• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

yes it would, however my external hard drive is out of commision at the moment and has all the files on it :'(

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the chip, and the hard drive is OK, but need to get a new one.  I was going to do up the textures for you once I got the hard drive back up and running.  If you have the textures for the intersections you could email them to me (I think you have my hotmail address) and I'll put it together.

Andreas

Uhh, that's too bad - I hope you get the HD back up and running soon. You could try to put it in your PC case (usually, external HDs are standard IDE or S-ATA drives) and copy the data over to your internal HD. Ok, then I'll have a look which textures are needed and send you some Euro templates instead.
Andreas

jplumbley

@Andreas  Do you have an existing template for the Euro Textures?  I can make overlays out of them for use with the SAM and then I can start making the Euro Textures as we go.  That may be a simple way to do it and we can build it into the installer so that it is a selectable choice to have Euro Textures or Regular Textures with a radial button.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

I've got a laptop, not a PC  :D.  In fact, the harddrive came from my last laptop which died when I threw coffee on it.  &hlp

Jason: I was going to drag the textures out of the Euro Mod to do, but as above, the external drive failed this morning.  Fortunatly I have sent you most of what I have done, so didn't lose too much.

jplumbley

Quote from: Diggis on October 05, 2007, 06:59:24 AM
I've got a laptop, not a PC  :D.  In fact, the harddrive came from my last laptop which died when I threw coffee on it.  &hlp

Jason: I was going to drag the textures out of the Euro Mod to do, but as above, the external drive failed this morning.  Fortunatly I have sent you most of what I have done, so didn't lose too much.

Thats good!!  Do you think it is possible to get the PEGs Dirt Roads and Torolcas Dirt Streets, along with the SAM Euro done by the date quoted to you earlier?  It gives us some time, if not we can get as far as we can on the SAM Euro done by that time and still be ready.  You dont have to worry as much about the SAM Euro, it is easy for me to copy/paste the Euro overlays, but for all the new stuff you make, lets make both Euro and Regular textures for easier implementation.

As I showed in the SAM thread, I do have the Roundabouts ready, for Cobblestone, Herringbone and Aspahlt texture sets.  I can send you the PSD files if you'd like to see if you can get the Gravel and Dirt ones ready.  Later tonight or maybe tomorrow, I will gather everything that I have and send it to you again Diggis.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

excellent.  I emailed you the PNG overlays for the dirt roads, with AVE, OWR and Road intersections done.  It came from work, so might be in your Junk Mail.

Luckily this is all I had done, before the hard drive stopped, so I have a copy of it.  If you send me Trolcas FSH files again, i can start work in the mean time while I get the hard drive sorted.

Andreas

I asked frimi about templates for the Euro textures, but he said that he doesn't have any - I guess he simply copied the same dashed white lines over and over again when new textures were out. Currently, I'm quite busy since tomorrow the local observatory (where I'm one of the staff members) celebrates the annual astronomy day and the 50th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik 1. If you want, just extract the Euro textures from the ERTM yourself; I figure that you only need a handful of textures to create some templates for the SAM (straight, T intersection, 4-way intersection etc.). I won't be home for most of the day tomorrow, but if you have any questions, post them here or fire me a mail/PM.
Andreas

Filasimo

hey Andreas that sounds pretty cool hope ya take some pics to show if something cool comes up during the engagement  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Andreas

Actually, I'm creating something "cool" right now - more of that later, and not in this thread. ;)
Andreas

Crissa

Sputnik day isn't as fun as the celebrations for Yuri's day.  Less getting drunk and singing songs and more math. ^-^

...At least, that's how it was here.

Also, you promised me some textures to bang on :P

-Crissa

Palpatine001

Alright Andreas - now you have me waiting in suspense on the latest offering for NAM

(Will it solve my crap transit problems in Solaria - who knows)

But as for the pass overs at the top of the page - yay, something a little more realistic and seen in NZ  :thumbsup:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Diggis

Quote from: Andreas on October 05, 2007, 01:56:35 PM
I asked frimi about templates for the Euro textures, but he said that he doesn't have any - I guess he simply copied the same dashed white lines over and over again when new textures were out. Currently, I'm quite busy since tomorrow the local observatory (where I'm one of the staff members) celebrates the annual astronomy day and the 50th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik 1. If you want, just extract the Euro textures from the ERTM yourself; I figure that you only need a handful of textures to create some templates for the SAM (straight, T intersection, 4-way intersection etc.). I won't be home for most of the day tomorrow, but if you have any questions, post them here or fire me a mail/PM.

Was it just the roads that were effected by the Mod?

toxicpiano

Quote from: Dexter on October 03, 2007, 09:34:53 AM
Those viaducts look great! Maybe someone could make some TE shops or warehouses with jobs to fit "under the arches", which is a common sight in the UK.
Rather late to be quoting, but that's exactly what I was thinking  :)
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

JoeST

Some suggestions for puzzle peices (for purely eycandish use):

slow road markings:

(EDIT: OMG, wow its already been done, (damn welsh) )

speed camera warnings, and full width rumble strips.

also speed bumps and road width limmiters (a curb that extends over a whole lane to stop traffic flowing one way)

Another thing that would be marvellous would be a texture rework of some of the puzzle pieces. just because some look odd

and can you have dynamic texturing on puzzle pieces, that follow the textures of the pieces next to them IE the GLR under road doesnt follow the textures of the glr, it has grass around it even in inner city...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Shadow Assassin

It should be possible, I'd think. Looks like we'll have to look into it some more.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

Could you possibly divulge what could be possible?? There were more than one ideas in that post  ???... lol

Joe

Shadow Assassin

The SLOW lots would probably end up being transit-enabled, since they're just 1x1 lots.

The retexturing of the puzzle pieces... that is being considered and will probably be worked on soon.

Dynamic texturing: it may be possible.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

Thanks, about the slow lots, i though the NAM team was dead against TE lots... lol

WOOO re texturing, that's good to here, having OCD doesn't really help

Joe

DFire870

The SLOW lots probably wouldn't be made as an official part of the NAM, just like the traffic control lots by bigredfish (no trucks, no cars, etc.)
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Jonathan

QuoteThanks, about the slow lots, i though the NAM team was dead against TE lots... lol
lol, TE lots are only for certain things.