• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Whoa!  :o Awesome!!! :D  I could really use these because I often like having really smooth 45-degree curves. I usually have the road transition from ortho to FA-2 to diagonal to achieve a wider curve radius.

Two thumbs up!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And...  &apls
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

Wow!Eggman that is fantastic!it will be a grwat addition...did you get inspired making those wide radius curves for RRW? :P

eggman121

Thanks for the compliments!  :thumbsup:

Well the textures are not final but I was able to whip this up in less than an hour  ;D

NWM Transtions from single to dual tile anyone  ::)

-eggman121

APSMS

Ooooh! Like, maybe NRD-4 to Avenue?  :popcorn:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

compdude787

Nice new piece here! I'm sure we could all make good use of such a thing!

Quote from: APSMS on October 28, 2015, 08:39:15 AM
Ooooh! Like, maybe NRD-4 to Avenue?  :popcorn:

Yes, I second that! Currently, that really is a missing feature IMO. Also, a TLA-3 to TLA-5 transition would be nice as well.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

Eggman121,

FANTASTIC and GREAT to see further development.  Thank you for all you creativity and hard contribution.  Something I have ALWAYS been wishing for is AVE6/7 Gentle Curves so we do not have to use RHW6C FAR pieces.  My point is would be nice to show on the Transit Mode the same color for ALL Avenues (WHITE) even with the curves.

dyoungyn

j-dub

Is that built from the one Tarkus made before? Also, a NRD-4 to Ave would be great as previously stated.

eggman121

Quote from: j-dub on October 28, 2015, 07:37:19 PM
Is that built from the one Tarkus made before? Also, a NRD-4 to Ave would be great as previously stated.

Nah, I made the textures from scratch  ;D

With Rivit's Texture bender, GIMP and Paint.net (The tools I use) I can pretty much make any transit texture. So the sky is the limit for me!  :D

There will be more on this front so I will keep everyone posted.  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

Gugu3

dyoungyn

WOW!!!  So is it possible to make FAR/Curves for AVE 6/7 gentle curves that will show up as Avenues in the transit mode?

Quote from: eggman121 on October 28, 2015, 09:13:28 PM
Quote from: j-dub on October 28, 2015, 07:37:19 PM

Nah, I made the textures from scratch  ;D

With Rivit's Texture bender, GIMP and Paint.net (The tools I use) I can pretty much make any transit texture. So the sky is the limit for me!  :D

There will be more on this front so I will keep everyone posted.  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

Tarkus

The recent developments in the RHW thread have infiltrated the Elevated Road Viaducts . . .

-Alex

Gugu3

Getting better and better... :P

jessilaurn

Is anyone working on an equivalent to the B2 and A2 turnout puzzle pieces for viaduct rail?  They're the one real shortfallings in the viaduct rail offerings....

Gugu3

Hi jessilaurn!
Think they are going to be taken care of at some point!I remember seeing a post in the RRW thread a while ago...
For this kind of questions on RRW I suggest you write in that thread which is specifically focused on rails :thumbsup:

mgb204

Quote from: jessilaurn on December 09, 2015, 08:06:32 AM
Is anyone working on an equivalent to the B2 and A2 turnout puzzle pieces for viaduct rail?  They're the one real shortfallings in the viaduct rail offerings....

These pieces will be altered to adjust the turning radius. In the interim, replacement RRW textures are included in Rivit's RUM for RRW package.

jessilaurn

Thank you both, Gugu3 and mgb204. :)

jessilaurn

Next query:  bridges, HSR, and BTM.

There's a plethora of HSR bridges... rather nice ones, in fact.  But it's also understood that HSR is developmentally dead, in favour of BTM (a bit of a shame that, for a variety of reasons, but that's another matter).  Is there any possibility that the NAM Team would be willing to retexture some of these bridges for BTM? 

As a side note:  the Putrajaya Monorail Bridge does retexture for BTM... except for a 10-meter segment at the anchorage, which remains stubbornly monorail.  Just a note for the developers.

Tarkus

BTM development is mostly limited to compensating for the liability of it being designed to pre-P57 specs with its RHW crossings.  I don't think there's much planned for it besides that.  The whole Monorail/HSRP/BTM situation is still unsettled, though there had been recent plans for an RRW-spec HSRP, called RHSR (Real High Speed Rail).

-Alex

eggman121

I should probably have a word here.

There are plans to make the monorail network a higher speed rail network.

As with most of the NAM I think what we are trying to implement is some form of simplification of standards so new members can make content with available resources.

The Real High Speed Rail will basically be a higher speed version of the RRW and will be cross compatible in the future since monorail traffic can run on the rail network but not the other way around.

The textures and turnouts will be easy but many users would like catenaries but they are hard to make and T21. In short I can't do it alone. I don't have that much time.

The RHSR will be defaulted to L0 and overrides will be implemented for L1 and L2 networks.

Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion with the whole monorail/BTM/RHSR network.

-eggman121

mgb204

Quote from: eggman121 on January 18, 2016, 01:29:53 PM
As with most of the NAM I think what we are trying to implement is some form of simplification of standards so new members can make content with available resources.

The Real High Speed Rail will basically be a higher speed version of the RRW and will be cross compatible in the future since monorail traffic can run on the rail network but not the other way around.

The textures and turnouts will be easy but many users would like catenaries but they are hard to make and T21. In short I can't do it alone. I don't have that much time.

Since it's still in the planning stages, there is an obvious solution to many of these problems. If you look at the ID scheme for SAM for example, each of the SAM networks use the same IDs with one digit defining the particular SAM network. Should a similar thing occur for any RRW based monorail implementation, crossover of T21s and the like would be a breeze, little more than re-numbering the IDs from RRW in a logical fashion. How possible this would be, I can't say, especially considering that required overhauling the original IDs in use.

However, I do like the idea of Monorail being able to run alongside rail, with similar textures and the option to share stations with regular lines. Such crossover would finally enable the monorail/HSR to work in tandem with rail, whilst having dedicated high speed lines for the faster trains only. This would be much more similar to how these things work in the real world.