• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CahosRahneVeloza

I know it's already been months since anyone posted any comment or reaction on this thread but I just wanted to ask something regarding the "Transit stations" part of the NAM package. I was wondering why this El-R on Road Station...

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/12345-nam-elevated-rail-station/

... didn't make the cut? I know according to most of the comments on the download page that it causes CTDs, but can't you guys SLURP it up?

z

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on April 13, 2014, 02:18:47 AM
I was wondering why this El-R on Road Station...

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/12345-nam-elevated-rail-station/

... didn't make the cut?

No particular reason; there are just a lot of stations out there.  Eventually, we'll SLURP them all.  But right now, there's only one SLURPer; that's me, and I've got to get an RTMT release out before I can get back to SLURPing.

QuoteI know according to most of the comments on the download page that it causes CTDs, but can't you guys SLURP it up?

Certainly.  Since there are so many stations that need SLURPing. when I get going again in this department, I'll probably set up a request thread for stations that people want to have SLURPed, and those will have the highest priority.

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: z on April 13, 2014, 04:51:55 AM
Certainly.  Since there are so many stations that need SLURPing. when I get going again in this department, I'll probably set up a request thread for stations that people want to have SLURPed, and those will have the highest priority.

That'd be fantastic. I'll definitely be watching out for such a thread then  :thumbsup:

CT14

Thanks for the FAR-2 system and the new intersections for all FAR, in update 31 - they solved one of the last problems remaining for modeling some cities.

Yild

Can someone point me location (file) and TGI of exemplars for puzzle pieces from rul0:

0x0504 to 0x0516 (advanced tuleps)
0x0B00 to 0x0B0F (glr in road)
0x1000 to 0x3030 (elevated highway-road)
0x1010 to 0x3130 (ground highway-road)
0x4023 to 0x4033 (str fa3 orthogonal rail)
(there are more but I will just stick for this list for the moment)

I don't know if correct is assumption that every puzzle piece listed in rul0 can be placed in game, I'm trying to add NAM support in my program (damn manager) but I was unable to locate some exemplars for entries above - I was trying to find exemplars in all files within NAM installation folder by ID 0x6a470000+value, by Piece ID, AutoTileBase - no luck, it is like there was entry but element to place is missing.

Can someone help ?
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

jdenm8

Any RUL0 entry preceded by a ; is commented out and generally only present for H3ID reservation purposes. Generally the files for these pieces, if they exist, are not in the public release of the NAM.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Yild

Quote from: jdenm8 on April 18, 2014, 08:10:31 PM
Any RUL0 entry preceded by a ; is commented out and generally only present for H3ID reservation purposes. Generally the files for these pieces, if they exist, are not in the public release of the NAM.

I'm not talking about obvious things, entries above are not commented (disabled).

jdenm8

Right sorry :-[

The 0500 Tab Ring's files aren't in the Public NAM. It's skipped by the game because the Button Exemplar files are missing.

Same goes for the 0B00 Ring, but I don't know if these exist at all. Looks like something that should be revisited.

I don't know what's up with those Highway Ramps in the 1000 Range. If you have Project Symphony installed, the ring may be disabled.

The 4023 Ring is in the same state as the 0500 ring. The files for these do exist, but are incomplete.

Yild

Ok, thanks, any branch for which exemplar 0x6A470000 + value doesn't exist is 'hidden' from the users and shouldn't be available for use.

I might have some questions later ;)

Edit: THAT WOULD BE TO EASY TO BE TRUE!!!  :'(

ok, just one example: 0x400 branch (basic tuleps):
if we assume as above this branch is invisible... but if we look closer we will find that exemplar 0x6534284a, 0x2a3858e4, 0x6a4704e0 is one holding 'item button id' prop with value 0x6a470400
04e0 is not even in rotationring :P

so now... now to retrieve all branches visible for 'public' I must search for any exemplar within 0x6a47000 and 0x6a47fff range, check if it holds 'item button id' property...  damn... this will increase scanning time significantly :/

Edit2: ok... its not that time consuming than I anticipated ;)

found 79 exemplars within 0x6a47000-0x6a47fff range
of which 77 items have 'button id property'
0x6a472000 and 0x6a472010 overrides T intersections buttons from simcity_1.dat

Brockist

Have we heard anything about smooth curves for El-Rail / GLR?
Would go great with a new El-Rail car design that I'm working on, it's one longer car that doesn't work well with the sharp curves :/ Also, the unrealistic sharp curves for the 90 degree puzzle pieces are.... unrealistic!  :D

jdenm8

Are you talking about the curves on the new ElRail over Avenue/RD-4 pieces? Because they're exactly the same diameter as the tight curves on Chicago's El Network.

z

Quote from: jdenm8 on April 27, 2014, 12:24:15 AM
Are you talking about the curves on the new ElRail over Avenue/RD-4 pieces? Because they're exactly the same diameter as the tight curves on Chicago's El Network.

Yes, I can still hear that screeching now... ::)

APSMS

Possibly. I'd have been referring to the actual GLR 90o puzzle piece, though (if it was me), since that piece is very sharp, the dual 45o method is generally unsatisfactory, and it's be kind of nice to even have a 2x2 smooth curve piece as that would at least present some uniformity among the various rail networks. From what I understand it's easier to implement this with the GLR, though certainly now that the 3d files have been made (for el-rail) maybe it would make a RRW-like effort on the 90o curves much easier...maybe a simple porting of the model, and a shift of the path files (those are referenced by x,y,z coords, right?) would be all that's necessary? I'm not sure of the coding necessary to replace the 45o curves by a new reference for two of them together, though...
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Brockist

I was thinking more of like a puzzle piece for the normal El-Rail / GLR. Not in street / avenue or over street / avenue.

Brockist

Quote from: APSMS on April 27, 2014, 12:52:30 AM

Possibly. I'd have been referring to the actual GLR 90o puzzle piece, though (if it was me), since that piece is very sharp, the dual 45o method is generally unsatisfactory, and it's be kind of nice to even have a 2x2 smooth curve piece as that would at least present some uniformity among the various rail networks. From what I understand it's easier to implement this with the GLR, though certainly now that the 3d files have been made (for el-rail) maybe it would make a RRW-like effort on the 90o curves much easier...maybe a simple porting of the model, and a shift of the path files (those are referenced by x,y,z coords, right?) would be all that's necessary? I'm not sure of the coding necessary to replace the 45o curves by a new reference for two of them together, though...
Yes almost exactly, kinda like the smooth curves for Rail except a bit more compact for use in cities.

memo

Quote from: APSMS on April 27, 2014, 12:52:30 AM

This has been planned – however, ensuring compatibility with draggable GLR makes this a not at all that trivial project. If this gets implemented at some point, it is likely that the entire lightrail network needs to be given an overhaul, like what the RRW is doing for the rail network.

cirocirociro

You did a great job with new NAM but, in my opinion, it have a "problem" if we can call like that:

May I suggest to drop down the brightness of euro textures?they appear too much clean and bright than American's ones

dragonshardz

Quote from: z on April 13, 2014, 04:51:55 AM

No particular reason; there are just a lot of stations out there.  Eventually, we'll SLURP them all.  But right now, there's only one SLURPer; that's me, and I've got to get an RTMT release out before I can get back to SLURPing.

QuoteI know according to most of the comments on the download page that it causes CTDs, but can't you guys SLURP it up?

What the deuce is SLURP?

Tarkus

SLURP is the Station Locator, Updater, and Reconstruction Project.  The term is used to refer to modified settings for third-party transit stations, designed to meet with NAM standards, as produced by the NAM Team's Mass Transit Authority (MTA) group.  Since NAM 32, the NAM installer will detect third-party stations in your plugins folder, and, if a SLURP update is available, it'll install it for you.

Our process of upgrading a station to these new standards is referred to in verb form as "SLURPing".

-Alex

packersfan

Any plans to expand FAR and FARR in the future to include more and more angles?  Is there a limitation?  Am I hoping for too much?

Currently there is FAR 2 which shifts 1 tile every 2 tiles and FAR 3 which shifts 1 tile every 3 tiles.  I extensively use the step method in my cities and it would be great to someday be able to shift to FAR for these roads but often my steps are not FAR 2 or FAR 3, but more like FAR 4, FAR 5, FAR 10.  Is it possible?  Could a new FAR angle be introduced each version?

I ask only because I know you guys are SUPER AMAZING and it seems like every day more and more is possible.

Anyway, that is one thing I would love to see in the future of FAR.