• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

WoW David that is looking real great and Matt wonderful job on getting the irragation done on that as well... Cant wait to get ahold of this... A biiiig Congrats to Kitsune for hitting the 2500 post count... David aint that like a little less then 2 wks ago i hit the 2400 mark wow.... talk about activity...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

van1357

Hi David, everything is looking amazing here at 3RR. I haven't posted in ages, but I have regularly checked in to see your wonderful work. The crop circles are coming along nicely (we have a few of those down the road), and the smooth curve roads, among other things, look great. I hope to spend more time here in the coming weeks, so keep up the beautiful work.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
Albert Einstein

mightygoose

i notice you are getting optical interference at zooms 1,2,3 although it is not as noticeable with textures as it was with a model. i also believe the brown is helping to minimise the affect, green may be more marked. even so i think these are a great contribution...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

More signs...

Yes, we have had ice fog in 3RR yesterday and today.  It's a hazard this time of year.

The roads get pretty treacherous, but if you can get outside, things are pretty easy on the eyes.

Beauty can be found in the smallest detail.

The sun on the tallest trees reassures that there'll be warmer days to come.

Some of you may recall that the 3RR's tourism slogan is, "True North!"

...it's been on the license plates, after all, for years...

There's now another contender, though, that plays to one of the region's strengths.

Looks like we'll be hearing more about this.

Speaking of country...

...comin' along, comin' along...

Later.

David

n.b.: We're below 500 page views behind 3RR-ST and closing on 400.  What odds would anyone put on both hitting 50,000 at the same time?-DE

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

allan_kuan1992

those fields are simply stunning... =O

Amazing work as always! =)

EDIT: I wish I could stake a claim to Des Plaines, but I don't think my laptop will handle SimCity 4 very well, especially since it is Windows Vista Home Premium. Feeling like if I should downgrade or dual install or something... >.<

- Allan Kuan

EDITAllan: I also use WVHP on my lugtop, which is a middling good HP Pavilion.  While I'm no MS fan [linkie], I've never had any issue involving either slowness or instability while SC4 is running, and I frequently am doing that while running other resource-intensive programs like Paint Shop Pro.  Des Plaines is yours for the asking, my friend. -DE

Pat

David that is something else, but also very pretty to see is the Ice Fog... Unlike here cause of fog we had a 50 or 30 car pile up on I90/I94 @ the Badger Loop and it claimed 2 people so far.... Anywho those crops are looking real good!!!

960 more views to go before 50,000

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Love the circular farms feilds, this will be a great and unique addition to the game.
And the RL pics are quite beautiful.  I wish I had more time to take pictures.  I need to find a way to add a few more hours to my day.  ;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bakerton

Pat, that crash was at 100 cars and trucks with 2 dead as of 10PM on I-90 jost south of Badger Interchange within minutes in both directions.(WISN TV 12 News in Milwaukee) Back on topic: David, those circles look wickedly great. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

bat

One great new pictures of that field there, David!

(less than 1 000 views left to 50 000)

btw, my 3799th post...

jestarr

Those are some serious farm fields! :D  You'd need a large map to use them effectively.  Nice work! :thumbsup:

meinhosen

It took me about 45 minutes to download those pictures here in the Dustbowl... and it was worth every minute of the wait.  I'm not sure how you did those circular fields, but needless to say I'm very impressed.  The sunset picture was amazing, by the way.

Nice work, as always, David.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

dedgren

The morning commute north to Pineshore this time of year on F-37.

Cold, dark, icy and slow.  Summer's a long way off.

We're under 400 page views separating us here from 3RR-ST as we approach 50,000.  The bearings in the odometer are smoking!

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jestarr

Ahhh...shades of L.A. :D  When I came outside F-37 didn't exist, so thankfully I missed all that.

TopCliff

Very dark. Darker than midnight here last night. What time was that taken in the morning? That's just, wow . . .

EDITIt's an odd coincidence, my friend, but that's just about how the commute into Anchorage would have looked at about ten 'til eight Alaska time (GMT -9) this morning. -DE
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Giligone

Great work on those center-pivot irrigation lots. Thats some top notch work right there.  :thumbsup:

EDITHey, thanks, my friend- I note though that all I did was draw a whole bunch of circles.  It's Matt's (threestooges) CPI prop that really makes the lots get up and dance.  We're (he's) working on some other "furniture," too- windmills are way up there on the list. -DE

BigSlark

I'm tryin' to drive 3RR closer to 50,000 views!

Great farms, by the way. I'm really, really, really impressed with these.

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

Cold, dark, ice fog...3RR sounds like heaven to me! It's around 50 degrees here in eastern PA right now, or as the weather channels are calling it--"unseasonably warm." I long for a blizzard...

The farms are looking fantastic, I'll be looking forward to seeing more progress!

Dustin

rushman5

Looks very cold and damp.  Good to see some positive development!  900 views left!

Kitsune

dedgren, that morning comute reminds me of mine this morning - my first 8am class in a year and I leave at 7am and its still pitch black outside. By the time I got out of the subway it was dull but bright outside.  What time does the sun come up at this time of year where you are? Just how close are you to the 24 hour summer sunlight days?
~ NAM Team Member

calibanX

I know how you feel regarding that commute David. I live in Minnesnowta. I find the drive is not quite as bad as getting into that frozen car first thing in the morning. Two words... heated seats!

I love those circular farm fields. Can't wait to play with them in my rural areas.

Adios for now. Be safe!

Where City and Country Flow Together