• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Yeah my friend..., great update again!!! Fantastic work!!!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Weird, how did I fail to mention that those night shots are fantastic?  Great job as always!

cubby420

Well, the only historical issue I'd take with your time-line is that the United States has not had a military draft since 1973, when the program was axed in favor of an all volunteer military. Unlike even many European nations, there is no requirement for military service in the United States. Men ages 18-25 still need to register with the Selective Service Program in the unlikely contingency of an emergency draft, though the chances of that happening are effectively zero.

Oh, and one more thing. A federal level vote in the United States would look more like this example from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 passed by the 111th Congress (emergency stimulus package after the 2008 financial meltdown for those who don't know):

Passed in the House of Representatives 246 : 183
Passed in the Senate: 60 : 38
Signed into Law by President Barack Obama on February 17, 2009

Wow, how's that for nitpicking eh?  :D Those night pics are beautiful! Keep up the good work.

canyonjumper

CSGforums

Nick (CoastRunner): Thanks Nick! I'd link you the buildings, but ST is down again. Just search 'goofyguytpa' on the STEX.

Greg (Towncrafter): The West Coast is due for a major earthquake within the next 50 years, so I figured that I should factor it in :)

Kristian (AcoG000): Thanks! Hope you like these just as much ;D

SC4Devotion

Raphael (RickD): Glad you found that amusing ;D

Matthijs (MrMAvE94): Glad you enjoyed that ;D Whether we actually do keep existing remains to be seen :P (Personally I think 2012 won't happen)

Will: Well, the church is from Berlin :P

Nego: I never said it was a car. The bomb was strapped to the bomber ;D

nbvc: Thanks!

Framly: Glad you liked it!

GreekMan: No, I haven't read that, I may have to give it a go ;D And the San Diego, San Francisco area is a ticking time bomb.... (metaphorically, of course)

Terring7: Thanks!

bat: Thanks! I've been taking more them lately ;D

Ioan (io_bg): Thanks! Seem like everyone likes the night shots :)

Tomas (Tomas Neto): Thanks Tomas! Glad you liked it ;D

Battlecat: Another night shot lover! ;D Thanks BC.

Andrew (cubby420): In this timeline, the draft wasn't abolished until recently, as succeeding Presidents after Nixon had fears of another secession, and so kept the army on alert at all times. Only when President Kurt McDale felt that secession wasn't an issue anymore was it abolished. And thanks for the vote info, I'll edit that into the last update.

Well, it's been awhile, and I thought I should show what I've been doing lately, which is working on Burnaby's CBD. Now, I've got another mosaic ready, but I've blacked out parts that aren't done yet. For those of you who requested links to content I've shown, you'll get them as soon as ST is back and I've figured out the layout :P Alrighty, time for the pics! As per my usual, all pics are available in a larger 1440 width. Yes, even the mosaic, which is bigger than last time ;D

38-01
Starting at Burnaby's Industrial Park, this mosaic goes right through the CBD and all the way to the European district (Quartier européen). The Browne Expressway (top) runs through the entire Fraser District, and runs along the Fraser river at which point it becomes a rural 2+1 road, which continues all the way to Atlin, in the province of Stikine. Most of the traffic in Burnaby has dissipated as the city has improved their underground subway stations and has implemented stricter fines on gasoline-powered vehicles. This is most visible in the Quartier européen, where residents don't often need their vehicles, as amenities are either in their building or underground. And there's a white line.... Just ignore it :P

38-02
At night, Holmes Park honours Robert Holmes, the first Prime Minister of Cascadia. The green plaza is a popular meeting place, as well as for public events and markets.

38-03
A part of the Burnaby Industrial Park. Yes, this is indeed the first industrial area I've shown to you guys in this UB/MD.

I've been looking at AntigOne recently, and I've been looking forward to the recent developments in MMPs by Badsim, Orange_o, and the rest of the team. In light of this, I'm going to be working on a rural area again, but I'll need your input, because I want to take it in a different direction than I usually do. I hope you guys enjoyed this update, and please, don't be shy, comment!

Your friend,
                                    Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tomas Neto

Wow..., really very nice city, Jordan!!!  :thumbsup:
Fantastic your mosaic, my friend!!!

peter007

scott1964

Nice. Now the question.  :P How did you get the double turn lanes and the that turns but there is no street to turn too?  ()what()

Kevin1a

I like those under-RHW parking lots.  Very urban looking.  Really nice mosiac too. (the first one)

Edit: also, do you mind telling me where you found that roundabout filler with the arrows around the outside of the centre island?  I keep seeing it.  No need to PM me, I'm happy to wait until the next update.

RickD

Fantastic update. The elevated highway is very cool. Too bad the parking lots do not fit perfectly with the ERHW but still it looks a thousand times better than with just green space under it.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

penguin007

Great update the lots underneath the ERHW look great as RickD said. Can't wait for more!!

Will

kwakelaar

A great looking mosaic, the squares you have created are very well done. I especially like the one at the end of the bridge with the small fire station at its centre.

nbvc

cubby420

Well I stand corrected. My bad.  ;) 

A very colorful and well thought out update. I think I'm gonna have to try those under highway pieces with ERHW now! I never knew you could do that and make it look so good! I like your use of canals as well.

noahclem

Great update Jordan! I really like that plaza, the canals, and the under ERHW parking lots  :thumbsup:

No worries about the little white line! My last teaser has one on the upper righthand side as well ;)

nedalezz

The CBD looks great!

Its very well worked - the focus on details is very evident with each picture, whether is the lots underneath the highway, the canals, the plazas, or the way the commercial flows into industrial, its all done impeccibly :)

Nego

Great update! :thumbsup: I really like the parking area underneath the ERHW. :) All of the greenery looks really nice, too. ;) I hope to find out what those blacked-out areas are soon. ;D Can't wait for the next update!

canyonjumper

CSGforums

Josh (Cheeseguy 93): Thanks Cheesey!

Greg (Towncrafter): Thanks Greg! I figured it was about time for some industry ;D

sepen77: I'm glad you think so ;D Most of my cities are entirely plopped, but the odd few are a mix of plop and grow. Hope you like this teaser!

gorbag: Thanks gorbz!

SC4Devotion

Tomas (Tomas Neto): Thanks Tomas! Glad you enjoyed it ;D

Ernst (peter007): Thanks Peter!

Scott (scott1964): Thanks Scott! I'm not sure what you mean, maybe circle it in the picture?

Kevin (Kevin1a): Thanks Kevin! I've had the underpass lots in my menu for awhile, and they were just begging to be used ;D As for the roundabout, it can be found in this pack.

Raphael (RickD): Yeah, I didn't think a green space would look all that appealing, and this is better than nothing. I was considering PS'ing it, but I was already tired and lazy :P

Will (penguin007): Thanks Will!

Gjermund (kwakelaar): Thanks! I'm happy you liked them ;D

nbvc: I figured it was about time :)

Andrew (cubby420): It's not your fault, I haven't written it online yet, it's just sitting on my notepad :P

Noah (noahclem): Thanks Noah, I'm glad this pic doesn't have one :D

Nedal (nedalezz): Thank you very much Nedal, I'm glad you think so ;D

Nego: Thanks Nego! You'll find out what the blacked-out parts are later, but for now have a look at this teaser... ;D

Teaser 18

So, it's been almost a month and you guys must have wondered what happened to me ;D Well, I've been extremely busy in that thing called RL. I've been tied up with personal stuff lately, and I'm still trying to get it sorted out. So I had a few hours yesterday, and I decided to play a bit of SC4, because I don't want Cascadia to be thrown into the black hole known as the Archives :P Anyways, here is the long overdue teaser! As always, click the pic for a larger version.

T18-01
What? CJ has another rural area?! Yeah, you better believe it :P This tile was just to tide me over until VIP releases their Rural Pack (which looks sooo good! ;D ).

Until next time, au revoir!

Your friend,
                                         Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Reikhardt

Nice teaser Jordan, I love the way you fences follow the curve of the road! Simple but effective  :)

io_bg

Nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle with the VIP rural pack :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

Wow Jordan, awesome teaser my friend!!!   :thumbsup: