• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byr1al

Two large interchanges near a future harbour.

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: byr1al on July 08, 2013, 04:10:59 PM

The Horseshoe ramp is useless, because the previous one goes in the same direction.
Anyway they are complex and harmonious!!

P.S.: Use a max resolution of 1024x768 in the forum and a link for the highest one, probably the site give you a link for this.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

byr1al

You're right. The horseshoe ramp is useless. I hadnt seen that before now. But I'm gonna keep it anway, as I think it looks good  :satisfied:

And I've resized the images.

odrzutowiec

Hi all!
I've seen amazing intersections in this thread and wanted to share one rather ordinary.
Here is my 4 lvl stack (no eye-candy yet):

As You can see tunnel entrances on the upper side aren't there. Firstly, I made these tunnels way longer as I expected this stack will be bigger. That's why I just marked the entrance with stubs :( I've never built interchange this big !

Love the 5 to 3+3 FA splitter.

Hope You like it  ;D

josh6

link=topic=252.msg463132#msg463132 date=1372890909]
Here's one mess of an interchange I built today. Probably gonna re-do this interchange later &mmm

Don't re-do it! It looks pretty cool.

Heres an interchange of a 12ln turnpike resolving into 2 smaller highways

Ryan B.

Blowing the dust off of SC4 this evening, I've been able to come up with this nice rural parclo.  I apologize for the pause border & menu - I'm still a bit rusty.  What do y'all think?

[/img]

APSMS

Looks pretty good. I'd suggest combining the MIS into a RHW 2 for the intersection with the road to minimize stops for the exit (and add a bit of realism). Nicely sized as well.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

hkboondoggle

A compact Y-Interchange I'm using; not quite realistic but hey it works!

My 1st attempt in building full size interchange system.
Utilizing L1 overpass such that the slope is gentle enough to use existing curve pieces for the loop ramps. Stunted by the shear size though when I finished it (roughly 54x50 tiles)

tchaos713

@hkboondoggle: There's actually an interchange very similar to that one (albeit with some added ramps) in Pittsburgh - I-376 at Churchill/US-22/William Penn Highway. Aerial view is here.

I-376 (better known in Pittsburgh as the Parkway East), originally terminated at Beulah Rd in Churchill, merging with William Penn Highway, which took the flow of traffic into Monroeville towards the interchange with the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The extension from Churchill to the PA Turnpike was opened in 1962, but you can clearly see the original routing of the road.
Call me Daniel

eggman121

Very nice interchanges everybody  :thumbsup:

Here is a creative use of the DDI piece for creating a T-Bone interchange for a grade separated highway to a surface road

Here is the interchange close up

Keep up the great work!

-eggman121

Wiimeiser

I didn't know that piece existed (the splitter, not the DDI)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Haljackey

Very cool. Reminds me of something similar I built during the RHW 4.0 days

EDIT:

...That same junction later expanded and turned into a full DDI

Gugu3

the7train

Here are a couple interchanges I've worked on.

3 level 3 way stack interchange with left exits, over 23,000 cars use this interchange per day (morning commute usage: 11,000 from left to right, 5500 from left to down, and 5600 from right to down). The highway from down to right is a beltway with the highway from the left terminating at the beltway. As suburban communities grow I expect this interchange to get more usage from the main highway:

zoomed in:

And an old-fashioned cloverleaf with some extended merging lanes to help with weaving, about 12,000 cars use this interchange per day. Should the volume pick up, I may consider updating this to a clover stack:

Zoomed in:

Wiimeiser

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Last Exit to Springfield has some Dangerous Curves so keep Das Bus at 500 Keys or less. Thank you.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

hkboondoggle

2nd Trial in experimenting the RHW; Y interchange this time:

P.S - I wonder why the ramp & flexfly texture of mine is different from that of others, say Wiimeiser's above?

zwitser

I think he has the american skin? My fly looks like yours btw  &mmm

Indiana Joe

FLEX-Fly comes with stripes on the Euro and South African textures I believe.

Haljackey

Working on a pair of interchanges between a bridge:

Click for full size!

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.