• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

:shocked2: The classic wooden single-track rail trestle! Amazing!  &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Livin in Sim

Hey, David,

I am still devoutly, daily following your...um...development thread, I think is really the best word.  I mean, you are still a mayor, with all the fitting mayoral trappings and respect, you are just a mayor who devolops things.  Boy, do you develop things.  My bags are packed and I'm soon to embark on my well-deserved guilt trip received for dearth of comments, &blush but before I do, just let me say,

Woohoo, HACK THE GAME, baby, HACK THE GAME!!!! %BUd%

I hope Jeroni will not smite me for overzealous use of forum do-hickeys and thing-a-ma-bobs, but hey, I figure, that's what they're there for, to call on in moments such as this, when, as in numerous other times, a person didn't know how to really recognize such momentous events.  And when a person had almost thought of something, there came another Momentous Development.  It is just all too much for my little mind.  But I do know that I will have no trouble whatsoever putting it to use if and when it is generously offered.  I'm heading out now to gas up the car.  Hopefully on my trip I will drive on some incremental curves through some turning trees, past lovely road signs, crops, windmills, alongside a lovely paralell single track rail grade and bridge.  Best to Heather and the fam, and Happy Trails.

Bye for now.   &kiss
--Liv

Toichus Maximus

DEFINITELY not sitting down! AMAZING!

Pat

just stunning stuff here david wow!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Fantastic work there on the bridge for a single-track rail!! :thumbsup:

inspecter

I can't wait for the STR to be released.

metarvo

Oh, my.  It's been over a day without a post from David in 3RR.  We all know what that usually means... don't we? ::)

He's up to something, isn't he? 145414
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

'The High Line'

Now, before anyone starts a Sierra Nevada region just for STR- this is still eye candy.  Very nice eye candy, but folks are working hard as this is written to get this into the game.  This is, however, exactly (subject to adjustment for color and minor matching glitches) how at least my end of the STR will look.  There's more picvs to come.

I'm finishing up my stay in Helena tomorrow, and have been in meetings, so time is sort of limited.  We'll see what we can do.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

nerdly_dood

Great update! What a way to distract me from this essay I'm doing... :D

so what if it's eye candy? sure, i'd PREFER it to be functional, but that ain't how the world always rowks, is it - at least I assume that's not how Tarkus works as far as the paths go... ;D

EDITOh, it will only be eye candy for a little while longer.  STR will be fully functional when released, my friend. -DE

Another Admin raiding your post . . .

Oh, and don't thank me for the STR stuff . . . I'm only involved in a technical advising capacity.  The modding on all the RAM stuff is all the excellent work of my NAM colleague, Jonathan (Warrior). -Alex

I never expected the STR to remain eye-candy for all eternity anyway... If someone on the NAM team is working on it, it will never be released as eye-candy and will be entirely functional - or at least that's been my experience. And now that I know who's actually doing the modding I'll give Warrior the credit that's due. ;)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

sithlrd98

Awesome! Take your time David...great teaser!

Jayson

EDITNo Jayson, that was a good teaser.  Now this...

...channeling Crocodile Dundee...

...is a great teaser.
-DE

thundercrack83

I don't know what to say...

I'm speechless.

Dustin

un1

Wow!  &apls

Amazing work dedgren, I can't wait to see more.

(Also, are you re-texturing the Maxis Railroad, it just looks like it in the teaser)

-un1

Again, don't thank me.  Thank Jonathan (warrior) on the modding end. -Alex/Tarkus

Edit: Whoops, I must have been getting mixed up with the post above.  :P

threestooges

I know The Highline is still eye candy, but I guarantee you this has a spot in my region when it is ready. A little spot just waiting for it... and a few dozen spur lines too. By the way, both teasers look good. I left my thoughts on them in the RAM area, but a quick summary would be: amazing, as usual. Hope all is well.
-Matt

metarvo

Actually, I'm sad to say that I'm reporting a problem with the new updated FAR(R)/WC set.  ()sad()  As soon as I installed it, several of my networks in a test city built for the FAR(R) went missing.  All existing FAR(R)/WC pieces disappeared, and some other NAM pieces disappeared as well (including NAM overpasses/elevated networks, such as Elevated Road - Blank Terrain and Road over RHW-4, and NAM curves, such as the 45-degree Road curve) :'(.  This problem only applies to existing pieces.  New FAR(R)/WC and NAM puzzle pieces can be built without any issues, but any previously built ones have disappeared.  Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?  I don't want to have to go back to the old set, which I still have on my HDD for this reason.

Don't get me wrong, the FAR(R) is amazing, David! :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MassHelper

Did u dat pack the FARR??

:) Mass
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

Ennedi

I must apologize you. My FAR/FARR testing is not finished. I know David made a deadline at 10th October, in addition I have an important meeting in Warsaw and I will be inactive from Friday to Wednesday.
But I have more work than I expected with these tests. I saw all other reports :thumbsup: and I concentrated on the practical engineering aspect of FAR/FARR ie. slopes and such things. I'm going to prepare a placing instruction for various pieces. But I need at least the whole day to prepare it. It can be possible next weekend.

Today I can only say the following:

1. I have no problems with installing, menus, placing and NAM.
2. I tested all pieces first without any slope mod, then with my slope mod "Medium" version. Generally speaking, S-curve, FAR short curve and FAR straight piece work very good on slopes and can be used to build road going uphill/downhill.

Why? I will explain it next time.
If we place these pieces across the slope like on picture below, we can notice some creases:

All pieces changing the road direction ie. 45 and 90 degrees curves work bad on slopes. Why? An answer next time  :)

3. Slope mods: Without any slope mod (or with JRJ/bones1/BRF mods) you can place tiles on most slight and moderate slopes, but there is a big chance to achieve uneven pieces.
My slope mod eliminates most creases and the network look soft, but you will be unable to place pieces if the slope angle is too big.

I made some experiments including the new version of the slope mod. It can be interesting and maybe some problems can be solved.
At this occasion I noticed some interesting issues:

-Sloped single road tiles  ;D

- New possibilities of building bridges (without a rain tool and such things  :P)

Please let me work a bit more  ;)

Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

girlfromverona

Wow, the STR is looking amazing! Well done to all involved.  &apls

sithlrd98

EDITNo Jayson, that was a good teaser.  Now this...

...channeling Crocodile Dundee...

...is a great teaser.
-DE

Alright...someone take Davids' computer time away...go outside...get some fresh air...and please stop making all of us drool!
Actually , keep it coming...you can't have too many choices...can you?

Jayson

inspecter

Great teasers. I hope to see this transition --== soon.

thundercrack83

inspecter: Don't get your hopes up. It's going to be quite a while before these are ready to go for public consumption, as David pointed out earlier about them making "a great Christmas present for the community."

While your enthusiasm is always welcome, folks tend to frown upon from demands and time constraints being made on them.

In the meantime, David, keep up the fabulous work!

Dustin