• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... Ghetto's

Started by NikNik, December 22, 2006, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikNik

Those poor R$ are stuck by some of us in horrible ghetto's (aren't we great). So let's show us those poorer area's where we do not want to go after dark.

On the outskirts of my city rises the ghetto:

A closer look at the highrises:

from a different angle:

And another one:

Hey! Who made that short cut! Nasty sandpath:

This alley has had some "incidents"

I needed to post a bus stop at each end otherwise Jeronij's steet mod would cause high wealth at the alley's end .

Last pic of some forgotten containers, somehow I found them fitting:

Have fun.

Nik-Nik

Alfred.Jones

Lol :D Great idea :thumbsup: I love the two chalk outlined bodies in the alley :D I look forward to more :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Life is tough in the poorer areas.

Nicely captured but not the perpatrators of such vile and dastardly deeds I would wager ::)

Excellent slums  Nik Nik  :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rayced

bat

Fantastic work! (but why are there GLR-ways in poor areas #?¿?¿?$)

sebes

Hey NikNik - that is almost my RL neighbourhood there...

And Bat, we have trams crossing our streets, making it easier to rob tourists that pass by ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

NikNik

Thanks Guys for your comment.
It's great to get these comments.

Bat: I agree with Sebes. GLR is in the Netherlands not considered a luxurous way of transit. I guess that is my thought of it too. I only place GLR in R$ or R$$ areas and elevated train in R$ and downtown areas.
In fact if you have a look at the Show us your suburbs section youi see a lot of GLR in my R$ area (the Hagestein lot by Tag_One is R$).

Nik-Nik

bat

QuoteI agree with Sebes. GLR is in the Netherlands not considered a luxurous way of transit. I guess that is my thought of it too. I only place GLR in R$ or R$$ areas and elevated train in R$ and downtown areas.
In fact if you have a look at the Show us your suburbs section youi see a lot of GLR in my R$ area (the Hagestein lot by Tag_One is R$).

Well... therefore matches the station in this area, but nevertheless great work! &apls

jaronamo70

i like the pics, they look really cool! i myself dont like "ghetto" areas in my cities, though. I like them clean, shiny, and rich  ;D

wouanagaine

Very nice NikNik

I see that you have put your effort to digging thru the STEX to a very great slum area !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

NikNik

Yes, Wouanagaine. I have found a very nice fenced basketball field and also the sand paths are recently downloaded.
I wonder if I can tempt you to place some of your marvellous pics of your ghetto's here too?

Nik-Nik

Fairlane500

Well, here are two of my lower wealth districts, represented in both low and high density instances.

First, a suburban low-wealth housing development within my semi-recreation of the city of Anacortes:

And a central low-wealth slum out of a dirty industrial-based city I created:

sebes

Nice ghetto Fairlane. Don't park your car there! ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Alfred.Jones

That looks very cool Fairlane500 :thumbsup: I like the dirty high rises ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

NikNik

Very nice pics Fairlane500. Love that low-wealth housing project.
Those highrises are amazing. I am in the stage at my cities of medium rises. Wonder how much time I need to get those great high rises.

Nik-Nik

bat

Great work @ all!

wouanagaine: Great animations!

NikNik

Aha Wouanagaine I am glad that you posted these great slums.

If only I could find those 1x1 concrete slabs that you use. Awall hasn't made them. Can you tell me whose they are?

Nik-Nik

Alfred.Jones

Very very nice work Wouanagaine &apls Those animations are very cool and make me dizzy when scrolling ?=mad)=

Sim City 4 Devotion

wouanagaine

Thx

NikNik, they were made by swamper77 if I recall correctly ( industrial filler or industrial parking lot )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4