• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Yes, indeed, I was just referring to the new 45° curve itself. ;)

Swordmaster

Coming up. . .

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

art128

Quote from: Gugu3 on December 03, 2013, 08:57:42 AM
What's new Willy? ()what()

Diagonal to FA-Avenue

If I'm not mistaking.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Oh yeah you might be right Arthur!

Swordmaster

Kuewr665

Oh my gosh there were plenty of times I needed that piece so badly. I love it!

gn_leugim

nice!!  :thumbsup:

I wonder, is there any possibility that ave-far will ever be draggable? :p like roads are now

eugenelavery

I have heard that as part of the next NAM Moonlights ELR and Monorail Mod is being completed; meaning that ELR and Monorail will be able to cross RHW etc and keep its texturing.  Is this correct?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: gn_leugim on December 04, 2013, 04:26:41 AM

I wonder, is there any possibility that ave-far will ever be draggable? :p like roads are now

Hard to do because of the double-tile nature.  It's more likely that all the pieces will eventually be FLEXed.

Tarkus

Quote from: eugenelavery on December 07, 2013, 11:00:35 AM
I have heard that as part of the next NAM Moonlights ELR and Monorail Mod is being completed; meaning that ELR and Monorail will be able to cross RHW etc and keep its texturing.  Is this correct?

We've been working on it (I started on it, droric has taken over), but it's a surprisingly insane amount of work, and we can't make any guarantees.  If we assemble things the way Moonlinght did, we're talking about thousands of models.  The over-RHW models in the existing mods are pretty much useless as far as building compatibility with the newer RHW specs.

-Alex

eugenelavery

Quote from: Tarkus on December 07, 2013, 11:50:25 AM
Quote from: eugenelavery on December 07, 2013, 11:00:35 AM

We've been working on it (I started on it, droric has taken over), but it's a surprisingly insane amount of work, and we can't make any guarantees.  If we assemble things the way Moonlinght did, we're talking about thousands of models.  The over-RHW models in the existing mods are pretty much useless as far as building compatibility with the newer RHW specs.

-Alex

Thanks for the update and all of yours and droric's work. I never would have imagined it would be thousands of models!

gn_leugim

Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 07, 2013, 11:46:10 AM

Hard to do because of the double-tile nature.  It's more likely that all the pieces will eventually be FLEXed.

and therefore will have wealth textures right?  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: gn_leugim on December 09, 2013, 03:11:33 AM
Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 07, 2013, 11:46:10 AM

and therefore will have wealth textures right?  :thumbsup:

If it's FLEXed, then the game sees it at least partially as a draggable item once it's placed, so yes.  Another benefit to getting away from static PPs.  There was an attempt awhile ago to actually make FA-AVE draggable, but it was quite awkward to use (and the AVE Turning Lanes were playing interrupting cow with it).

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Do you have anything you could put into a new "secret weapon" video? Because it's about time, unless you plan to release before Christmas...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

gn_leugim

Quote from: Wiimeiser on December 09, 2013, 09:51:39 PM
Do you have anything you could put into a new "secret weapon" video? Because it's about time, unless you plan to release before Christmas...

lol  :D don't ask, just wait  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tarkus on December 09, 2013, 05:17:52 PM

If it's FLEXed, then the game sees it at least partially as a draggable item once it's placed, so yes.  Another benefit to getting away from static PPs.  There was an attempt awhile ago to actually make FA-AVE draggable, but it was quite awkward to use (and the AVE Turning Lanes were playing interrupting cow with it).

-Alex

Nice to know :)  :thumbsup: what are the other benefits by the way?  :-[

jmdude1

just curious, if FA AVEs are FLEXed, would we be able to intersect/cross them with other networks like streets, roads, and aves?

memo

Quote from: gn_leugim on December 10, 2013, 02:55:02 AM
what are the other benefits by the way?  :-[

and

Quote from: jmdude1 on December 10, 2013, 05:31:35 AM
just curious, if FA AVEs are FLEXed, would we be able to intersect/cross them with other networks like streets, roads, and aves?

If they are FLEXed or draggable, another advantage over static puzzle pieces is exactly this. You could build your FAAVEs first and later connect other intersecting networks (that is, eventually, when it gets implemented). If they were puzzle pieces, you would always have to demolish the previous puzzle piece, if you decide to build an intersection at some later point. It's similar as with draggable FAR. When it was introduced, it immediately supported everything that was possible with FAR puzzle pieces, and beyond that a variety of other intersections between FAR and Road or Street.

gn_leugim

roger roger! understood  :thumbsup: