• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wiki Ticket Center

Started by ChiefZDN, February 23, 2018, 03:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefZDN

Hello,

As the wiki cannot be changed easily by general users, I am opened a topic containing wiki tickets: request new pages, request page updates and more. A ticket should contain the action with pages to be added/moderated and a reason to do that action. You don't need to follow strict format, just make a ticket that contains those. You can see my topic for guidance.

If want to send a suggestion or a critic, it is fine to do but you should make a separate topic for that to separate the discussion in order to not disturbing other tickets processing.

If wanted a support about the wiki, unfortunately it's not place for it. Please create a topic in where the post is posted in for it.

Why I created this post is a lot of wiki tickets will be created in the future. This will disturb non-wiki tickets processing in the SC4 Bugs and Suggestion topic. But, why I don't create the support part because there are few wiki editors now, so support tickets still can be answered by the staff.

Thanks.

Note for staff: if you want to pin this topic, it's fine.

mgb204

Just because I made one edit the other day, does not mean the Wiki is updated upon demand.

It used to be that editing rights existed to the general public, but after some problems way back, it was decided to limit it to only proven, responsible users. There are few of us who still update it and whilst it's still a fantastic resource in some areas, of course it would benefit from some work.

But a ticket system we do not need, that's a little too business like and demanding in my opinion. If someone has a suggestion, feel free to make a post. But when you say "ticket", that gives the impression users can expect such requests to be actioned. That's pretty far from the reality of how this works, since those doing the editing are busy people with other priorities. It would be quite inappropriate to burden such members with a system like this.