• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Private Topics Forum?

Started by Zaphod, February 21, 2007, 01:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphod

would it be possible to add a private topics forum similiar to that on simtropolis?

Basically it would be each user's own little forum and they could control who had access to different threads in it.

For the last few months I've been using mine over there every day to do things like work on my cj. That way I can get everything layed out and just copy and paste my update into the reply box. I also use for word processing stuff that I need to use two computers to do. Once when my printer ran out of ink, I pasted a political science essay in there and went to another computer to print it ;D
War Kittens !?

freedo50

I can't beleive this topic has been completely gnored for so long  ()what(). Anyway, no Zaphod, I don't think it possible to do that using SMF, without a major modification of the forum software, which is not going to happen, at least not in the foreseeable future. Sorry to dissapoint you, but the forums software at ST is very much more advanced than SMF and costs thousands of dollars if I remember correctly. If you want to donate several thousand dollars, Im sure jeornij will look into it  :D.

Fred

Zaphod

thanks, i was just wondering

War Kittens !?