• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

Great interchanges , all. nice inspiring stuff...

@HAL, where did you get this raisedroad/bridge textures in your last pic?.....they look great.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

mightygoose

yup i is find that in japan, good work everyone.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

soulchaser

wooohooo...thanks a lot^^, jdenm8

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Haljackey

How's this for something different?

A 3-way DDI. Play around with the RHW long enough and you'll to go nuts like me. :D

Problem is some of the tuning lanes in the DDI avenue piece are pointless, unless you want to make a U-turn!

TEG24601

Awesome Interchange.  I never thought of something like that.  Also, in some jurisdictions, they require that a U-Turn can be made from any exit, so this would fit perfectly.

TEG

Kevin1a

Fantastic idea for an interchange, nice and compact too. 

TEG, interesting, I never knew that.  Can you give me an example of such a jurisdiction?  Since this is an international forum, I would be interested to know where they do this.  I have seen u-turn ramps in Texas, but here in Colorado Springs, we have SPUIs at Austin Bluffs and Union and Garden of the Gods Rd. and I-25 where u-turns are not possible. (though it operates quite efficiently)

Haljackey

Haha, thanks! Glad you like my crazy design.

Quote from: Kevin1a on December 01, 2010, 12:21:32 AM
Can you give me an example of such a jurisdiction?  Since this is an international forum, I would be interested to know where they do this.  I have seen u-turn ramps in Texas...

I'm assuming if a highway is paralleled by a pair of one-way frontage roads on either side for a considerable length the likelihood of having u-turns increases. I don't know of a place where they are "required" but you certainly see them in places like the US state of Texas where there are a lot of one-way frontage roads.

I can't think of any examples in my neck of the woods and that goes to show you how drastically interchange designs can vary.

travismking

thats really interesting hal, never thought of something like that, and i quite like it :)

TEG24601

Quote from: Kevin1a on December 01, 2010, 12:21:32 AMTEG, interesting, I never knew that.  Can you give me an example of such a jurisdiction?  Since this is an international forum, I would be interested to know where they do this.  I have seen u-turn ramps in Texas, but here in Colorado Springs, we have SPUIs at Austin Bluffs and Union and Garden of the Gods Rd. and I-25 where u-turns are not possible. (though it operates quite efficiently)

I know that in Washington State, there are requirements for the capability to U-turn, even at our SPUIs.  You will NEVER find an exit that is just two off ramps and only one on-ramp, unless it is adjacent to another exit or freeway.  I'm pretty sure Oregon and Idaho have similar requirements, and I know for sure the Montana does (in case the road in closed due to weather).  I was almost certain that Texas had a similar rule, especially in the rural west, where there are driveways on the Interstate.

j-dub

Funny, in my state, they destroyed this one side of the interchange and did just that, where it no longer is half of a cloverleaf, dhe destroyed half of the half cloverleaf was an exit ramp, and now just has the only one exit, which they replaced with a traffic light, so you can turn both directions. There also used to be another interchange on the highway after that one, but now those ramps are gated, and traffic has to use the light for what used to be that interchange too. However, it still is dumb that you can't access the highway the opposite direction.

Haljackey

Anyways, back to something more practical... I made a new junction.

Adding a bit of eyecandy.

Zooming out. It's huge!

That is all.

Nego

Nice interchange, Haljackey! It looks really good. :thumbsup: I was wondering, how do you make your slopes so smooth? I'm sure that you're using a slope mod, but which one? And do you have a specific method for making such smooth slopes? They look really good!  ;)

io_bg

Nego - you can first lay a network like (rail, el-rail or monoral) which makes longer slopes, demolish it and then lay a road on the same place. At least this trick works for me ;)
A basic diamond interchange ;D

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

trafficnut

Before this junction, there was a pretty basic cloverleaf. It got quickly congested and there is a lot more urban development planned in this area :). Here's the result of the upgrade:

Some of the diagonal slopes are a little bumpy, but I have no idea how to get them smooth...  $%Grinno$%

Enjoy the view.

Haljackey

Great interchanges io_bg and trafficnut! That's a really tight full interchange.

To get the diagonals a little more smooth, try running another network like rail over the stretch. For some reason road networks have trouble properly sloping on diagonal sections (especially RHW and avenue).

Quote from: Nego on December 02, 2010, 01:26:47 PM
Nice interchange, Haljackey! It looks really good. :thumbsup: I was wondering, how do you make your slopes so smooth? I'm sure that you're using a slope mod, but which one? And do you have a specific method for making such smooth slopes? They look really good!  ;)

Hey, thanks a lot! I use two slope mods to help get a really smooth slope. They include the RHW slope mod and the BTM slope mod (included with BTM versions 1 and 2 on the STEX). The BTM one is exceptionally smooth and hence very restrictive. When I can't create slopes that smooth, the RHW slope mod does an excellent job at a slightly steeper angle.

To further help with grading, I will place road stubs from the elevation of the overpassing road all around the overpass, forcing the ramps to properly slope themselves with every tile. This reduces the amount of flat tiles (such as for curves), and maximizes land use while looking good.

Hope that helps.  &idea

samerton

Some great interchanges here!  &apls

Just a quick edit to show one of my interchanges:

It's a small T-Junction designed for the small space I was building in.

Ciuu96

Great interchanges, all!

Quote from: Haljackey on December 02, 2010, 04:33:51 PM
Hey, thanks a lot! I use two slope mods to help get a really smooth slope. They include the RHW slope mod and the BTM slope mod (included with BTM versions 1 and 2 on the STEX). The BTM one is exceptionally smooth and hence very restrictive. When I can't create slopes that smooth, the RHW slope mod does an excellent job at a slightly steeper angle.

Sorry to bother, but I can't find the RHW slope mod anywhere, even though I've searched from simtropolis, google, lex and even few other places. Has it been deleted or is it just hidden in some weird location? It just sounds exactly what I need, so getting it would be great. Thanks in advance!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

BigSlark

Ciuu,

I know that Ennedi's NHP Slope Mod works with the RHW, I use a custom "Diabolical" version that someone requested and he attached to a post some time ago, it requires intense terraforming for interchanges but the smooth grades look fantastic.

This thread on Slope Mods is fascinating and informative. Good luck!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3832.0

Cheers,
Kevin

noahclem

@ Ciuu - I was going to tell you that you could open up your slope mod and edit that property yourself but after looking into it realized you can't edit a slope mod property if the slope mod's creator never added that property (I haven't messed with it because I "pre-slope" the routes my RHW's will take before placing them using other networks like highway, rail, or el-rail). Ennedi's should work and if you like your old slope mod better you could always edit your new slope mod's properties to match your old one (besides RHW obviously). Careful though, I think the NHP ones are much more complicated than others...

@ Trafficnut - Nice interchange  :thumbsup: If your problem hasn't already been solved using Haljackey's method (which is what I use) using the slope mod mentioned in the last post should fix it too.

@ all - Nice work   &apls