• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Grandentory Democracy of Freedonia

Started by Albus of Garaway, July 30, 2008, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albus of Garaway

.:The Grandentory Democracy of Freedonia:.

An MD by AoG

Dear Readers,

Thank you very, very much for choosing to come to Freedonia. I am more than pleased to welcome you.

I try to make my cities as aesthetically pleasing as possible, but I never sacrifice beauty for realism. My cities always have a European flair, with a slight touch of American style (mostly in transport layouts). I never use the grid system...not even a little bit. All my cities have winding roads running through downtown, and curving streets.

You should also know that I am building the region as I go. This includes terraforming. Hence, the map is my own. I prefer to make maps the 'classic' way: in-game.

I'm building this MD as much for me as the readers. Remember, it's your journey. I'm just along for the ride.

Yours truly,
AoG

Freedonian Gazetteer

Table of Contents

A teaser to tide you over:

Update 1 to come July 30

rooker1

Interesting start, I wait for the next update.  ;)
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Simpson

Great pic
I'm waiting too for the next update  $%Grinno$%
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Albus of Garaway

Geography Part A: An Overview

Freedonia is located in the middle of the Atlantic, southwest of Iceland and parallel with Ireland. The medium-sized island nation is closest in distance to Greenland, but far more populated.

A simple map of Freedonia.

The classification of what continent Freedonia is on has been a topic of heated controversy for the past 150 years. Finally, in 1989, Freedonia was officially classified as a European country. This decision was mostly based on the nation's very European flair, considering it's impossible to determine geographically.

Agrementory Party member Delano Bernstein argues that Freedonia should really be in North America, because of its proximity to Greenland.

Freedonia is an island, hence it has no immediate political neighbors. It is completely surrounded by the Northern Atlantic Ocean, making fishing a main part of its economy.

Lakes in Freedonia include Seramont Lake; Tenera Lake; and the largest of all, Excelsior Lake. There are hundreds of smaller lakes, including tens of thousands of ponds.

An inlet of Excelsior Lake. The lake itself is actually much bigger than the picture suggests.

The two most important rivers are the River Excelsior and the River Sambillenium. The rivers are often referred to as "The flames that light the candle of Freedonia". They provide power, water, food, transportation, etc. to hundreds of thousands of people. There are also many smaller rivers running from the Plaq mountain range from melted snow and glaciers.

The most crucial mountains in Freedonia are the Plaqs. The Plaq range were created thousands of years ago when Freedonia Neh and Freedonia Po collided with each other (you will learn more about this in part B). They stop the warmer air currents from the south, making them stall in Southern Freedonia, yet making it very chilly in Northern Freedonia.

Mount Wholeshire base camp, Plaq Mountains.

Remember, Geography Part B: A Geological History, will give you even more insight into Freedonian Geography.

Replies

rooker1,

Well, here it is. I thought I should give it quickly before people loose interest.

Simpson,

It took all day, but I've got it all ready just for you. I thought I should probably give it quickly before people loose interest.

Next update hopefully in a day or two. :)

AoG

Fatsuhono

Simpson

Oh really good pics I love it
The pic with snow is superb and realistic good job
:thumbsup:

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Great start there of this MD!
And the pictures are looking really nice!

Looking forward to more...