• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samerton

Highrise99

This is a partial basketweave interchange where the north/south bound highway splits and becomes two highways.  I've been working quite a while through multiple designs entirely to achieve this.

jondor

Here's a partially diagonal Parclo A2.  Speeds are low because of the tighter angular turns, unfortunately the local construction company has trouble thinking outside the box. :P  It's a local feeder highway though, so it works out alright.  The city is waiting on the beautification project to see if they will have to have the interchange rebuilt first.

(Click for full size)
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

samerton

@ Highrise99: Nice curves! Very smooth! The EMIS has no supports on diagonals... it's annoying   :angrymore:

@ jondor: I think that junction is nice! It doesn't need the beautification!

Nego

Here is an interchange I made a long time ago:

It would be nice to have some inside type-B exit/entrance ramps and some Type-B diagonal exit/entrance ramps. What do you guys think?

riiga

Quote from: Nego on August 02, 2010, 10:10:08 PM
It would be nice to have some inside type-B exit/entrance ramps and some Type-B diagonal exit/entrance ramps. What do you guys think?
Great interchange! And I agree, it would be very helpful with such pieces.

Now, here's a trumpet interchange I made back with the RHW 3.x, now converted to RHW 4.0 (that is, smooth curves and such).

- riiga

travismking

nice pics riiga! if you dont mind me asking where did you get that texture mod for the RHW (mine are all yellow lined and american looking, and even though I live in the states I like the euro style better :)

also, you give them an acceleration lane going to the north even though the ramp is pretty straight (straight enough to get up to speed) but no deceleration lane on the other side when theres a sharp 90 degree turn right off the highway... Either way it looks good :)

riiga

Thank you for your kind words travismking:)

The Euro texture mod was made by Maarten and can be found here.

Regarding the acceleration and deceleration lanes, I try to make them as realistic to me as possible. Here in Sweden, there are always acceleration lanes, even if the on-ramp is long enough, though with some exceptions. Likewise, deceleration lanes are very uncommon, even where there are sharp turns afterwards. At least they are uncommon on rural stretches, such as this one.

There is often also a sign posted informing drivers about such sharp turns when exiting, such as seen here. The triangle-shaped red and yellow warning sign indicates that there is sharp bend to the right coming up, and the text below reads "Applies to exit".

- riiga

travismking

thanks :) we have similar signs and traffic patterns here, but on highways (always interstates, most of the time on controlled access roads) there are acceleration and deceleration lanes, guess its just different planning and driving habits.. Since Americans are such rude and aggressive drivers its probably better this way :p

jdenm8

Quote from: travismking on August 03, 2010, 05:26:15 AM
Since Americans are such rude and aggressive drivers

:o

I never saw that when I was over there. Come over here and we'll make any nation's drivers look calm and courteous.

We don't have anything really like that over here, you just kinda hope and pray that you see it coming.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

metarvo

Quote from: Nego on August 02, 2010, 10:10:08 PM

Did you know that the DRI feature in RHW 4.0 allows for the construction of draggable Type-B inside ramps?  There doesn't seem to be a puzzle piece for this in the menu, so I guess it's draggable only.  I've used it in the interchange shown below.

This is an interchange for the intersection of an RHW-2 with an RHW-4 that is designed to use no land on the other side of the RHW-4.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

riiga

Cool interchange metarvo! I really those FAR roads. ;)

- riiga

Nego

Quote from: metarvo on August 03, 2010, 10:02:45 AM
Did you know that the DRI feature in RHW 4.0 allows for the construction of draggable Type-B inside ramps? 

No, I did not know that! Thanks for pointing that out. :)

figui

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 03, 2010, 07:33:20 AM
:o
I never saw that when I was over there. Come over here and we'll make any nation's drivers look calm and courteous.
(...)

you'd certainly never been in Uruguay nor Argentina  :P

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

TEG24601

SR-71 Bypass Intersection in the City of Newbaum
For some reason, the sims in Newbaum really enjoy using SR-71, which causes many traffic issues near F-30, so I built a bypass under the freeway, just to the East of SR-71.  It diverges in the South with a simple intersection, the Northern junction is much more involved.

Experimental T-Interchange in the city of Chekov

adrianor

Quote from: figui on August 03, 2010, 02:24:09 PM
you'd certainly never been in Uruguay nor Argentina  :P

mauricio.

Nor Lima ;D

CraigKingOfIreland

Basic principles of a cloverleaf, just somewhat warped xD

Haljackey

Geesh you're on the ball there Craig. Awesome design!

Just throw some more smooth curves in there and that junction will look better than ever!

MandelSoft

While testing out the upcoming version of the RHW (v4.1.0) and building the final section of the A16 in Imaginia I managed to build three cloverleaf interchanges in the same large city tile (called Newlandervayne)! All thanks to swamp_ig's new curved MIS transistions!

A5 x A9: Stadium Crossing:

This interchange used the have much wider and rectangular cloverleafs. Now they are way rounder and narrower.

A5 x A16: Alphen Crossing:

A3 x A16: Hogevelden Crossing:

Couldn't build this interchange before because I didn't had enough room. Now with the new ramps I can.

Oh, and there is another new feature hidden in these pictures. Can you spot it?

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Hadrean2

:o Are those gradual sloping and curving ramps?