• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

A couple of follow-up questions:

1) Have you downloaded the test patch a few posts above?  It does affect MAVE-6 paths.

2) Have you checked the Evening Commute Volume Map?  Often times, for the Morning Commute, you'll see traffic only on one side.

I'd also recommend checking things with DrawPaths.

-Alex

Moonraker0

I have just downloaded it now (I thought it was only for slope issues, although, come to think of it, the MAVE-6 is on a small slope).  The evening commute is the same as the morning commute, no traffic at all.  I will try DrawPaths and see what results that produces.

Deathcat001

Some Conflicting Intersections cause crashes. Just to notify that to some people.

Tarkus

Quote from: Deathcat001 on September 20, 2010, 11:51:29 PM
Some Conflicting Intersections cause crashes. Just to notify that to some people.

Which intersections and what do you mean by "conflicting"?  With more information, I could diagnose things.

-Alex

Tarkus

The Network Widening Mod has just been updated to Version 1.1.1 on the LEX.  This release is primarily a bugfix release, and contains the following changes:

• "Path stairstepping" on capacity enhanced networks built on slopes (ARD-3, OWR-3, MAVE-6) fixed.
  • Some T21s fixed to allow them to appear in Industrial-High Tech areas.
  • Improvements to TLA-3 and TLA-5 pathing to allow more stable U-Drive-It (UDI) Snap-To-Roads functionality.
  • Inclusion of a Lot Support file (NetworkWideningMod_LotSupport.dat), providing universal paths and textures for use in NWM-related Lots.

-Alex

samerton

Great! I will re-download it now! Thanks a lot, Alex and the team!  &apls

Rionescu

I was looking through the NWM textures and I came upon this one. Looks like the beginnings of the Narrow MAVE-4  ;D

jdenm8

There's quite a few NMAVE-4 textures there Rion, not just that one.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

All the base network textures (0x51050000-0x51050804) and their paths, along with a Road-to-NMAVE-4 transition (0x51356000-0x51356010) have been in there since the initial Version 1.0 release back in May.  The RULs for that transition, plus the starter and I believe at least part of the overrides are in the current public NAM controller build as well, albeit commented out/disabled.

-Alex

Rionescu

I figured there'd at least be a straight piece somewhere, but I guess I skipped all of them but one :-[. I guess if it's that far along, it can't be too long until it's enabled.

jdenm8

Well, the reason it wasn't implemented was because it was unstable. Tarkus said that about 7 months ago.

Tarkus

Actually, the code is relatively stable . . . the network is designed such that its RULs can be a direct port of the TLA-3 or AVE-2.  The main issue is that there are no textures or paths for intersections.  There wouldn't be much point in enabling the network without those.

-Alex

Rionescu

canyonjumper

Man: "Honey, I can't get off the road!!"
Wife: "Don't be stupid, just get off the way you got on."
Man: "How did we get on? I don't see any intersections...."

:P
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

jdenm8

Quote from: Tarkus on March 26, 2010, 12:36:05 PMAs mentioned before, the NMAVE-4 is currently without intersections, so at this point, it wouldn't really make sense to release it . . . and besides, we've already got 10 other networks coming out for the first release. ;)
-Alex

lol, you did say that too. That's me getting my information wrong again :P

j-dub

QuoteActually, the code is relatively stable . . . the network is designed such that its RULs can be a direct port of the TLA-3 or AVE-2.  The main issue is that there are no textures or paths for intersections.  There wouldn't be much point in enabling the network without those.

-Alex

Furthering the creator, (don't hold your breath guys) you would have had to use pieces not thought for the NMAVE, to fill in the missing intersections, like the existing, Tram in Road pieces (the width is almost if not identical), but its not the same amount of lanes, and has nothing to do with the NWM project, or if you wanted to keep with regular roads, you would of had to temporarily use road TuLEPs between, it fits close, but not quite.

If you want to prepare yourself for NMave now, you could use the Tram in Road temporarily, because the cars can use it as a 1 tile four lane road, its just its not the same as being able to drag the real, unfinished thing out, but again, the TRAM branch of NAM is a completely different neighborhood then the NWM branch of the NAM.

Tarkus

I think you may have meant Tram-on-Road.  The Tram-in-Road just has two lanes of traffic and the tram track lanes are not shared with car traffic.  And you may have just given me an idea . . .

-Alex

Jack_wilds

Quote from: Tarkus on September 24, 2010, 10:23:22 AM
...  And you may have just given me an idea . . .

-Alex

...uh-oh, I hear gears turning, wizz-boom-pop!   :D

just popping-in to say something  $%Grinno$%

Jack  :satisfied:

Tarkus

Well, the "idea" I had (borrowing some Tram-on-Road stuff for NMAVE-4) didn't quite work out . . . the roadway on Tram-on-Road is actually slightly wider than that of the NMAVE-4.  I'll figure something out, though.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

Hey Tarkus...?

I was editing some OWR-2 textures for the end pieces and wondered what they'd look like if I plopped one of the NWM OWR transitions. Turns out that if I plopped the OWR-2 to OWR-3 piece,... The paths disappear...  ()what()

I also added some ARD-3 on a hill to prove that it wasn't related to the stairstep problem from before. (Though I'm also seeing some extra arrows on the networks... I'm guessing it's what gives these kinds of networks the extra capacity...)

Why can't those kinds of pieces be starterless like their OWR-4 and OWR-5 counterparts (Like the piece I plopped to the left of the problematic piece)?

I also found that the OWR-1 to OWR-2 piece also does the same thing, and the paths will reappear if the OWR is dragged in the opposite direction as shown in here.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums