• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

It took a while, but I finally made a full basketweave interchange with RHW 5.0.

The new components help make it more realistic, that's for sure!  ()stsfd()

I made two mosaics to show it. Click them both for full size.

Zoom out:

Zoom in:

apeguy

Excellent! That's the finest basketweave I've ever seen, and it's quite compact, perfect for downtown areas. You truly are the king of interchanges Hal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

art128

Here is one of my latest interchange.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

j-dub

Wow, meme pictures responses on this forum seem to be common now a days.

Even though my pictures is also not as relevant, I felt it some what, based on it's content:

Bigger, better shot at http://www.flickr.com/photos/77107301@N08/7475335982/sizes/h/in/photostream/

Full 1600 resolution at http://www.flickr.com/photos/77107301@N08/7475299792/sizes/h/in/photostream/

DJSun1981

Rest - Area by day and night:

"

"

"

"

Twyla

Quote from: Haljackey on May 26, 2012, 10:06:09 PMOh I agree. I personally despise frontage roads, but this is how their interchanges are set up. I saw it as a challenge to create a concept for it in SC4.
Personally, I'm rather fond of them - they function much like C/Ds but also allow RCI access.

MandelSoft

A modest one of mine that turned out pretty nice, or at least the slopes are smoothen out quite well in multiple directions...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Mandelsoft: The junction looks fantastic! The smooth slopes really add to it!

The only thing I would suggest is to move the loops a tile or two back so you fit in a RHW-6 type D piece (I think that's what it's called now.. still used to calling it 4-C) before the overpass. That way you would only need a RHW-6 overpass, not RHW-4 and MIS ones.

I am dealing with capacity issues on the only DDI I have built outside of guide/testing purposes. I have widened the ramps to two lanes (RHW-4 instead of MIS) to help entering/exiting traffic, but that has reduced the amount of lanes I can have pass under it.

Click the images for full size!

Now, check out a history of the interchange!

The original interchange only had one DDI piece as it was only 3-way.

But a lack of north/south connections pushed me to develop the hilly side of the RHW. The junction was converted to a full DDI to push the avenue south.

Originally I wanted to keep the area relatively undeveloped, but high demand pushed me to prepare the area for growth.

Nearby road network complete. Development progresses.

RHW is widened from 4 to 8 lanes to increase capacity. However, there are capacity issues on the ramps themselves.

The most recent reconstruction.

The RHW below was reduced to 6 lanes for two reasons.
-Most traffic enters or exits at this interchange rather than pass through it.
-No RHW-8 and RHW-4 splitter exists. That would create a RHW-12, which does not exist. Reducing the RHW-8 to a RHW-6 allows RHW-6 and RHW-4 splitters to be used, which creates a RHW-10 at each side.

It helps to take lots of screenshots and store em somewhere. They're great to show history/progression. You never know when you'll need them!

MandelSoft

Quote from: Haljackey on July 08, 2012, 08:25:46 PM
The only thing I would suggest is to move the loops a tile or two back so you fit in a RHW-6 type D piece (I think that's what it's called now.. still used to calling it 4-C) before the overpass. That way you would only need a RHW-6 overpass, not RHW-4 and MIS ones.
But it was exactly my intention to build this interchange like this, so I could use the cosmetic pieces all the way...

Wiimeiser

Quote from: MandelSoft on July 09, 2012, 01:20:15 AM
But it was exactly my intention to build this interchange like this, so I could use the cosmetic pieces all the way...
There's no reason not to make elevated CPs once P57 is finished.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 09, 2012, 05:28:01 AM
There's no reason not to make elevated CPs once P57 is finished.

Except for the part that CP Dev is already P57, and that would multiply the number of CPs by a factor of 3 when there's already 200+ planned.

Tabbing through 500+ puzzle pieces, let alone making them all? Sounds like a nightmare to me...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

True that. I'm already having trouble with converting the current 192 (for the record: I had no less than 414 planned at first), let alone making another adittional 400-500. That would make everyone's head go dizzy

Haljackey

Quote from: MandelSoft on July 09, 2012, 01:20:15 AM

You and your cosmetic pieces $%Grinno$%

I guess we all have our building styles. For me it's functionality first (getting the interchange to look right), then apply cosmetic pieces where I can.

Ryan B.

A while ago, I had posted a picture of a three-level cloverstack interchange using blahdy's Big Dig pieces.  I had an opportunity to smooth that out & extrapolate a bit today:

Thoughts / opinions?

mike3775

This is what I call a clusterf*** interchange because when I originally built the highway system, it started out as a T interchange between two RHW-10's, where the first N/S RHW-10 ended with the E/W RHW-10, but I observed that the sims maxed out both of those highways(the main High Density commercial district is the next city tile to the north)and many sims would take the RHW-10 that ended north then drive all the way across the TLA-7 in the Commercial city to the edge of that city and vice versa, so I built the bypass highway thats the farthest south first as a RHW-4 and had it end where the stadiums and development was, but that became blood red almost immediately, so I upgraded it to a RHW-6S, then 8S and then I decided to connect it to the interchange, and I really didn't want to bulldoze the stadiums and development, so I managed to come up with this clusterf*** interchange to connect all 3 highways together.

io_bg

After a long-ish break from SC4, I decided to start a new project. It's about developing a previously uninhabited island in my region. It'll be linked to the mainland by ferries, a motorway and rail bridges (at its western end which is not visible here). The main thoroughfares are a dual-carriage road without level crossings and a (mostly single-track) rail line.

This is the easternmost intersection before this motorway-like road ends in a town

A parclo, I had to use RHW-4 here because there are currently no diagonal avenue - MIS ramps. I still haven't put the FLUPs pieces under the RHW-4 in case you're wondering ;D.

There's currently one more intersection between these two which is a simple roundabout one.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Haljackey

Flatron

A small interchange from an MP I'm enrolled to at the moment. Hope you like it. :)