• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Quote from: memo on September 23, 2012, 04:07:28 PM
Actually, the el-rail onslope piece has been colour corrected since 2007.

Yeah, been messing with bridges & slopes these days and couldn't remember which of the two it actually was.   ::)  :D

Anyhow, pretty neat this is taken care off.  ()stsfd()
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Wiimeiser

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we need more unrealistic stuff in the game. As said before:
Quotepink asphalt, purple concrete, blue inner(yellow in US) lines, green outer/middle(white in US) lines and gold sidewalks?
There's not a lot of "fantasy" stuff that isn't "medieval Tolkein fantasy". Car Jumps, Loop-the-Loop and a candy rock mod are about all I can think of...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 23, 2012, 07:01:20 PM
I guess what I'm trying to say is, we need more unrealistic stuff in the game.

Realistic or not, you STILL have to create a bajillion textures to pull it off.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Wthrwyz

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 23, 2012, 07:15:53 PM
Realistic or not, you STILL have to create a bajillion textures to pull it off.
Indeed. I started working on US-style textures for the T-RAM pieces a while ago and pretty much gave up before I even started once I realized just how many textures there are...and that's just a small subset of what would be needed for a complete re-texture. :o
Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.

Wiimeiser

Question: Are alternate FlexSPUI sizes, 1-ramp FlexSPUI and additional DDI pieces(like FlexDDI) planned? Not necessarily for this version, but do you have them in mind?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Different FlexSPUI variants are planned . . . not this release, and I don't know about 1-ramp versions.  Any future DDIs are probably going to be tied in with TuLEPs, so I don't see much being gained by making a Flex version, but we'll see when those get revisited further.

-Alex

Piteri

Why isn't there any road textures that show road improvements, we've all driven on roads and seen new asphalt laid down and the patchwork of grey black and something In between. Why doesn't anyone make something like this? It could be like the avenue tree mod but with various road maintenance features. It would make for a very realistic experience! (I don't see any perfect roads where I live unless they are under 3 years old)

MandelSoft

That's because:
1. For the NAM, it's functionality first. Cosmetics should be done by third party modders
2. It's hard to implement such feature, especially because it's based upon the age of the road, of which there are no properties available in the game coding.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

z

Quote from: Piteri on December 23, 2012, 02:25:00 AM
Why isn't there any road textures that show road improvements, we've all driven on roads and seen new asphalt laid down and the patchwork of grey black and something In between. Why doesn't anyone make something like this? It could be like the avenue tree mod but with various road maintenance features. It would make for a very realistic experience! (I don't see any perfect roads where I live unless they are under 3 years old).

There are such construction lots available on the STEX.

AngryBirdsFan436

Will the Road/Avenue/OWR viaducts be draggable next release or NAM 32? :)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

MandelSoft

The honest answer is that we don't know that at this point. You can plan a lot of things, but the realisation often shows that things turn out differently than expected...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

And for those who haven't seen yet . . . we can officially confirm this functionality for NAM 31.

Thanks to memo for another huge modding breakthrough, and to MandelSoft for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/v/YJIhHF7mwoc

-Alex

M4346

Quote from: Tarkus on January 09, 2013, 11:23:43 AM
And for those who haven't seen yet . . . we can officially confirm this functionality for NAM 31.

Thanks to memo for another huge modding breakthrough, and to MandelSoft for the video.

OMG. I just died. FINALLY! YAY! ;D

Although I can't wait for the Euro Texture Mod for the new dragable FAR :P

Great job everyone! I love it!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kj3400

Just when I think the NAM Team's played its entire hand, they pull an ace out their sleeve...
I might just be inclined to use FAR a lot more often now. :P
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

io_bg

Wow wow wow! I now cannot wait for the new NAM ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

NCGAIO

??? was in ST before but anyway a big joke on top of the guitar (6:00) ... curious to see what will be commented in the official site about it!

If there is no censorship (EA) of course!

mave94

Great work there! Making FAR-roads is so much easier now. :)

-Matthijs

FrankU

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

jmyers2043

:o  I watched the video and the first thing that came to my mind is the old Steppenwolf Song "Get your motor runnin' .. Head out on the highway"   :)   I'm ready for adventure with the new NAM.

Thanks for sharing - Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)