I picked the region I'm using now :D

Swordmaster

Thanks all. Here's some more supported setups:

Quote from: Simcoug on February 22, 2016, 05:21:11 AMfantastic!  Your fingers must be melting the keyboard typing all that code  :D
Will you be able to 'recycle' some of this work to create the L1 overpasses, or does that require starting again from scratch? 
(says the completely clueless dude when it comes to transit modding)  %confuso

Actually, 70% of the work involved is the S3D editing (which means melting the mouse). Coding is relatively easy and involves mostly copy-paste & replace actions (there's a logical IID scheme behind it).

The way the override code works is pretty straightforward (even I understand it :D). It roughly works like "Tile A + Tile B becomes Tile A + Tile C".

For instance, this is the basic SAM2 part:

0x5d740000,1,0,0x5e54b200,0,0=0x5d740000,1,0,0x5d773a00,1,0
0x5d740000,1,0,0x5e511200,0,0=0x5d740000,1,0,0x5d773a00,1,0
0x5d773a00,1,0,0x5d540000,1,0=0x5d773a00,1,0,0x5d740000,1,0
0x5d773a00,1,0,0x5d540200,1,0=0x5d773a00,1,0,0x5d740000,1,0
0x5d773a00,1,0,0x5d540200,3,0=0x5d773a00,1,0,0x5d740000,3,0

Visualized with memo's RulViewer:

The other rotations need to be covered as well, so the eventual code here is 16 lines instead of 5. Then there's the other adjacencies, but I'm not going crazy with those. All in all, the OxO overpass code is around 2,000 lines. That excludes the code required to make networks like the SAM continue as SAM next to the overpass, but that's an even easier part.

For the L1 network, the percentage will shift to 99% model editing, since most of the coding would involve replacing "0x5d7" with "0x5d6". All the "0x5d6" models still need to be made, though. The course of action I'm contemplating will be to release all the OxO overpasses first for both L2 and L1. Overpasses involving diagonals will probably follow in a later release.

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

Bipin

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

dyoungyn

WOW, absolutely WOW ;D  If this is possible that could it be possible to make a neighbor connection like with Maxis Elevated Rails.  I know there is work around, but to me it is just not the same as a traditional connection.  Finally, what about a connection piece from Rail Viaduct to Maxis Elevated Rail?

Gugu3

Swordmaster

Thank you folks :thumbsup:

Did I mention funky overpasses?

Thanks once again to Arne for helping on the modeling side.

Cheers
Willy

art128

This is really cool. Hope it'll be compatible with the different overpass mods. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JoeST

this is just getting ludicrously awesome... thank you so much for persevering with this and also for sharing your progress and showing these awesome images.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Simcoug

_Michael

Swordmaster

Sorry dyoungyn, forgot to reply to you (not the first time I think :D)

Quote from: dyoungyn on February 22, 2016, 02:28:30 PMWOW, absolutely WOW ;D  If this is possible that could it be possible to make a neighbor connection like with Maxis Elevated Rails.  I know there is work around, but to me it is just not the same as a traditional connection.  Finally, what about a connection piece from Rail Viaduct to Maxis Elevated Rail?

Neighbor connections work fine with ERRW as is. No need for any workaround pieces or tricks.

Quote from: art128 on February 23, 2016, 09:36:06 AMThis is really cool. Hope it'll be compatible with the different overpass mods. :)

Which overpass mods exactly? If you mean the alternative viaduct textures, they're compatible (as I've shown so far). If you mean anything else, I'm afraid. . .

michae95l, welcome to the forum!

Cheers
Willy

art128

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 23, 2016, 11:16:38 AM

If you mean anything else, I'm afraid. . .

I meant this one: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=818 I don't know how the mechanics of everything works, if it'll be automatic or anything so I asked. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog