• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Nope, so I can be the 400th  ;D Don't tell me, you were planning to have it for you $%Grinno$%

pvarcoe

Well I'm quite happy to take number 400. Congrats and well deserved!

RATS........... (not quick enough)

I am really enjoying your tutorial.
I have wanted to get into the LE,
and this may be just what I needed.

Thanks.

dedgren

The Table of Contents is now located in its permanent home here [linkie].  Enjoy your visit to 3RR!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

M4346

Well I'll be more than happy to take no. 403. :P

The Tutorial is looking good David, I'll check back periodically to see it in all its typical "dedgren deliciousness." :P

:thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

petercintn

404 - sound like a train #, "All aboard the 404!"

Do not take off a week to do RL, there's way too much to catch up with here.

Quote from: dedgren on January 28, 2007, 03:35:29 PM

Let me start here first.  I was granted admin privileges by the management...

David[/size][/font]

Congrats, glad I did all my sucking up before I knew you knew I knew ;D this was happening.  Now you think I really like you! $%Grinno$%  You do know I'm kidding, don't you?  But not about the congrats.

Quote from: dedgren on February 02, 2007, 12:40:01 PM

Named a mean Chow I used to have after him.  Mongo wouldn't let people out of their cars when they came to visit until I came out.  I loved that dog.

Now on to the work.  Or play, however you view it David, it's surperb. 

Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

thundercrack83

400 replies already! Congratulations! Looking forward to more of the Ploppable Tree Tutorial!

dedgren

Well, our friend Silvio (Rayden - Shosaloza) made comment number 400, and we all know what that means...

Whoops, wrong pic!

...sorry, my friend- we'll get you out of there in a minute...

No, actually, it's

Here's what that points at.

Rayden Mountain is located here

in the southwest quad of Pink Township.

'Grats, my friend, and we're off heading to number 500.

David

n.b.:  Thanks so much for checking out 3RR- don't miss the ongoing tutorial on creating seasonal tree lots which you will find here [linkie].  I will be finishing Part One up today, and continuing the rest over the weekend.  Have a good one!  DE

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Rayden

My quad, 29 it's my quad "$Deal"$ Thanks David, that will be my McKinley's Mountain, 4 times smaller, but it's mine $%#Ninj2

Btw, I did you know I love "Crime of the Century"?  %confuso

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Rayden for being the 400th post! Your mountain looks great!

And congratulations again to you, David, for all the support you've gotten for your work. Here's to 400 more!

Rayden

Looking again at my mountain, it brought to my memory a movie from about 5 years ago about this mountain called "Bull Mountain". The movie is called Out Cold [linkie] and despite it didn't won an Oscar, it's still a very nice and comic movie, worth watching. For people like me and Alek, that love mountains and snowboarding, that is a nice choice to have a good laugh and see a few nice snowboard moves, and some hot chicks as well $%Grinno$%
I looked through my hard drives and found it last night. I watched it right away ;)

Thornton

All right I finally caught up on all this 3RR reading #stsfd·
Great work dedgren for continuing to keep my eyes filled with candy, they have quite a sweet pupil ;)
Anyway, that tutorial was very informative and I just love the pics from your home.

Three Rivers Region Rules!!

Tarkus

David, thanks for the tutorial on seasonal trees.  Even though you're still adding to it, it already contains a lot of great information, certainly a lot more than I knew.  It's given me a reason to mess around with seasonal trees some more.  Maybe one of these days, when I get half as good at building cities and regions as you, I might (notice the  italics ;)) attempt an MD . . . I may have to go out and buy myself a copy of Crime of the Century for my CD collection here soon as well. :D 

And Silvio, congratulations on your new mountain and the 400th post! 

-Tarkus (Alex)

Antoine

Your region look good. I like the mountains  :thumbsup:

Bishop Hawke

I am really amazed at all of the indepth details you have placed into these regions. Some of them I am trying to incorpreate into my own areas. I am still working on getting my pluggin folder orginized so that the game will run smoother and the play is more enjoyable. I am working on a coastline with a high cliff area that cuts back into a hidden cove.Going to make a aireal tram way that will cross high above the entrance of the cove with a small fishing village inside in the logoon waters.  When I am able to get some pics taken I will post them to get some feed back from David and all you other great SC4'ers.  Thanks for the many great ideas you have passed along.

Bishophawke

dedgren

Part One of the Creating Seasonal Tree Ploppable Lots tutorial is complete and up, and can be found here [linkie].  I'd be pleased to have you take a look.

Part Two is in the pipeline, and will follow later this weekend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

M4346

Quote from: dedgren on February 06, 2007, 10:37:41 AM
   SFBT cycledogg Random Seasonal Woods.  The last variety of ploppable seasonal tree lots provides us with the springboard for the rest of this tutorial.  These lots, uploaded by Andreas Roth (thanks, Andreas!), incorporate cycledogg's great seasonal tree props and some (quite a few, actually, as we will see) rocks.  They are currently on the STEX here [linkie].  Here's a shot of how they appear on the submenu and in the game.

Great tutorial David, now that's it's all finished!  &apls I'm definitely looking forward to part too and will check back here periodically.  :thumbsup:

Now, just a question if you don't mind...

But where's that [linkie] up there?  $%Grinno$%

EDIT: If you did want to add it, it's here -> Click!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Well, Marius (M4346 - The Imperial Republic of Elytheria), you caught me there...

I missed that linkie bigger'n Butch.

You know what this means, my friend-

...drum roll, please...

Welcome to membership in the 3RR Fact Checkers!

As a person who has duly qualified himself by going above and beyond the call to keep 3RR free of errors and omissions, you have now been permanently memorialized in the naming of

a small town in the northeast quad of the Township of Dutchman.

It's a pleasure to see you on the map!  Thanks.

David

n.b.:  To all our readers- If you've not yet seen Part One of the Creating Seasonal Tree Ploppable Lots tutorial [linkie],  I'd be pleased to have you take a look.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Grneyes

David,

The tutorial is great! Having grown up in northern Illinois and vacationed in Wisconsin and the UP, I know all about rocks in the woods. Your tutorial brought back memories! Sometime soon I will have to take all this knowledge and play the game....between work and school, that is.

MaryBeth

thundercrack83

Just scoured through the first part of the ploppable trees tutorial and I'm already on the edge of my seat for the next two parts! I'm eager to try this because I have absolutely no knowledge or experience with the Lot Editor or anything, and your explanations make it seem very easy. Hopefully I can use this as a chance to become more adept at using these tools! Anyway, great job and I'll be waiting for parts two and three!

Also, congratulations to M4346 for making it onto the map with Marius Corners! Welcome to the club, my friend!

Take care,

Dustin

Gaston

Outstanding M !    Marius Corners will be a very kool place I am sure.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09