• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legoman786

Quote from: Opkl on June 03, 2011, 08:53:26 PM
I like this remake better. More clean and easier to follow. As for the top interchange, I would do a parclo with the ramps above the ave bridge. That would give the drivers more time to merge over. Don't forget the TuLEP's! ;D

Parclo, definitely.

Also, props for just the entire craziness of this interchange!

westamastaflash

Quote from: legoman786 on June 03, 2011, 08:55:30 PM
Also, props for just the entire craziness of this interchange!

Thanks!

2 large tiles away (~6 mi or so) the HOV lane comes to an end at a lake, merging with a north/south RHW4. Train continues around the lake to leave the region.

Runnerguy347

Here's one I whipped up in about 20 minutes.

[Delta ²k5]

Something new from me:
It's an airport connection to parkingspaces and terminals. Still a work in progress ;)

Klick to enlarge! (Warning... 1920x1080!)

Edit @TheOneNextUnderMyPost: This is only the regional jet terminal... if you have a look at the airport picture thread you'll see, that not everything is tight ;)

cubby420

Great stuff [Delta ²k5]! A very unique but realistic set up and the tower adds a lot of character to the airport. Your planes might have a hard time navigating the terminals though...a very tight fit.  $%Grinno$%

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

garrulus82

2nd post? A simple interchange.

1. The lower half could be improved if i`d use a avenue-crossing.

2. The FLUP piece for RHW-8 didn't work, so I had to use RHW-6, where RHW-8 had made sense.

I'm new to RHW, so just wanted to show my first piece.

RussianSim

here are a couple of mine. inspired by the example of Moscow where the principle of keeping the number of traffic lights to a minimum is practiced. as they slow down the traffic...

here even a railway is wedged between the overpasses:

all major avenues have to be accompanied by relief roads:

another intersection. poorly engineered if you imagine you're a driver, but looks smart:  ;)

a busy one:

avenues are shoved underground where they are meant to cross other roads at the ground level. Instead nice green spaces right in the city center are formed:

one of the busiest intersections. The avenue goes from top-right to bottom-left going under a ring road. Ring roads are also favored here.

I have resized your pics to the max size of 1024 wide. - Robin - GM

greckman

Nice networks and intersections. I like the compactness and creativity.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

Haljackey

Very cool, I like the use of the smooth curves.

A couple ones from me:

Busy diamond connecting a RHW expressway to an elevated highway.

Bus-only road.

Dexist

Quote from: Haljackey on June 12, 2011, 09:45:50 PM
Very cool, I like the use of the smooth curves.

A couple ones from me:

May i ask where you got that Bus only thing from? :)

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 13, 2011, 09:16:28 AM
I can recognise those HOV lots from anywhere...

<a href="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/3199-brf-urbanlegend-traffic-control-pack/">BRF UrbanLegend Traffic Control Pack 1.2</a>

Yep, those are them.

New video from me. Take a drive down one of my city's main streets, showcasing a variety of different intersection designs. Afterward, the video continues as a road tour of the city until my car blows up.

http://www.youtube.com/v/d1XyQdWDqao

Link for HD playback and more info: http://youtu.be/d1XyQdWDqao

Nego

Nice video, Haljackey! :thumbsup: Not too long, but full of SC4 goodness. :P
I also spotted my mod in there. ;D

Patricius Maximus

Awesome video, Haljackey. It's always nice to see you're still at work and to see your new creations, which are as always quite fascinating.

McDuell

I just read this post in the "RHW Interchange Guide".

Quote from: cowcorn on June 15, 2011, 09:14:13 AM
Has anyone tried to do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDDmE4qoCns

And thinking about my 'collection', this was the first interchange which came into my mind:

However, this is basically a roundabout interchange as you can go in circles if you want, so it falls out of the race. Furthermore, I should have built it mirrored, because this way round there are left joins, which I normally tend to avoid. Left exits I don't mind as they are less of a safety issure than joins. (At least, it's a diag x diag version.)

Then I found this one:

It's the same setup as in the movie but unfortuately lacks the circle look of the original &mmm. On the other side though, this is keeping the footprint relatively narrow.

Also great work of you all! I like that there are again some new intersections with Avenues and OWR to be found.  :thumbsup:
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

GDO29Anagram

@McDuell: Your second interchange pretty much fits the bill of being a Pinavia Interchange, except for two things: It's square, like you said, and it's too small, so it can't be full-speed.

Excellent work, though. :thumbsup: &apls

EDIT: Even better: <a href="http://pinavia.com/comparison-with-analogous-junctions.phtml">I found an article about the Pinavia vs Other Interchanges.</a>

Key advantages of a Pinavia over a Cloverleaf:
- Higher capacity and higher speed
- No conflict points, or weaving for that matter
- The "captured" land can be used

Key advantages over a 4-Level Stack:
- Cheaper to build
- Doesn't blight the skyline (The Pinavia is strictly 2-level)
- The "captured" land can be used

Disadvantages:
- It's roughly the same size as a Cloverleaf (But the land within can still be used)
- It's slightly larger than a 4-Level Stack (But the land within can still be used)
- It costs more to build than a Cloverleaf
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

McDuell

Thank you Ganaram.

I couldn't leave this interchange type alone, so I built a Cityscape version of the Pinavia. I'm not fully satisfied with the ramp curves, but at the moment I don't care about it. So here we go:

Have fun! :)
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

noahclem

Hmm, fascinating concept (and nice work McDuell  &apls). The five-way version on that website is particularly interesting. My only real problem with it is this though: they keep talking about the advantage of the space in the middle of the interchange being available--but who wants to locate in the middle of an interchange? Motorways have a pretty long history of destroying the desirability of the areas in their immediate proximity and I'm skeptical that the very center of a large junction would be an exception to that. I guess it could be useful for a parking area or maybe a mass transit stop.

JoeST

Quote from: noahclem on June 16, 2011, 09:18:19 AM
Hmm, fascinating concept (and nice work McDuell  &apls). The five-way version on that website is particularly interesting. My only real problem with it is this though: they keep talking about the advantage of the space in the middle of the interchange being available--but who wants to locate in the middle of an interchange? Motorways have a pretty long history of destroying the desirability of the areas in their immediate proximity and I'm skeptical that the very center of a large junction would be an exception to that. I guess it could be useful for a parking area or maybe a mass transit stop.
Indeed, or a service station or rest stop,
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms