• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The "You Be the Critic" Thread

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 29, 2007, 06:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeviousTension

^^ Personally, I agree, that's a really interesting building. That's that hospital by LBT right?
If your fingers aren't bleeding, your not playing Sim City 4.

nerdly_dood

Light the lamps by wielding the wind!

Who dares to criticize?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Nealos101

For starters, I think those wind turbines being there surround by forest looks really unrealistic, par say becuase trees act as wind barriers and heavens to betsy those turbines would probably loose most of thier efficiency...

Godzillaman

Other than the wind turbines being suffocated, I'd say smooth out the road. The road looks smoother on the far side of the tunnel...unless the trees are hiding something... :D
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

DeviousTension

I disagree on the whole Wind Turbines thing, I think there is enough space to still get something and they are higher than the tree's I believe. Nice job.
If your fingers aren't bleeding, your not playing Sim City 4.

Ennedi

Time to revive this thread ;)

Here are two night seaport pics. Tell me please which one do you like more and why?
Or maybe I'm on the wrong way at all?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

JoeST

Quote from: Ennedi on September 09, 2008, 02:10:51 PM
Time to revive this thread ;)

Here are two night seaport pics. Tell me please which one do you like more and why?
Or maybe I'm on the wrong way at all?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Adam

I vote for pic 2, it seems more realistic when swapping between, probably because its darker and muggier the light cones on the land next to the boat are very bright though.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Ennedi

Thank you Joe!
Good point about lights  :thumbsup:. Unfortunately lightcones are very bright on the unedited picture too.

In my opinion streetlights should be made in completely different way: without lighcones, but with with a bright point (lamp) and a wide light circle on the ground, much more wide than we have now and with much more soft edge. Look please at Somy's lights on my pictures. They are visible on the ship, you can see some of them also near underground LNG tanks and under red-white cranes. As you see, they haven't lightcones at all and they look very good!

After reading your comment I made the next picture. It was done very quickly and it hasn't good quality, but I tried to make something with lights. Maybe something similar would look better?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

JoeST

I agree with you fully that the light cones are a bit to harsh, but knowing next to nothing about lighting (and batting in general ;D) you just taught me something :D :)

But I am going to complain and say your newfangled lighting is a little too diffuse :P

and the filters (or w/e they are, I am no good at photoshopping either) are still best on the second pic :) I think that is due to less saturation...

(big words for 1am :D)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

its all good there joe and I disagree  with joe about the second pic Adam as it seems to show off but to the point the lights are more brighter and now with the third one that you posted seems to be almost a realistic night pic with the lights dispersing just right...

Here is my pic i posted over at the pages but havent gotten no real feedback on it....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

gritt81

There is only 2 real issues I have with this pic.  1, most lakes I have ever seen do not look so square. ;)  And second, lakes are usally created with an inlet and outlet.  Unless this is an undergound spring, it should have a small creek running into it to keep it filled, otherwise it would eventually drain out.

Other than that I think its a great concept. &apls