• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fledder200

Thatsso funny!!
the apartmentbuilding you are batting on the Bierstraat Rotterdam, a friend of my lives on the 19th floor in that building!!!
lol i would love to show him his apartment  ;D &apls
i live almost next to that building! maybe you can BAT mine aswel :P  ;)
keep up the good work i love your BAT's  :thumbsup:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

art128

Thans all !

Fledder200 - Hehehe, that's a funny yeah !  :D Wait a week or less and you'll get more render of the Bierstraat that you'll can show to your firend ..  :thumbsup: I'm still working slowly on the base ! What is your building ? If it's not too difficult (well at least if it's BAtable) I can try it as well !  :thumbsup:

Delecto - I've reworked the layer, I think it looks okay now ! The top roof texture, for this point I agree, I'm myself not satisfied with it too, I've put the texture a bit below, tell me what you think and if another texture, with a link ( ;D ), is needed here ! As for the ground floor, well I think it looks okay from the photos and real impression I get when passing tough the area I think the high of it is okay.. But I can always put the high down a bit of you want ! For information the high is 13 meters.. Well now that you said that, I think it's a bit too much, what about a high of 10 meters instead of 13 ? As a sims is 4 meters tall I think from the shot of Google's Street View it's approximately  3 times a real people, so I thought, when I was making the building that 13 meters is enough for that !

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ecoba

Wow, Arthur, my friend. You really are a really good BATer and I wonder if any of your buildings have been released yet? Have They?

Ethan

art128

eeeehm.... No...  &ops But i'm trying to do correct light for this one and I'll upload as soon as possible, well at least when it will be ready !  ;D

Props & Texture Catalog

Delecto

Try to show us renderings at zoom5, it's better to help you.  ;)

my advice would be...
- dirty the fans and satellite dishes.
- give more perspective to the side windows. Try to extrude the gray part outside, not much but just enough to give him consistency.

10 meters for the base will look better i hope, not sure.  &mmm
Oh, and I always put 2 or 3 Sims on my lot, it's better to interpret the dimensions.  ;) but it begins to be very well!

DEL!

art128

Quote from: Delecto on December 10, 2009, 09:33:58 AM
Try to show us renderings at zoom5, it's better to help you.  ;)

Now that I use 3dsMAX 2009 (with SimFox's new BAt4max ;D ) the render are faster, so I can post only zoom5..  ()stsfd()

my advice would be...
- dirty the fans and satellite dishes.
- give more perspective to the side windows. Try to extrude the gray part outside, not much but just enough to give him consistency.

For the satellite dish, I can, just give me the appropriate texture. (I can't find any that fits well here &mmm ) As for the perspective of the side windows, I'd like, but it's a simple plane with a simple texture.. So I don't know how to extrude only one part of it (if you know, let me know !  ;D )

10 meters for the base will look better i hope, not sure.  &mmm
Oh, and I always put 2 or 3 Sims on my lot, it's better to interpret the dimensions.  ;) but it begins to be very well!

I'll do that !  ;)

Anyway, here is some progress on the building in Rotterdam, I've done a part of the base..

And here is a project I'd like to do for my MD, it's based on an asylum in a game :

Fledder200 -> i'm a bit blocked at the moment, because I can't find any pictures of the back wall of the base of the tower, if you or your friend can take some, it will be very kind !

-Arthur.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Nobody to give comments, critics etc ?  :(

Props & Texture Catalog

Fledder200

Hi Arthur!
it looks amazing! the week after xmass i'm meeting him, when i go there i'll make some pic's for you oke?!
my building isn't that nice and high, but it's a nice one.
the pics below don't do any good for my building but it would be cool if you BAT it!
my building is located on the most far right on the second pic. there are 3 same buildings and onderneath the apartments there are "health shops" like dokters, daycares and dentest offices
the "laan op zuid" is called the health boulvard and is one of the main roads to the city center
i will even dragg my poor little body trough the snow to make some real good pics foor you if you like lol
and if you like to have more pic's of buildings in rotterdam, i can help!
juist scream and i will see if i can make pics!

keep up the good work and let me know!

greets Ferry
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

art128

Hi Fledder200 !

Thanks for your future helps with the pictures, it's very kind of you  !
Your building is also really interesting, some modern buildings like that, is all I love ! I'll try to do them when I'll finish the others projects I have on the way  ;D !

BTW, the future days are only for BATing (I get bored of SC4 because of 3 crash without a saving on my poor capital..  &sly )
So an update to come soon !

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Nobody again to comment my BATs ?  ()what()

Props & Texture Catalog

tamorr

Well you can expect that for yesturday and today, really probably at least around this holiday... Looks like some nice work you have done since I last posted, everything is shaping up nicely... :thumbsup:
   Always a pleasure to see yours among there other great Batters out there. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

art128

Thanks Tamorr !  :)

Well, today I tried to export a W2W building, but when I exported it, 3dsMAX give me this error :

What that means ?

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

after some quick googling I found this post by callagrafx and this thread over at ST. After reading both, my guess is that it's caused by nightlights.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

art128

Yeah, the nightlights... But I can't find any tips to solve that problem.. strange, should I export it without any night lights ?

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

errr... I suppose you could ask Simfox, I'm pretty sure he'll know the answer (seeing as he created BAT4MAX)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

art128

Yeah.. I'll try now.
I'll post the answer to my question when he'll replied.  :)

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Hey !
I have somethings in my BAT workshop..
I've done a little I-M warehouse based on a small industrial building near oeiras, in Lisbon's suburbs..
here's what I have done with an ingame result !

But when I zoom in :

Anyone have an idea of this problem ? (Sorry DEL for asking you by PM, but I needed to update my BAt thread  :P ^^ )
Oh and btw, I plan to redo the roof texture, with a more blackish one (like the one Ferox used a lot for his W2W series )

And here's something I bring back from the older files :

(Zoom5 HD resized to 800x600 ) link to full size
what do you think of it ?

Props & Texture Catalog

riiga

Stunning work Arthur! The warehouse looks good (in zoom 4 :P) and that crane is just awesome!  :thumbsup:

- riiga

Une_ame

The crane is superb :thumbsup:.

BTW, do you have some updates for the Montparnasse shopping mall buidings ?
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

art128

Riga - Thanks !  ;D

Une_ame - Yeah, the Montparnasse mall building.. well, I'm trying to find 3 hours to export it  :D Day and night version ;D

Props & Texture Catalog