• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Haljackey

I am working on retrofitting a interchange to prep for development. It is also the first time I use the FARHW/avenue intersection piece!

Click for full size!

What it used to look like

Still working on it. Avenue TuLEP has been added.

Pioneer

Quote from: Haljackey on September 25, 2013, 01:12:05 PM
I am working on retrofitting a interchange to prep for development. It is also the first time I use the FARHW/avenue intersection piece!

Click for full size!

On the side of the overpass, you can add tuleps that attach to the ramp

vinlabsc3k

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Haljackey

Quote from: Pioneer on September 25, 2013, 02:18:38 PM
On the side of the overpass, you can add tuleps that attach to the ramp

Actually I did that but I forgot to save :P

Anyways here it is completed (click images for full size.)

It was part of a bridge widening project: now 12 lanes.
-The water is murky due to a water pollution problem I am fixing.

The interchange on the other side had to be retrofitted as well, nothing as crazy though.

And a bonus image to the east. A little tight in terms of weave space but at least both EB lanes don't leave at once.

And what the heck, a bonus image to the west: daytime fireworks anyone? :P

Kitsune

I have a ton of interchanges to share...

First up is a Asymmetric Diamond...

And now for something that came out a bit complicated... Its the NE corner of the city - where an East-West expressway called the 103 connects the city to features far far away meets a L shapped ring road called the Langerhans Expressway.

First up is a Y interchange off of the Langerhans that connects the expressway into the Langerhans Road ... GPS always gets the two mixed up.

... Langerhans then continues into a high capacity interchange with the 103 ...

... That Y interchange earlier leads into a Parclo-like interchange with Third Avenue. This was the non-experssway alignment, and this interchange pre-dates the expressway and the Langerhans expressway ... although a few modifications have been made to it...

.. finally - the 103 and third avenue meet. As Third avenue whines its way through a industrial area - it was decided to put the expressway on a new alignment. The suburbs have nearly caught up since..

Also, here is an overview of this whole area:

~ NAM Team Member

Pioneer

An intersection I built near a downtown area.

No cars using it, but they'll use it very soon.

vinlabsc3k

@Kitsune: Nice interchange!! :thumbsup:

@Pioneer: Images are not visible. :'(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

MandelSoft

Simple, but effective...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

noahclem

Perfect roundabout exchange there Maarten and great work guys  &apls

Tarkus

I always enjoy browsing this thread, and seeing what cool things people do with the RHW. :thumbsup:

Here's one I recently did . . .

-Alex

spot

Here is something very similar to what you have Tarkus.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Tarkus on October 06, 2013, 03:12:44 PM
Here's one I recently did . . .

-Alex

Nice use of unreleased content.

Also, that's what I was talking about at ST when I mentioned L0 MIS intersections right next to ramps.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Haljackey

My completed interchanged now with eyecandy and encroaching development

Click pics for full size.

MageOfMystra

I built these recently, and wanted to show them off (click for full size):

A LHD three level turbine in the middle of nowhere:

A sorta four level stack actually in the middle of nowhere:

Haljackey

Interesting take on a stack. The median makes it stable enough to have crossovers. Nice work on that and the turbine too!  :thumbsup:

Kuewr665

Same interchange I showed earlier, landscaped and surrounded by development. At least until demand dropped.

TheOtherRick

This is nothing as complex and amazing as many of the posts here...just a little space saver that I thought looked kinda cool as well....

...that fits in my newest city here...

McDuell

At the risk of being repetitive, I also have to say that I see many great interchanges here.  :thumbsup:

@Haljackey: It's always a pleasure to look at your carefully planned highway systems. I especially like that you actually build cities around them; your RHWs seems so much alive when used by 'real' traffic. Something which I don't have the patience for.

@MageOfMystra: What a first post! A turbinestack and a 4 level stack interchange to start with. Nice work!

@Kuewr665: Nice T interchange! I like how you integrated a connection to the local roads.

While we are at stacks: I'm constantly trying to minimize the footprint of the stack interchange layout as far as the stability of the RHW allows.

In this variant, I moved all of the MIS to the inside of the stack. While the stack itself is pretty compact, the through lines blow up the width to 12 tiles, which lets the interchange look quite massive.

OK, next try. This time I could reduce the width to 8 tiles. (and I'm still experimenting ...)

And last, a somewhat different stack interchange. It doesn't always have to be RHW, especially since the OWR features wide radius curves now.

M.

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------