• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darraghf

Quote from: jdenm8 on February 28, 2011, 01:48:37 PM
Ha ha ha! Yes it will!
Stick the extra settings in the Launch Options field in Properties and it's just like a Retail Version.  ;)

Thanks! I hope it works :)
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

wallasey

Just a simple dumbell junction at night. The road leading off to the left is a southern spur into the town the through route is bypassing.

Mithokey

Nego

@ wallasey: Really nice dumbell interchange! :thumbsup:

@ mikekeller99: Welcome to SC4D! :) You have some really nice interchanges, there. Your highway system looks really good, too. ;) Hope to see you around again.

samerton

@ wallasey: A nice and simple interchange!  :thumbsup:
@ mikekeller99: It's great to see you here, Mike! Nice interchanges on your first post, too! :thumbsup:

Mithokey

Thanks everyone!

I love to use the NAM, NWH, RHW, etc... I've always been downloading but never thought to post. I plan to be posting since this seems like a very nice and wonderful community!!  :)

rstarks

its a trumpet that i elongated too much. but it was cute, so i decided to keep it  :D

noahclem

Really great intersections rstarks, mikekeller99, and wallasey! I don't mean to detract from that at all but it would be much better if you'd showcase your images in JPEG form, especially in this thread where 20 repliers' BMP images could take a long, long time to view. Anyway, just wanted to toss in a constructive reminder with a well-deserved compliment  :thumbsup:

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Mithokey

Here's a pic of an EL-RHW over avenue interchange:

And here's a close-up shot of my previous photo I showed:

samerton

@ Cali: Very nice use of the NAM Avenue 'Y' interchange!
@ mikekeller99: Nice junctions with the RHW :thumbsup:

tcx

another bad intersection from my city

Mithokey

Risu

Exactly! Are you kidding? That's quite appealing; I rather like it. Looks very clean. Sure makes me wish I could build like that. :-[

MandelSoft

Well, I think it's bad since it has much sharp curves and at-grade intersections.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ciuu96

It indeed looks good, but from the view of traffic planning, its not that good. I still like it. :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Risu

Yeah, there's that.... But it's astheticly correct, imo.

(I must have an odd sense of asthetics....)

Haljackey

Ok big reply to all these creations:

wallasey: Looks good but I think the roundabouts are a bit too big for the size of that junction. Maybe change them to OWR?

Mithokey: Nice placement! I like the one close to the airport.

rstarks: Your image has been deleted. I can't see it. Can you reupload it?  ::)

Cali: One of the best urban placments of the avenue full-Y I've seen. Great work!  :thumbsup:

Mithokey (2): Nice use of the elevated RHW! I think that's overkill on the Flexfly on the second image, however.

tcx: I wouldn't say it's bad... you've got a great imagination! Try to set a standard for your junctions and stick with it.. they will look a lot better in the long run.

Ok some new stuff from me. These are mostly urban intersections rather than interchanges as I have been focusing on improving traffic flow and reducing congestion in the inner city. Hope you like them!

A before shot of my CBD. Clogged roads and avenues wasn't doing any good for commute times.

After: Widening, NWM and TLA applications will ease traffic flow, especially for turning.

A sunken avenue in an industrial area features half-road intersections and a half diamond with a RHW expressway.

I think I went a little overboad with this one. I wanted to improve turning connections but I ended up with this soup. I might just demolish the whole thing and rebuild it from the ground up.

A pair of OWR-5 intersections along an avenue. You don't see that everyday!

A working city. At this perspective, you can hardly see the improvements made!

A new T-bone interchange I built along this ground highway to better connect the city with the airport. Nothing fancy, but it works.

A working city. The expressway shown in the middle of the image divides the residential and commercial areas of the city with the industrial, and provides a vital economic thoroughfare in the city. At the bottom a freeway connects the city with neighbouring cities.

Anyways that's it from me! Hope you enjoyed viewing my urban intersection/interchange creations!

Haljackey

Here's a video of the city I showed in my last post featuring the various interchange and intersection improvements.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cDMYrRcYIrI

More info and HD playback via Youtube.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDMYrRcYIrI

Hope you liked it!

Kevin1a

Quote from: Mithokey on March 02, 2011, 07:06:54 PM
Here's a pic of an EL-RHW over avenue interchange:

I like it, lots of room to accelerate and decelerate, and very compact.  Fits well with the surroundings.  If I might offer a suggestion: I think that rail line would look really good on a viaduct, and it gives you a bit of an engineering challenge.  It's always fun to play with the different parts of the NAM, especially the stuff you might use less.