• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes.janson

Welcome back David. Your presence in the community over the last few months has been dearly missed. Even if you are a Blackhawks fan  :D

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Glazert

Goodness, David, you're taking up impressionist landscaping.

metarvo

It's been a long time, but it's good to see you back in 3RR.  The seasonal work is really shaping up nicely.  Keep up the good work, David!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

Good to hear from you again David, and as usual, looking forward to what you've been working on. From the sound of it, it's either seasonal plop water, or you've nailed down a game water transition. Looking forward to it and what stories you have. On my part, the bar's done so I'll have some time to enjoy them, pending a job. Hope all is well.
-Matt

mayorfabz

Welcome back, Mister. Good to read from you. I wish you all the best and to your family.
Fabien

pvarcoe

Heya David

I'm interested to see what your upto with creeks.
I'm always looking for better solutions for water in the wild.

dragonshardz

David-

Good to see you back, mate. Looking forward to the public unveiling of your latest mad scientist breakthrough. As threestooges said, it looks like it's either seasonal plop water or a game water transition. The latter seems as likely as the first, though what use seasonal plop water could have is beyond me.

Anyway.

Looking forward to it.

~~dragonshardz~~

Ryan B.

I wonder what you've got to surprise us with this time, David!

dedgren

I like to look for 3RR inspiration at the edges of maps...

...so Heather and I packed up the camper and went for a drive to the top of the world.

It's about as close to the top of the map as you can get without falling off.  Even the spelling is different up here- place names are odd as well.

The Yukon River hearkens back to the days when only the toughest could survive in these parts.

You'd be tough, too, if you had these to contend with.  Thankfully, it's high fall here and freezing temps at night have sent the 'skeeters to bug heaven.

Dawson City was the heart of the Klondike Mining District, and remains amazingly vibrant today for all its incredible isolation.

Inspiration recharged, we headed back to civilization, which in Canada is always accompanied by fulfillment.

It's been a very long summer, but that is drawing to a close.  I'm looking forward to an active fall here of renewing old friendships and forming new ones.  There's lots of things I've worked at while I've been elsewhere, and we will- I promise- be looking at that in the weeks ahead.

Thanks as always for stopping by.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

cubby420

Wow, stunning pictures David! If I may however...what in god's name are Timbits and how many can you eat before keeling over from a massive heart attack?  $%Grinno$% They look decadent in the best possible way. Can't wait to see what new developments you've dreamed up next.

EDIT: Here's a Timbits [linkie], my friend.  They are probably only slightly better for you than that 3RR favorite: poutine [another linkie]. -DE

Battlecat

Mmmmm, Timbits!  :)

Looks like you had a great trip, thanks for sharing some photos!  That's a beautiful landscape you're travelling through. 

Glazert

Well, I had never heard of Timbits. I was relieved to discover that they were not bits of Tim, but bite-sized doughnut balls. I am sure they will fulfil n outpouring of creativity from you.

threestooges

Mmm, jelly-filled doughnut balls. Good to see you back David. The Yukon seems like a beautiful area to explore if the pictures are any indication. So, by being in Poker Creek, you effectively doubled the population? I'd love to hear the story behind Chicken's name, but I suppose there will be more stories in time. Until then, glad you two had a good time.
-Matt

canyonjumper

Ah, Tim Hortons, the establishment every Canadians should know and love :P Of course, my favourite Timbit is chocolate ;D Nice to know you'll be back soon David, I know that I, and probably many others, are looking forward to whatever you have in store.

Your friend,
                             Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

mayorfabz

There is a Tim Horton's just below my office. I usually grab a coffee there every morning around 10.30, although I try to stay clear of Timbits for fear of ruining my health.
Hard to resist an old style apple doughnut though...
Nice to see you in travelling mood and in form, David. I shall await this promising fall with impatience!
Fabien

BigSlark

David,

I'm glad to see that you're back, your photography is beautiful as always.

Is it odd that I'm amused that Tim Horton's is so ubiquitous in Canada that even Dawson City has an outlet?

I'm looking forward to what your imagination leads to you to create in the near future.

Peace,
Kevin

dedgren

Been a while since we've seen one of these, eh?

...and can you tell I've been through Canada recently, eh?

It's been too long a wait for the V.2 release of the RAM.  Let's see what we can do to fix that.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Toichus Maximus

metarvo

For a while there, it seemed like you really had fallen off the edge of a map, but it's good to see that you've returned, David.  It looks like you've been hard at work on something that will make some people happy.  :)

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

@dedgren: Cool rail road switch, bro!

(however, while there actually is a story here, I don't want to be cited on that route)