• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Framly

Great Pictures! I'm a bit proud to find my winefields in Cascadia(41.05) ;)

The Canals looks great, but where did you find this beautiful Canal Set..i hope you remember * :)*

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Exla357

Awesome is indeed correct!  &apls The realism of this area is unsurpassed. That is a very creative FLUP interchange, and your use of NAM networks only adds to it!  :thumbsup:
Alas, two suggestions  ::)
1) It seems that some of your props from the AVE-2 median aren't showing up. I have the same mod, and have noticed that you must zoom out/zoom in several times for all of the T-21's to appear. I'm not sure why though....could be an nVIDIA graphics card error. ()testing()
2) I think you could could benefit from the use of some traffic generators......the one thing that bothers me from these pics is the lack of cars...but that's just me.

Otherwise, fantastic update! Hopefully chapter 2 isn't too far away!
-Alex

PS: School's already over for me! Ha! JK  ;)

peter007

Great update.
I'm glad that you have a new update.
Seriously I was going to miss you  :P

-Ernst

canyonjumper

Just posting a small update of why I seem to be nonexistent :P I'm on holidays, and I have no wifi or cell service :( I'm current in the Merritt town library hijacking their wifi :P back home tomorrow for a day and a half, then I'm going to the Porteau Cove for another week. So I'm probably not going to be available for awhile at least. Sorry for the delay guys.

Your friend,
                                            Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

noahclem

No worries buddy, enjoy your vacation! SimCity and SC4D will be even sweeter after a nice summer break  ;)

And of course I'll look forward to the next time you're able to share your work  ;D

Exla357

I will ditto Noah to the letter :)

-Alex

EDIT: Wait just a second. Noah, what do you mean by "SimCity and SC4D will be even sweeter after a nice summer break?"
*COUGH*NAM Release*COUGH*  :D
Only time will tell...

travismking

I just now looked at update 41, and I have to say 41-05 Gives me a REALLY good idea for compact interchanges, I like this a lot, very creative

rooker1

Nice update.
I like the dirty canal.  Whose is it?
Great idea with the RHW and that intersection.  I may try to incorporate that one in my city.  Thanks in advance. :P ;)
Great work all around.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

canyonjumper

Just a little something to prove I'm still around ;D

Your friend,

marsh

dedgren

That is an incredibly well- conceived and truly awesome map, Jordan.  Just like the rest of your MD, I might add.

It's always great to drop in for a look.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

nedalezz

That is an AWESOME map!

Cant wait to see what you have in store for us!

You might want to take a look at my new project, if you havent already, I think you would be interested :)

bat

It's great to see you back!
And wonderful work on that map!

canyonjumper

CSGforums

Greg (Towncrafter): Robert's right, the AVE-2 median is from here. I believe that crop is roses ;D

Gorbag: lol, glad that works for you :P

Robert (sepen77): Thanks ;D

SC4Devotion

Greg (Towncrafter): Robert's right, the AVE-2 median is from here. I believe that crop is roses ;D

bat [1]: Thanks ;D

Nedal (nedalezz) [1]: Thank you very much! No story yet, but I do have the next chapter partly written.

Noah (noahclem) [1]: Thanks Noah!

nbvc: Thank you ;D

Reikhardt: Why thank you ;D

Silvio (Rayden): I've got a present for you. I had to go searching through the mess that is the internet to refind them so you're welcome ;D

Nego: lol, all the 'awesome's are appreciated :P

Framly: You've got a great set of wine fields there ;D Guess the present is for you too :P

Alex (Exla357) [1]: Pretty sure it's a graphics card fail, cuz I've got all the dependencies. And I do have traffic generators, but the set I've got I have to hide because they're an eyesore in my lovely cities :P If you can recommend a better set, then by all means, let me know ;D

Ernst (peter007): Hope you didn't miss me too much :P

Noah (noahclem) [2]: That would be now ;D

Alex (Exla357) [2]: NAM release? I wish, that'd be awesome ;D

Travis (travismking): Good to know that inspired people ;D

Robin (rooker1): Thanks a lot Robin ;D Take a look at Silvio and Framly's present, I think you'll like it too :P

Marshall (marsh): Why thanks ;D

David (dedgren): Thanks David, always a pleasure to have you here ;D

Nedal (nedalezz) [2]: Thanks Nedal, glad you liked it! Great project you've got there, btw ;D

bat [2]: Thanks bat ;D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.: If I've got your name wrong, or you want it up here, just PM me ;D

Well, it's been awhile since the last full update (3 months ago :shocked2:), and I know I keep saying this but I'm sorry it's taking so long. Back at the end of June, I uh... somehow broke my laptop's battery conduit.... so that was out of commission until a week or so ago when the replacement part finally came. So now I'm gonna try and make up for lost time with this update. I've got two places (urban Riversyde and rural Summerland) ready to be shown, and I've got some PhotoShop work and pictures from my vacation to show you guys as well.

School starts for me on Tuesday (September 6), and it's gonna be a great year, I'm in grade 12 and I've only got 3 classes per semester, so that'll be nice. My girlfriend's in 2 of three classes, so that's awesome. And even better news, I was just told that I'm going to Paris in March, as an early grad present from my grandma (only catch is that my mom comes too :() so that'll be awesome ;D

Anyways, I think it's time for some pictures! As always, click for full res.

42-01
This first mosaic is of Riversyde. I've used spa's town homes here in an effort to replicate how some of the houses are situated near downtown Vancouver. As you can see, I also used those canals again, as they are very awesome ;D

42-02
Just a rotated view of pretty much the same area. Notice the underground mall at the top ;D

42-03
Now we switch to Summerland, a pleasant hamlet in the middle of the Okanagan Valley in Fraser. I switch to a different canal set here, a more rural set. I also use the SPAM a lot here, particularly the SPAR and SPIC. I thought it turned out quite nice, but of course, I'm biased :P

42-04
I've used the RPK river set here, which I've never used before, so I hope you guys like that. Also there is the PEG Geothermal Plant and the Nexis water pump.

42-05
Super compact interchange is back! :P

42-06
Here's the village part, all nicely cobbled ;D

42-07
This last mosaic stretches from the RPK falls through Summerland and to some farmland.

42-10
We switch now to a series of maps of Cascadia. This first one is of the major highways in the country.

42-11
Here we have an animated GIF of an alternate alternate history of Cascadia :P

42-12
The Cascadian Embassy in Washington, D.C., U.S.A. (A cookie to whoever finds where that building is in RL)

42 13-16
A few signs I fixed in PhotoShop.

42-17
Now for the vacation pics. I've selected a few out of the hundreds :P This first one is of Brandywine Falls near Whistler. Battlecat recommended a visit and I thank him for that, I got some cool pics of the volcanic features ;D

42-18
This one is of Daisy Lake from near the top of the falls.

42-19
This is right beside the falls.

42-20
These next two are buildings in Whistler, which were very nice. This was my first time in Whistler, and I really liked the style of the buildings there. It might just have inspired something for SC4 next time around ;D

42-21

42-22
Yeah, this is me ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a little bonus, this is a song that's stuck in my head ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this update as much as I enjoyed making it. It felt so good playing again after all those months ;D I really hope the next update isn't three months away, but if it is, have a good life, and I'll see you when I see you :P

Your awesome friend,

dedgren

Jordan:  Really cool signs,fabulous pics, smart graphics... what more could anyone ask for.

Cascadia is looking great !

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

io_bg

Great rural/low wealth development you've got! And nice real-life pics, what's your camera gear? :P
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

bat

Fantastic new full update there! Great work on your city, too.

sumwonyuno

Great pictures!  I especially like that animated map.   :thumbsup:

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

RickD

Welcome back (again  :P). Loved the new update. The map is pretty cool.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ol.S / Benoit

Benoit.
MD : Click on picture