• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

New Sweden with a little red house, with it's on liquor store. Sweden in a nutshell :P

edit: spelling error, lol

gn_leugim

&Thk/( you made me hungry, to the kitchen....   :P

RickD

Hehe, my first thought was "Wow, breakfast is expensive in New Sweden". Glad that it wasn't just cheap, old me thinking that.  :D

But I'd like to visit there anyway. :)

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Kitsune

oh my ... I grew up with those home style breakfasts about 4 hours north of Toronto, but now, I just epicly crave them and are one of my things to do list when I head back home, and now you just made that craving even worse ! (tack that onto the things you miss when you move to the big city)
~ NAM Team Member

dedgren

Thanks for the comments about New Sweden, folks.  I'll go back and respond to several "in-post" in a bit.

Anyway, here's one of several puzzle pieces on the scheduler for today.

Back later with a couple more.

UPDATE:

Here's another I drew this evening.  It took about four times what I originally estimated, as diagonal trackage is miserable to make symmetrical.

And now for something completely different.  I know that a few folks out there are looking for something like this.

Did I hear someone say DTR-W?  Stay tuned.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Will12

DTR-Wide! OMG OMG OMG! He he he anyways when beta testing?

gn_leugim

apeguy

Nice S-Curves, the diagonal one must have been difficult to make. :thumbsup:

The DTR-W looks interesting, I'm not sure what applications you could use it for, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

vortext

Quote from: apeguy on February 29, 2012, 09:25:39 AM
The DTR-W looks interesting, I'm not sure what applications you could use it for, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. :)

Me neither but it sure looks nice  :D

Glad to see everything is up and running again  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

oooh! Nice new pieces there, David! I seriously can't wait to see more!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

piece after piece ::)

last pic seems to be promising  ;)

Keep going on that track  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Jespernilsson

Nice to see you up and running David! Hope life is treating you well.

I just came in for my update of this thread... and also to announce that this ---http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/29/first-simcity-5-screens-and-details-surface/--- was posted on PCGamer.com

:o

gn_leugim

Quote from: apeguy on February 29, 2012, 09:25:39 AM

Variety at least, and as far I can tell, you just need to insert a lane in the middle to have a Triple track, so it can be also used to transition pieces.  Also I can imagine stations being made to have a central isle, fitting the wide dual track. there are some possibilities I believe :p

dedgren

Heh!  Now we have a set!

This one just fell into place once I was able to align the center with the grid.

QuoteI can imagine stations being made to have a central isle, fitting the wide dual track.

My friend, that was what I was thinking.  We saw a lot of stations with platforms in the center of widened dual trackage last fall over in Europe.  I was also thinking of displaced prop ploppable bridges with a stanchion between the tracks.  I'm sure that there are other uses.  Anyway, we'll see.

Million View Contest update later today!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Nardo69

Hi Dave!

Yes I did receive your PM. Nice to see that ol' Papa Nardo isn't completely forgotten yet ... ;)

Your TTR progress looks great, but I do appreciate that DTR-W. PEREFECT for sidings with platforms on STR.

Regarding transitions: Call me crazy but I regard STR->TTR more important than standard DTR to TTR. However such a transiton piece should be asymmetric - symetric swithces to left and right are really seoldeom IRL.

Short info for now - new NAM (from december) isn't installed yet and I need to play a bit more ... I am not completely dead but have been close to ...

Thanks for your kind PM  my friend!

Take care

Bernhard

EDIT: SC4 Gods are never forgotten, my great friend.  Not here at 3RR, and not at SC4D overall while I would have anything to do with it.  Thank you for your input, and for the kind words. -de

bakerton

nice curves David. The DTR-W looks interesting. New Sweden reminds me of some resort towns in Northern Wisconsin during winter. Looking forward to more of ttr, dtr-w and 3rr. JKB

EDIT:  Jon, thanks.  As for resort towns in Northern Wisconsin, my mom, dad, brother, sister and I would spend a week every summer when I was growing up at Adam's Pine Acres, a resort (guest cottages, actually- they were very cool) on Spider Lake in Manitowish Waters.  Dad came that close to going in with another guy and buying the place when it went up for sale.  I wish.... -de
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

dedgren

Thank you, Bernhard!

This may be my favorite piece of new trackage yet.

...working, working...

I'm pretending today is a holiday, since it only comes once every four years.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

buddybud

i've had to scroll up and down that pic a couple times...its rather mesmerizing! Subtle curves and smooth alignment...i think i'm in love  $%Grinno$%..

gn_leugim

Nice. I see one or other fault here and there but sure you will correct them.

also, isn't possible a layout where all three lines merge into one at once?

Swordmaster

Quote from: gn_leugim on March 01, 2012, 02:07:36 AM
Nice. I see one or other fault here and there but sure you will correct them.

also, isn't possible a layout where all three lines merge into one at once?

Three-way switches are a rare thing, sure. They're more complicated engineering-wise, and require more maintenance, so the double switch setup David used makes more sense to me at least. Nice work, btw, David!

Cheers,
Willy

PS: I don't see any faults?