• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fort Carlton: A City-state

Started by c-dodolez-man, October 26, 2008, 11:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c-dodolez-man

Fort Carlton

History:
   Fort Carlton started in the mid 1800's as a trading post along the James Carlton Trail, and began to prosper over the years into a thriving community of traders and entertainers. When the Industrial revolution came around, they built a sea-port on the coast, opening up for a more sophisticated trading network. Eventually, entrepreneurs came to sell, corporations came to stay, and manufacturers came to build. People built their homes, and the city grew out steadily along the river and lined the bay area, and all was well. Nearby, about 2 or 3 miles to be exact, another city began to build, farther down the river. From there, the original Fort Carton area began to slow, and nearby Hollander Valley erupted in a volley of skyscrapers and factories leaving Fort Carlton in the dust. Fort Carlton still grew though, but it will never be as prosperous as it was, and never as prosperous as Hollander Valley.

In 1992, Fort Carlton and Hollander Valley were combined into one region, and the two cities were now under the Fort Carlton name. Things continued, and Fort Carlton's industry began to pick up. Now, only time will tell us the tail of Fort Carlton.

Table of Contents:

The City-state of Fort Carlton, Governed by John Sutton

Contents:
Chapter 1: Fort Carlton and Industrial A (this page)

Chapter One: Fort Carlton and Industrial A
Fort Carlton, a bustling city of industry and residence, is growing, and we will first take you to the Port Area industrial district, Industrial Sector A.

The Industrial District borders right along with the residential neighborhoods, but a fine line between the two is drawn; PEG Artificial Trees, and a wall were erected by Mayor Veal to bring down pollution, and tame the industrial eyesore.

Bolts & Screws Inc. is one of the many factories that is near the wall, and trees were planted to make things look 'nicer'.

People have no problem living next to the Indrustrial sector, due to Mayor's efforts to make it so,

A Final zoomed out shot of Industrial Sector A, showing the port warehouses, and the factories.

kbieniu7

Well, nice start, but I think you should put seawalls at whole lenght of indutrial area near water. I hope you';; show more  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

c-dodolez-man

Quote from: kbieniu7 on October 26, 2008, 12:04:03 PM
Well, nice start, but I think you should put seawalls at whole lenght of indutrial area near water. I hope you';; show more  ;)

That is what I'm planning, I'll show you guys an updated picture with seawalls. And just a teaser:

Chapter 2: Central Fort Carlton (Coming Soon)

zakuten

Great start here, I especially like the idea to ring the industrial area with sight-walls. The only thing I could say is that maybe dirt roads are a little incongruous for a major industrial zone; but that's just personal opinion. Can't wait for more~! ;D
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Lilojame

Looks interesting. Good idea with those walls to separate the industry from homes.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)