• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New heavy elevated rail viaducts

Started by ArkenbergeJoe, October 29, 2007, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The railway viaducts are to have which texture?

grey natural rocks texture
45 (77.6%)
yellow brick texture
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: November 12, 2007, 09:05:48 AM

ArkenbergeJoe

HAPPY XMAS

Here is the Red-Viadukt-Texture as BETA-Variante

See your in Simforum.de

Palpatine001

Well I can say the Elevated Rail Viaducts are just what the doctor orderd, no more traffic snarl ups at busy level crossings.

Thanks to the team who made this possible indeed  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is an example of the work being used, thought I might showcase an example to the team so they can see the fruits of their labour paying off.

Again well done
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

RebaLynnTS

Now, just make the EHR draggable like the GLR, and we are off to the races.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Andreas

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on January 06, 2008, 03:23:07 PM
Now, just make the EHR draggable like the GLR, and we are off to the races.

Don't worry, we planned that already; it just needs time. :)
Andreas

dragonshardz

Quote from: Palpatine001 on January 06, 2008, 02:47:43 PM
...traffic snarl ups at busy level crossings...

Level crossings? BAH, humbug!

Palpatine001

Quote from: dragonshardz on January 07, 2008, 03:25:41 PM
Level crossings? BAH, humbug!

Bah Humbug? Alrighty then Ill leave you to Bah Humbugging while I raise another 50km of Rail

And yes dragable Heavy Rail Viaduct with matching ground junk depending on wealth would be even a finer edition...  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

dragonshardz

what i meant was that I will never use a level crossing again, ie, default RR crossing.

Unless, of course, it is on a rural lightly trafficked street.

Kitsune

Another option that uses the girder pieces to form the network instead would be nice, as the stone gives it a older field - but the girder pieces give it a more modern feel.
~ NAM Team Member

RebaLynnTS

I'll bet that one day, they will do something like the SAM with a lot of the networks. We'll be able to have lots of version of each of them. :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

DFire870

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on January 22, 2008, 01:43:46 PM
I'll bet that one day, they will do something like the SAM with a lot of the networks. We'll be able to have lots of version of each of them. :)

Actually, they are planning on doing a RAM (Rail Add-on Mod), but that's a long way off (or so I heard).

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

kassarc16

What exactly is that rumored to include? Single tracks? Multi-tile crossings that actually stop cars from crossing if a train passing on any of the tiles? That's what I'd like to see.

mightygoose

well ive seen pictures of three track elevated rail....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Shadow Assassin

The RAM will, to my knowledge, probably include single-track rail, elevated rail [it's currently puzzle pieces, but all the needed models are already done so it shouldn't be a problem], and of course, multi-track rail that may be done RHW-style. Heh.

We'd probably see R-1, R-3, R-2 left and right, R-4, and so on :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

figui

single track-rail.. that'd be great!
(from the nearly 3000 km of the net in uruguay, only 18 km are double line  %wrd)

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Tolsome

Where can I see the working on the Railroad Addon Mod?

Andreas

Quote from: Tolsome on January 26, 2008, 03:30:04 AM
Where can I see the working on the Railroad Addon Mod?

The work hasn't started so far, except some planning maybe. ;)
Andreas

ArkenbergeJoe

Hello

Here is a new graphic-mod from the viaduct-rail.
The Puzzles have a footpaths for the Sims.

The diagonal Ruzzle have a footpaths only by urban area (except onewayroad)

Kitsune

Hey joe, the girder pieces over the road are very nice. Any chance of extending those pieces into a full out network so people can have something more industrial looking instead of the arches?
~ NAM Team Member

ArkenbergeJoe

The light-rail have but the industrial look....  ;)

nerdly_dood

Now what I'd like to see is an elevated heavy rail passenger station and a freight station.  Or, more preferably, a variety of them.  I don't like having a long stretch of elevated heavy rail in a dense CBD where I don't want to bulldoze roads crossing under the railway to make way for an elevated/ground transition so I can build a station. Of course I could use Smoncrie's hole digging lots, specifically the ground lifter, to raise the station, but that would involve doing things with the terrain that I don't like to in CBDs and it would be difficult to get a road up to the station in a CBD setting.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!