• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Behold... The smallest loop you can make with the RHW 4.0:

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

canyonjumper

That's awesome Maarten!

canyonjumper heads off to attempt to duplicate.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Nego

I agree with canyonjumper. I that is the coolest trumpet interchange I've ever seen using the RHW. :thumbsup: Nice job!!! &apls &apls &apls

Ciuu96

Wow, thats great Maarten! My trumpets usually turn up 10-times huger ;D Also heading to duplicate!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

riponite

That's perfect!!!  I'm taking notes. :)  Thanks mrtnrln.

samerton

Wow... that's one of the best junctions I've ever seen Maarten! I'm going to do what most others are probably doing... I'm going to try to recreate that!  :)

Haljackey

I've got to go with the crowd on this one. That's a beautiful trumpet interchange Maarten! The compactness of the loop ramp makes the junction much more practical in our cities. Thanks for showing it!

I've developed the land around my diagonal ground highway trumpet interchange. (May as well show it here since it's a new page :P)

Lots of vehicle use, but no train. I might dig up the rails here and replace it with a RHW-6C if I can't encourage sims to take mass transit.

Weave lanes on a municipal expressway. Don't worry, the speed limit is only 60km/h as the road terminates a little west of here, so there is actually more weave space than you think.

Part of a clover-turbine at night.

A newly reconstructed collector / express system along a RHW.

Transfers from express lanes to the collectors. The system spans a relatively short distance, so I felt left exits could be used. Basketweaves weren't needed.

A weave lane on the express lanes. The ramps along the collectors look like tentacles.

The system ends at this modified T-bone interchange. Express lanes bypass it, collectors interchange with it and reconnect with the express lanes.

Does this count as an intersection? It's my largest and craziest elevated rail junction yet!  $%Grinno$%

Full mosaic Here.

Nego

Wow! :o Fantastic stuff there, Haljackey! Nice mosaic, too. :thumbsup: I'd love to see a mosaic of your newly reconstructed collector/express system. That would be really cool! &apls &apls

samerton

Wow.. you're really the master of RHW's Haljackey! Really good interchanges!

Rionescu

Wow, that's an awesome trumpet mrtnrln.

Hal, your region and your RHWs are amazing. I wish I could get a built up region in the first place to actually use my RHWs. Where di dyou get those pine tree lots from that last pic?

Jayster

Something I whipped up today, I think it's pretty cool.

Tell me what you think  :thumbsup:

Jayster

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Jayster on September 01, 2010, 03:30:40 PM
Something I whipped up today, I think it's pretty cool.

I think it's pretty cool, too. The curves are quite compact.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Kevin1a

Jayster: nice A2  I love to use similar setups in my suburban areas.

jdenm8

Here's one I made. It's an upgraded T-Bone, built with as little alteration to the original intersection as possible.

(Click for full resolution PNG)

It is limited access, and that's because there's a Diamond intersection just off screen (to the left) that completes the intersection. As well as that, there's a sizeable Trumpet above the top of the picture. When FLEXfly can cross RHW-6S (I see limited support already, but it doesn't cross all the way over), I'll complete the ramps.

(and if you must know why there are two motorways going in the same direction, one is an eastern bypass and the other a northern bypass. That area is the nearest area to the split to have enough room for an intersection of accurate scale.)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

samerton

That's a great intersection Jayster!
jdenm8's T-Bone intersection is great too!

cubby420

Whoa! jdenm8 and Jayster! Great pics both of you. Very different but both excellent.

the7train

Jdenm8, nice job, can you show more of the other interchanges around? Or even a zoomed out view of the whole interchange?  I'm quite intrigued!

Blue Lightning

Great looking interchanges everyone!

When FLEXfly can cross RHW-6S (I see limited support already, but it doesn't cross all the way over), I'll complete the ramps.
FLEXFly treats RHW-6S as a 1 tile network, so don't drag the shoulder tile under it. Otherwise, 6S has the same capability as the RHW-4.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

sepen77

Great Interchanges guys!

Here's one of my hand drawn ones, edited to provide ease of view.

The coloured arrows guide you through the network of tunnels/underpasses. The numbers indicate which highway is which. There is also a parking lot connected to this interchange.
The interchange was designed with realism in mind, but the acceleration/deceleration lanes were designed to be small to fit on the paper!
Definitely not made in Sim city (like I can!?!) but still worth looking at. Feel free to try to navigate all the ramps and learn your way through this miraculous interchange.
~ Sepen77

marsh