• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Some new stuff from me as I continue to build up and expand a hillside city.

DDI Piece near a avenue intersection.

Zoom out showing the entire DDI. It's getting partial use for now, further development will provoke more traffic to use it.

Diagonal T-bone interchange along some Maxis highway at night. The flyovers look over the city below.

A long double left-turn lane helps que turning traffic as the rail underpass suffers from congestion.

Lastly, a tight RHW junction is shown. Long accel/decel lanes allow cars to gradually recover from lost speed from these sharp turns.

simcity4ever

Nice Haljackey! I like your use of the new textures and the RHW-4 cosmetic pieces! &apls

samerton

@ Haljackey: Amazing! Your cities look great with all of the traffic usage.  &apls

Quote from: Haljackey on March 13, 2011, 07:41:53 PM
A long double left-turn lane helps que turning traffic as the rail underpass suffers from congestion.

The cars seem to be blocking the railway over the bridge  :P   The Sims are up to mischief yet again...

Flatron

Just something simple ( and not finished yet)

Nego

@Flatron: It still looks really good. Nice work! :thumbsup:

samerton

@ Flatron: Very nice. Great slopes.

Flatron

apeguy

Nice intersections @all! :thumbsup: Here's a few of mine, from a city I'm about to obliterate: (sorry about the yellow border)

Just a standard roundabout interchange, with extra lanes on the left side for the heavier traffic flows from the suburbs. This is one of the main routes into the city centre, so it gets pretty congested.

A compact, high-capacity trumpet on the west side of the city centre. This is by far the best way into the city centre from the highway. You can see how the city has completely developed around it over time.

And finally, this monster that took me about 3 hours to make. It provides full access in all directions, but it has short accel/decel lanes, and is prone to weaving, particularly on the roundabout section on the right side of the highway. This was originally a DDI, but I decided to go for something a bit more interesting. :P

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Nego

@apeguy: That city looks really nice and so do your interchanges.  :thumbsup:Too bad you are going to obliterate it. :( May I ask why? ()what()

apeguy

Quote from: Nego on March 15, 2011, 12:26:04 PM
Too bad you are going to obliterate it. :( May I ask why? ()what()

Well the downtown area on that tile didn't turn out the way I wanted, it's a bit messy, and also there are a few other things I wanted to change on this tile, and I decided that the best way was to just start again.

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

FrankU

Hi,

Maybe you can use this for an Urban Renewal MD?
Would be nice, maybe.

samerton

@ apeguy: Those are some great interchanges. It's a shame that the city will be deleted.

H2Odk

Something I just made

The overpass and ramps was supposed to be like this, but I was unable to make the road/rail elevated crossing work for El-Rail.

samerton

@ H20dk: Very nice idea for an interchange  :thumbsup:

Here's one of mine..

Before eyecandy..

With some eyecandy...

A close-up at night time.

simcity4ever

Ramona Brie

A very rural RHW intersection:

Risu

Nice use of the FAR-angled pieces!

Ramona Brie

Thanks. I'm playing with FAR more than I planned to, but this region is considerably rural and has a wealth of FAR road. To the south of this picture would be a town of about 3600, Center Bay (the seat of Center Bay County).

samerton

@ simcity4ever: Thanks a lot!  :)

@ Tracker: That's a very nice rural area there, very realistic road and forest.

Flatron

good work guys  :thumbsup:

I have something new for you:  just the second next interchange in southern direction from the last one ( the upper one, north is in the right side)