• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: DAB_City on February 10, 2012, 10:28:22 AM
Remember to change the descriptions (again!) -  sorry to keep being a pain, it's good to be helpful though ;)

Yeah, there's so many spots where it's referenced in the sticky post that it's a little hard to keep track of at times.  I've been meaning to re-do it and the RHW one for some time now.

-Alex

DAB_City

I see what you mean, although I'm sure the actual NAM-related work has a slight priority ::)
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Wilfried

Quote from: Tarkus on January 19, 2012, 02:16:42 PMWHAT WILL MOST LIKELY BE INCLUDED [...]
Hey Tarkus,

I was wondering if you could make some transitions from the NMAVE-4 (NRD-4) to the other one-tile road types (RHW-2, AVE-2, ARD-3, TLA-3).

Currently, I find very difficult to use this network as it's only compatible with the normal two-lane road.

Apart from that, are there any plans on making a 8-/10-lane Maxis highway? I'm asking since I found images of a 4-/5-lane Maxis highway in the NetworkAddonMod4.dat file that could be used for this purpose.

noahclem

For some reason I thought there were more NRD-4 transitions planned for the next release--I think someone else went ahead and created most of the textures you're asking for. I wouldn't expect the RHW-2 transition though, you might as well just transition to road and then RHW-2.

No wider MHW stuff is planned. I'm assuming what you found in the dat is part of the 45 degree "Y" MHW interchange.

Wilfried

Quote from: noahclem on March 21, 2012, 11:40:07 AM
For some reason I thought there were more NRD-4 transitions planned for the next release--I think someone else went ahead and created most of the textures you're asking for. I wouldn't expect the RHW-2 transition though, you might as well just transition to road and then RHW-2.
Yeah, I just found them, thanks. They look really impressive, but I'm rather asking for single-tile transitions.

QuoteNo wider MHW stuff is planned. I'm assuming what you found in the dat is part of the 45 degree "Y" MHW interchange.
No, that's not it. You can check by yourself using Reader; the IDs are ea467dab for the 4-lane roadway and ea567dab for the 5-lane roadway, and neither appers in the MHW Y-stack.

noahclem

Quote from: Wilfried on March 21, 2012, 12:12:23 PM
Quote from: noahclem on March 21, 2012, 11:40:07 AM
Yeah, I just found them, thanks. They look really impressive, but I'm rather asking for single-tile transitions.

QuoteNo wider MHW stuff is planned. I'm assuming what you found in the dat is part of the 45 degree "Y" MHW interchange.
No, that's not it. You can check by yourself using Reader; the IDs are ea467dab for the 4-lane roadway and ea567dab for the 5-lane roadway, and neither appers in the MHW Y-stack.

Single-tile transitions have also been discussed here, and might be implemented as a "drag-trans" (not puzzle piece-based) option, alongside the textures you saw here. The 4- & 5-lane MHW is not from the plain "y" intersection, it's from a splitter intersection where there is no access between two of the highways in the interchange. Trust me, there are no plans for MHW-8s or -10s.

Tarkus

I can confirm there will be no wider MHWs.  There never have been plans for wider MHWs, and those textures are for other purposes.  There wouldn't be much utility to wider MHWs, especially they'd be extraordinarily difficult to make and we have the RHW system already.  Plus we'd have folks pounding down your door to make extraordinarily difficult pre-fab interchanges for them (e.g. "can you guys make a stack for MHW-10-over-MHW-6"), which is the last thing we want.

-Alex

Wilfried

itsacoaster

Brief question for you fine folks:

Is the diagonal OWR-3 to OWR-2 transition bidirectional?  I am having trouble getting the arrows to point toward the northeast.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: itsacoaster on April 07, 2012, 11:02:03 AM
Is the diagonal OWR-3 to OWR-2 transition bidirectional?

They are, as with all OWR-related transitions.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

SimCity V6

Hello,

I've noticed that all paths are missing at the Diagonal ARD-3 and Orthogonal Street T Intersection end and all paths are clear from most of the intersection area (except the path of the one-lane side of the ARD-3, which has a gap) therefore causing UDI's to end when the vehicle approaches the intersection.

EDIT:Picture is here!

Can somebody help me with this???  &hlp

njdevil995

Quote from: SimCity V6 on April 08, 2012, 06:15:37 AM
Hello,

I've noticed that all paths are missing at the Diagonal ARD-3 and Orthogonal Street T Intersection end and all paths are clear from most of the intersection area (except the path of the one-lane side of the ARD-3, which has a gap) therefore causing UDI's to end when the vehicle approaches the intersection.

(Image coming soon)

Can somebody help me with this???  &hlp

This is also the case for Diagonal OWR-3.

jdenm8

Because, if you had read the readme you'd know, Diagonal Intersections in the NWM are partially present and not supported as a whole because of that.

Also, the privacy settings for your image are incorrect. I cannot load it, even when using the URL directly.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

QuoteAlso, the privacy settings for your image are incorrect. I cannot load it, even when using the URL directly.

You mean SimCity V6's picture of the unpathed diagonal ARD and street?

Moonraker0

Hey NWM team—not sure what's going on here; I just now got this.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Moonraker0 on April 13, 2012, 06:14:26 PM
I just now got this.

Probably a quirk in the RUL-2 code. Try placing the starter closer to the crossing as a (much) quick(er) fix.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Moonraker0

Right...in fact, it was even easier than that, as all I had to do was click a few tiles down the OWR.  Not sure why I didn't try that in the first place. :-[

jondor

The fact that it happened at all indicates that there is a RUL2 error.  Depending on which tile you click and exactly how SC4 reevaluates the RULs, it will likely break again until the RULs are corrected.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

At long last . . .

And before anyone asks, yes, they also now exist for the OWR-1 and the base One-Way Road (OWR-2) network.  The OWR-2 also has OWFAR now, too.  (Not sure when I'll get around to FANWM networking, though.)

-Alex

noahclem