• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakuten

30 and I-80 seem to cross eachother a substantial number of times though... /offtopic, sorry
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Terring7

I discovered a very old picture that shows a rare intersection, called "Paper Clip"

I tried to recreate it by using the R.H.W. mod. It's just a very simple version, I'll make a better one soon.

Man, those trees ruin the image :bomb:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

j-dub

Yeah, who did that? What happened ()what()

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metasmurf

Here's my first trumpet interchange with acceleration/braking lanes. I tried to make the terrain within the interchange as smooth as possible, as seen in real life.

With grid on, to give you an idea about the terraforming:

No grid:

chrisnhl

Here is a picture of the I 80 east in San Francisco just before the Bay Bridge.  It is double Decker in real life but we obviously cannot duplicate that so I did the best I could.

Here is a duplicate of the 4th and 5th street exits also heading east on I 80 in San Francisco.

Here are a few other intersections that are designed to be high capacity interstates for my city.I try to all the transitions smooth and at least 2 lanes.

I still have alot of work to do on them but I was excited to show them.  Any thoughts?

DJSun1981

MandelSoft

@DJSun1981: What the ...  ()what()

That's a hugely complex interchange. But I see a lot of weaving though...

Still it's very impressive  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Quote from: Terring7 on January 06, 2011, 01:40:26 PM
I discovered a very old picture that shows a rare intersection, called "Paper Clip"

Huh. That's my junction. Dates back to at least 2007, maybe even 2006.

Great work everyone! I like what I'm seeing here!

metasmurf

Another one from me. Spotted this design on a Norwegian motorway and wanted to implement it into SC4. This is the outcome:

j-dub

With highways, and roundabouts, I am just the slightest bit curious, since the release of (see pic?)

(that tripple lane one) if anyone has something (I didn't see before) to show for it  ()what()

Cali

with all those roads Dj, I bet tourists LOVE your city...lol  :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: j-dub on January 09, 2011, 09:46:44 PM
With highways, and roundabouts, I am just the slightest bit curious, since the release of (see pic?)

(that tripple lane one) if anyone has something (I didn't see before) to show for it  ()what()

Well, I just recently downloaded that one to try for myself. The readme says that the third lane is pure eyecandy. Sorry to say for anyone who hasn't DL'd that yet (Unless you have a high degree of eyecandy tolerance), it's a non-functional lane. I tried it in an old RA interchange I built once. Though the third lane's rather convincing, the paths tell otherwise.

[link]

Other than that, this interchange I made is a more compact Rotary Interchange, with slip lanes. Another use for AVE-4 RA's. The size of the RA may restrict traffic to low-speed low-level traffic in real life.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

psander5

He he, that's mine :D

Sorry, I completely forgot to add the part about the 'eyecandy only' nature of it in the download description, but as GDO29Anagram says, it's in the readme.  I've updated the description now :)

I don't have the knowhow to mess with NAM stuff to make a functional version... so I made this eyecandy filler just to make it look like it could handle more traffic for big intersections.  In my opinion there aren't enough roundabout options yet in the NAM ;)

I might as well post a picture of an interchange of mine using these fillers while I'm here.  It's based on a motorway junction where the double roundabout is a key feature, near where I grew up in West Yorkshire, England.  Although it's not really very close to the real interchange, it is as close as I can get with the current tools :

Sorry, I have no idea how to show a rescaled version in these forums :(

ilmioalterego

@metasmurf: excellent work! The idea of placing 2 roundabouts is great! Keep on making beautiful intersections such as this!  &apls

samerton

@ psander5: Brilliant interchange! (and.. brilliant roundabout fillers, too :D:thumbsup:

turtle

Here's a new one from me:

RHW4 coming in from the east to south and RHW2 going west - I wanted to make sure traffic would flow east-west and west-east with ease, while struggling with a little difficult terrain (or maybe it's just my slopemod enn-med). What do you think? could this design be improved?

@ metasmurf: very smooth slopes for that last one. looks great!

@ Psander5: That is a nice diagonal intersection! And thanks for the fillers :)

@ io_bg, Oakley, Hal, Mightygoose: thx guys for the nice comments on my last pics (even if it was in october)
My name is Thomas...

Tarkus

Quote from: psander5 on January 10, 2011, 07:31:01 AM
I don't have the knowhow to mess with NAM stuff to make a functional version... so I made this eyecandy filler just to make it look like it could handle more traffic for big intersections.  In my opinion there aren't enough roundabout options yet in the NAM ;)

There's actually been some discussion amongst the NAM Team about the possibility of a TuLEPs type setup for roundabouts, called Roundabout Extension Tiles, or RabETs. ::)  It'd be a difficult to do from BAT models, but if we had the textures, it may be possible to use those to create a functional version of a 3-laner.

-Alex

Ryan B.

The acronym genius strikes again, it seems.

travismking

noone said they had to be ROAD interchanges, and i recently found the thread on the draggable RAM curves + switches and just had to test it