• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on December 16, 2010, 05:34:39 AM
Is that Route 2 in Weekapaug?

Oh geesh someone needs to BAT the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse:P

And I think I found a name for that highway. :D

Remember this pic on the last page?

Quote from: Haljackey on December 10, 2010, 06:36:45 PM
Placeholder for a future interchange near a Maxis-RHW transition.

Well I built it now.

Super zoom out:

The Maxis highway is used for the hilly section because it has a barrier on either side. In addition, the shoulder can be used as an additional lane for slow trucks.

Oh, and welcome to Page 100!!!!  &hlp

MandelSoft

I've worked on a new region. This is what I've got so far:

But this is not the "Show us you region views"-thread, this is "Show us your...Intersections", so why did I post it here? So you can see the bigger picture. Let's zoom in at Felixruhe.

First a junction of the A14. This freeway starts at Felixruher Kreuz and leads into Schellingen.

Felixruher Kreuz. Here the A10 (Ring Schellingen, left to right) crosses the A4 (bottom) and the A14. The freeway route A4 stops at this interchange and continues at the interchange in Wahrmund. Another fun fact: the A10 Eastern Ring Schellingen is the only freeway where I use light towers.

Not actually an intersection, but the area between two intersections. Showing off my German power lines :D

And finally, the junction Felixruhe-East:

I hope you enjoyed my Autobahns so far!  And about those RHW-6S C/D ramps: these will be included in the next RHW version. Don't bother to re-texture those, because Alex (Tarkus) will be doing that anyway ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

soulchaser

aaah....yes...family guy...I forgot about that :D

I'm not sur if I should destroy this design for further development of the highway... I fell in love maybe ;)

mrtnrln: great stuff...reminds me of little frankfurt   ()stsfd()

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jonno

What terrain mod are you using for these pictures?  It looks like the one I lost that I have never been able to figure out what it was.

Quote from: Haljackey on December 16, 2010, 08:14:59 AM
Oh geesh someone needs to BAT the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse:P

And I think I found a name for that highway. :D

Remember this pic on the last page?

Well I built it now.

Super zoom out:

The Maxis highway is used for the hilly section because it has a barrier on either side. In addition, the shoulder can be used as an additional lane for slow trucks.

Oh, and welcome to Page 100!!!!  &hlp

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jonno on December 17, 2010, 03:42:46 PM
What terrain mod are you using for these pictures?  It looks like the one I lost that I have never been able to figure out what it was.

It looks like the Columbus Terrain Mod. It's on the STEX, but I don't have the direct link.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Nice work Maarten! I like the RIRO style (right in right out) of your highway network! Great RHW-RHW interchange too!

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on December 17, 2010, 03:54:36 PM
It looks like the Columbus Terrain Mod. It's on the STEX, but I don't have the direct link.

Actually I use the CPT Italia Terrain Mod. You can download it here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1527

May as well post this here as it "qualifies" as an intersection. You may have seen some of it on the NAM issues thread.

Yesterday, a unique roundabout rail overpass opened in my hometown. Here's a pic:

In celebration of the event, I whipped up a couple mock-ups of the roundabout in Simcity 4:

I couldn't build the roundabout on top of the rail line, so I put it to the side and hooked it up with road overpasses:
-I had to convert rail to ground light rail to make the diagonal overpass.

In this example, I used a rail tunnel rather than making overpasses.

Despite the limitations of the game, I think they turned out ok.  ::)

If you want to learn more about the roundabout, here's a good link: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=5097989#post5097989

Here's the post about it in the NAM Issues thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg357259#msg357259

Kevin1a

I've been working on a frustrating junction lately.  I'm not really a natural growth guy to the extent some other people are, but I'm not an extreme central planning kind of guy either.  Either way, my city has grown to the point where I am forced to convert a few of my RHW2 routes to RHW4+.  I have never been able to build good compact RHW4+ x RHW4+ interchanges that are true to real life (I wish there were a few good ploppable ones I could use when I don't want to custom design).  This interchange will be about the size of my downtown when it's done.  :'(  Anyways, it's not entirely free-flowing, but my traffic doesn't demand it yet, and I'll build something new when I get to that point.  In the end, it'll be a MIS roundabout with underpasses for both RHW4s.  Even worse, the second pic shows the mess I am creating because a major road close to the junction needs to be able to interface with the highway.

I just read that piece on the roundabout and thought: "What?  London's had roundabouts for ages."  The British practically replaced half the intersections in their country with roundabouts.  Then I saw it was talking about a pickup truck.  That should have been my first clue (actually it should have been the fact that they were driving on the right) that this was in London, CA.  Doh!!!!

Hmmm, looking around the city's website for a little while after landing on their "roundabouts for dummies" page.  Looks like a really nice city.  I need a change of scenery.  What are the rules about Americans working in Canada.  Hope they don't speak French there. :D

Nego

Hello, Kevin1a. I have some good news and bad news. First, the bad news. There are not, nor will there ever be, ploppable RHW interchanges. Worst case scenario, you could use Maxis Highway ones, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that. Sorry. But the good news is that you can check out the RHW Interchange guide for some great tutorials on making round-a-bout interchanges.

riiga

Another interchange from me:

(click for full resolution!)

Zoomed in:

(click for full resolution!)

- riiga

io_bg

Nice one, riiga, but wait... are these the MIS exits for AVE? :o I want them, too! ;D
Decided these two are worth sharing:

There's more in my MD :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

samerton

@ riiga:   :o AVE MIS exits!!?? Wow! Definately looking forward to those!
@ io_bg: Great! I love the first intersection... it's very unique!

ecoba

A mosaic featuring an interchange in a completely random city of mine; Mesre. Just a basic interchange, but considering it's one of my first with the new RHW, I'm proud of it and like it's surroundings as well.

Ethan :)

samerton

@ Ecoba: Great picture! I love the Photoshopping effects, too!

Ramona Brie

A few from my mediocre cities:

This one was actually reworked from its original incarnation. Forest Avenue (the street coming in from the left) used to maintain its diagonal path and curve into Jasmine Blvd (the big MAVE-6 – prior to the redo all of that was plain old Avenue), but an increased need for routes for development forced a realignment of Forest and an extension of Jasmine. Apologies for the zots.

A large cloverleaf interchange. Might seem a bit empty, but I had to redo this town tile (issue with a poorly modded lot). That north-south road eventually turns into Forest Avenue from the first picture. All three of the other directions are to large neighbor cities.

The rail line and Jasmine continue south to that RHW-6C; the rail line gets an overpass, and Jasmine (for obvious reasons) gets a folded parclo:

In one of my other towns, a before/after of how a provisional traffic light on an RHW-4 becomes a full-featured interchange:

MandelSoft

^^ Well, you interchanges could use some more smooth curves or b-style ramps (and I see you still have the old Euro RHW TRM), but it's a good start!

Now I'd like to share some of mine from my region Schellingen(still work in progress):

Rothfurther Kreuz (A7 x A10, North)  As you can see, the A7 is one of those "OMG, R U FRIKIN SERIOUS!!1!"-freeways :P

Mannziger Kreuz (A7 x A10, South).

Dreieck Herbbüren (A9 x A10, South)

Französquartierer Kreuz (A112 x A10)

Felixruher Kreuz (A4/A14 x A10), already shown earlier this page. Now a close-up picture

Dreieck Andreaseck (A9 x A10, North)

A112 Exit 2: Französquartier

A7 Exit 78: Schellingen-Nord:

A7 Exit 77: Schellingen-Zentrum

A7 Exit 76: Schellingen-Süd

A14 Exit 86: Felixruhe-Zentrum (plus some ressidential area).Yes, that's a very high exit number for a stretch of freeway about 2 km long! The reason for this is that the exit numbering from the A4 (which ends at Felixruher Kreuz and continues at the West of Schellingen) continues at this freeway, so you don't see a sudden jump from Exit 87 to Exit 1.

Well, that's it for today ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metasmurf

Very nice interchanges Marteen. Dreieck Herbbüren (A9 x A10, South) is my favourite  :thumbsup:

Nexis4Jersey

My Mouth is now open , and drool is spilling out..... :thumbsup:

Kevin1a

A7 Exit 76: Schellingen-Süd and A7 Exit 77: Schellingen-Zentrum are my two favourites.  The first loosely reminds me of an interchange near my grandmothers house in Germany, down to the presence of some kind of industrial in the top right corner.

Haljackey

Some really great junctions there Maarten! #2 has to be my favorite, although #6 is a neat 3-way interchange. Well done, excellent use of FARHW and smooth curves!

Ciuu96

Great interchanges again Maarten! My favourite is A7 Exit 76: Schellingen-Süd, due to it's creative design with the roundabout.  :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)