• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nego

Wow! :o That's amazing! ;D It looks like almost every texture has been redone. That's awesome! :shocked2:
This is a very nice retexturing project, there.

I'm guessing this has been done through the NAM. So I have some questions:
What's the status on this project? And why is this all new to most of us?
I haven't seen a developement thread or anything regarding this project, accept bits and pieces in Mayor Diaries, until now. It's all so suden. I know you guys like to surprise us, but this is a different way of doing it.

Anyway, excellent job! &apls &dance &hlp &apls &dance &hlp &apls &dance &hlp &apls

Edit: Thanks for posting that, GDO29Anagram. That cleared up some of the questions I had. ;)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: superhands on September 24, 2010, 08:19:43 PM
o do you now?  ;D

Yeah, that's gotta be it.  :thumbsup:  &apls

Although I'm making my own set also, yours looks great so far.

I've seen Blue Lightning with that kind of Road CDS once... I wondered where it came from...

Oh and Nego? I suspected activity about this project when Tarkus said something about it after someone asked about the AVE-Road transition that Haljackey had... It was in here. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=252.msg336470#msg336470
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: Nego on September 24, 2010, 09:13:43 PM
I'm guessing this has been done through the NAM. So I have some questions:
What's the status on this project? And why is this all new to most of us?
I haven't seen a developement thread or anything regarding this project, accept bits and pieces in Mayor Diaries, until now. It's all so suden. I know you guys like to surprise us, but this is a different way of doing it.

It's kind of been an ongoing behind-the-scenes project for quite awhile now and is still very much active--there's a parallel Euro version underway as well.  We've taken to occasionally "stealthing" projects in this manner, skipping the cursory development threads, just doing stuff out of the blue.  We're kind of the Radiohead of the SC4 community.  The "we like to surprise people" bit not only applies to release timing, but in terms of how much we show of development before and between releases.  The NWM was more or less on this strategy for most of the time after its early-2009 "reboot".

-Alex

travismking

and we do enjoy the surprise, makes it more fun when its released :) plus this way if a project doesn't get finished to release we don't even know it ever happened :p

samerton

Wow.. all of this news is great! Nice work all!

samerton

Wow... nice interchange you have there, doctor25..!  :thumbsup:

jonno

Rather than a huge elaborate complicated interhange, here is a simple highway exit for something different.

vitorhnn

Quote from: jonno on September 26, 2010, 10:36:56 AM
Rather than a huge elaborate complicated interhange, here is a simple highway exit for something different.

I just had that idea some time ago!!!
I'm a mod on SimcityBrasil =)

samerton

WC_EEND

that's actually a rather brilliant idea &apls
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Terring7

jonno i think that this is the best intersection ever. Very simple, very effective and takes fewer space :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

TJ1

Quote from: superhands on September 24, 2010, 08:19:43 PM
o do you now?  ;D

-dave

Ive noticed that on alot of different posts around here.  ??? ??? ???

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

samerton

@ Terring7: Very nice. I like the way you've used Andreas' Elevated Highway banks to cover the avenue bridge supports!

Blue Lightning

And of course, someone has to make it into a semi-parclo.

Might as well throw in an intersection too
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

joshriddle577

Here is mine:

OK now I know I'm not amazing talent or anything but I am still practicing to get better! However I think the editing is nice.  ()stsfd()

Ryan B.