• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i_love_lamp

WHAT! The US gets it's ass kicked!  :bomb:
Well, i guess i COULD still read this

marsh

I like that river. :thumbsup:  Im assuming that people of the township planted those flowers, since it would be near impossible to find those naturaly  ??? .....  :P

Kevin1a

I didn't even notice the flowers at first.  There is so much detail, that you notice new things the longer you stare.  They look good, and I like the way the town is kind of rounded.  A lot of my developments suffer from a square look reminiscent of rapid growth, rather than the rounded look of a small town that has slowly chewed away at the edge of the forest for a number of years.  Also, that railway station is one of my favorites.  It's also present in my city, though it will be at least one or two more updates before my overview reaches that point.  May I ask where you got the two track leading up to the windmill?  Is it transit enabled?  It just happens to look a lot like the farm roads near my grandmothers house in Germany.  That white beach is very pristine looking I wouldn't mind having a campfire out there one day, and maybe camping on the beach for a day.  Anyone want to bat my tent? :D Haha.

Battlecat

Great stuff in the last few updates!  Nice job on the zoom 4 mosaic! 

Nanami

canyonjumper

Hi all! There will be an update soon focussed  on my explorations with the new NAM stuff. For now though, I have started a series of stories, non-SC4 related about alternate histories. You can read Chapter One of the first story here.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

canyonjumper

Everyone:

Unfortunately, my installation of SC4 has gone awry. I'm 99% sure it was a computer issue. And, adding to my negative karma, it seems that when the game decided to stop working as it should, it dragged my installation folder with it. Fortunately I backed up my regions yesterday, but my plugins are not so up-to date. I will be taking time to redownload everything, and I will be starting a new region for Cascadia. If I am a little touchy over the next few days, you'll know why. I'll probably keep an actual list of CC this time ;D. Thanks guys.

-Jordan :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

Very sorry to hear about your computer problems, hopefully we will see Cascadia rise again.

art128

A nice interchange there, Jordan !
I'm sorry to hear about the lost of your SC4 files.. But luckily you've made a back-up recently. (this reminds me to make a back-up too.. )

Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RickD

Sorry to hear that. But good you have a backup.  :thumbsup: Waiting for the next update ...  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tomas Neto

This wonderful series, "Best Of Cascadia", is amazingly fantastic!!! I'm truly speechless!!!   &apls &apls &apls

Awesome work my friend!!!

ecoba

Sorry to hear about your computer problems, Jordan. Hope you get it sorted out soon, and I know that your redux will be better than ever!

Ethan  :)

Kevin1a

I'm in the process of building a new installation too.  I didn't lose my old one, but it is cluttered, and I want to play on my netbook.  I am still going to continue my current region on my MD on my desktop, but I will probably be playing mostly on my netbook.  I have spent almost a week now putting together the perfect setup with tons of custom content and all the different mods that I have been too lazy to download in the past.  Good luck with your recovery, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Nanami

canyonjumper

Just a teaser today, I'll do replies next time.  

T15-01
LADNER

Ah, the smell of a pic right out of the proverbial oven ;D This pic is of the Ladner CBD, along the main branch of the Tohose Canal. Ladner is located in Central Pacifica. It is known for it's breathtaking canal system. In the Euro section of the city, W2W buildings dominate, around a central roundabout. (Euro section is still a WIP). 

Featured CC

Your friend, 
                  Jordan :thumbsup:

io_bg

Fantastic teaser, Jordan! Great use of the TULEP and the NWM! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

Wow Jordan, my friend, really awesome teaser!!!   &apls
I'll be here for see the conclusion in the next update!!!  :thumbsup:

ecoba

Wow, great teaser here, Jordan. Glad that you've been able to get SC4 up and running again, can't wait to see more of the new Cascadia. :)

Ethan

sumwonyuno

Heh, I think you're implying you got your computer back up and running.   :thumbsup:

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!